51 KB · Views: 658

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i drive a suburban at work so i call it a truck, its also a 3/4 ton

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Nice big bush bumper and big fog lights on the grocery getter.

To the owner it may be a grocery getter BUT that land rover is probably more capable off road than any of the jacked up, rig piped, monster stickered trucks out there....

Just sayin...

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the owner it may be a grocery getter BUT that land rover is probably more capable off road than any of the jacked up, rig piped, monster stickered trucks out there....

Just sayin...

And it's probably been dirtier, seen less trips to the carwash, seen less wax and tire shine, AND isn't driven by some douche canoe wearing Tapout gear with a barbed wire tattoo on a roid raging bicep.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just sayin...

Yes cause with all 5" of travel I'm sure it will be one hell of an off road vehicle. Not a fan of the pavement princesses but this thing would definitely not do better.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes cause with all 5" of travel I'm sure it will be one hell of an off road vehicle. Not a fan of the pavement princesses but this thing would definitely not do better.

you have never drove a rover i take it. flip of the switch your in off road mode on the susp. goes up 3-4 " so now you got a little more travel. and imo they are probably 10x the offroad machine any of the big three make from the factory. there is a reason a rover sells for what it does. dont judge a book by the cover just sayin.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How many people with 12" lifts have actually seen their suspension use more than 2" of travel?? Other than while they tow or haul... Which, I may add is completely impractical. I'll bet there are more people with bone stock surveying trucks that have actually been "off-road" than there are people that have trucks that are "made for it". I have nothing against lifting vehicles up to 6 inches... Anything over, and sometimes including that height is just not even practical. However, that is the owners problem. And to add more, most of the people that have lifts have their suspension set up so solid that it's barely possible to even get 5" of travel out of them.

P.S. Contrary to popular belief, gravel does not qualify as "off-road".

:smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:

SLAYERMIKE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have never drove a rover i take it. flip of the switch your in off road mode on the susp. goes up 3-4 " so now you got a little more travel. and imo they are probably 10x the offroad machine any of the big three make from the factory. there is a reason a rover sells for what it does. dont judge a book by the cover just sayin.

Yes rovers are very capable off road! but there is some cool stuff comming out of detroit like the Jeep rubicon, Dodge power wagon, and Ford raptor now Gm needs to make this!
Detroit 2011: GMC Sierra All Terrain Concept is steroid-riddled awesome — Autoblog
and this
SEMA 2009: Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 isn't a Raptor wrangler... yet — Autoblog

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You're trying to tell me the rover will do better than the Ford SVT Raptor off-road?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You're trying to tell me the rover will do better than the Ford SVT Raptor off-road?

define off road? racing through a desert, at high speeds, jumping, rally style driving the svt all the way.

bush piloting, hill and rock climbing, through streams, and more technical chit i would take the rover anyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rybonrpdqnc

at about 2 mins in that truck with that useless push bar is doint a pretty good job

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kid in our school drives this... (yes he is black)

Letting go of my 1992 3.9 v8 Range Rover

The Good:
Rebuilt Transmission
Aftermarket air intake
Replaced spark plugs and wires
2'5 inch lift
Double cherry bomb with Dual Chrome exhaust
Tinted lights front and back
Custom night vision headlights, with blue halo rings
Fold out Touchscreen 8" DVD DECK
Sunroof
After market alarm system
Tanned leather interior no rips
Tinted windows all around
Brand New winter tires on stock landrover rims
Custom 22" Rims with summer tires 80% tread left worth $3800 alone included in asking price.

The Bad:
Some minor body work needed
Driver door only opens from outside(currently fixing)
Crack on windshield
Tachometer doesn't work

Attachments

• 209435-1.jpg
    209435-1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 618
  • 209435-2.jpg
    209435-2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 615
  • 209435-3.jpg
    209435-3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 621
  • 209435-5.jpg
    209435-5.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 617
  • 209435-4.jpg
    209435-4.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 615

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kid in our school drives this... (yes he is black)

Letting go of my 1992 3.9 v8 Range Rover

The Good:
Rebuilt Transmission
Aftermarket air intake
Replaced spark plugs and wires
2'5 inch lift
Double cherry bomb with Dual Chrome exhaust
Tinted lights front and back
Custom night vision headlights, with blue halo rings
Fold out Touchscreen 8" DVD DECK
Sunroof
After market alarm system
Tanned leather interior no rips
Tinted windows all around
Brand New winter tires on stock landrover rims
Custom 22" Rims with summer tires 80% tread left worth $3800 alone included in asking price.

The Bad:
Some minor body work needed
Driver door only opens from outside(currently fixing)
Crack on windshield
Tachometer doesn't work

yo yo yo

Top Bottom