Pics from the club ride in the Crowsnest Pass

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well here is my schedule.... QuintinG is coming down to calgary and he is going to follow me out . we will be leaving Calgary between 10am - 1030am..1030 being the lastest ( unless he drives like a granny! LOL! joke!) could'nt resite buddy! anyways....this will put us into the campsite about 130 pm give or take. so we can have a good friday night and then ride Saturday and sunday all day! nice! Now, i have never ridden with the crowsnest club, so i will know no one, except for all of you, who most of you i don't know anyways... i think i said that right! LOL!

We will be lookin for the others that are there so you better all tell me what you drive and what you sleep in, so i can find you all! lol.... should be a good time. if anyone has any questions , please pm me... Mark

Last edited:

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
We going to try and get on the road on Wednesday after work. I hope to get some where past Calgary and drive the rest of the way thursday morning. I hope to get to the camp site by late morning. We'll look for others when we arrive. We'll be in a black dodge crew dually pulling an XLR toyhauler.

Anyone know off hand where we can fill up with water when we get down there? Not really keen on packing 1000lbs of water for 500 plus km.

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also like to know if you can fill up with water i should be there Monday or Tuesday night I will be driving a gold ram 3500 with a camper and we will be riding an arctic cat prowler and a popo 700 and a arctic cat quad kwik I will call you tonite to try to figure out where to stage ok.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the phone call, armymags1... ya so like i said as you come into the big field, drive ahead about 1/2 km and then try to find a place to your left as you come in, along the tree line.. if thats all taken, just drive around there and look for a spot that 3 of us can put our units and Quntin's tent ( he is tenting it)... when we get there friday early afternnoon, i will find you... if you and klondike are at your sites on friday afternoon then look for my truck.. i posted a pic of it on here.. if your not and quadding or something, then put a sign saying KWIK HERE...lol..haha.

so anyone else coming, besides.... armymags1- klondikemike - QunitinG - and me ( Kwik ) ??

ohhh water?? don't quote me, but i think you could fill up as you enter the crowsnest pass... there are alot of small towns as you enter and coleman is at least 4 km long.. lots of service stations around there.. im pretty sure you can fill up some where there... there are a lot of service stations....

When you come into calgary on the deerfoot, drive all the way to 22X, there you go right... now if you want to cut of a good 20 minutes to 1/2 hr of driving, then don't go south on the no 2...instead continue on 22X and you will come to a T intersection where you can only turn left.. you turn there.. sign says turner valley, black diamond... you drive to black diamond and then follow the signs for 22x again south to LONGVIEW, now you will drive till you come to a T intersection Highway 3, turn right.. now your on the crowsnest highway....

you cut off all that distance from turning right from the Number 2 on the crowsnest number 3... look it up on the map... thats the way i always go.. its good travel, even with a trailer.. just shorter by 1/2 hr, if you go the way i said...

Last edited:

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I made it down here and found us a nice spot on the right side just past a loading ramp hope to see you all soon

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I don't have gps coordinates but if you go to the west end of Coleman and turn right on 61 st and continue on you will go past 2 Texas gates and you will find an open area with trees along both sides on the right side you will see a dirt and wood ramp we are just on the other side of it I will check around where to fill up with water and post it later

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok nice! Quintin is coming down to calgary and we are leaving about 10 am on friday from calgary.. i know where you are.. thats a nice spot.. we were on the other side right by the road that goes into the bush on the left side sort of middle of field... and we are in for sun, sun, sun and warm... can you say dust! lol

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually when you turn on 61st bear right a little bit and you will see a sign that says staging area and there is 3 Texas gates to go over not 2 and I asked the guy at the esso just before 61st and he said if you have a hose you can fill up there

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like everything is coming together just fine. I'll be loaded up thursday evening and leaving edmonton around 7, maybe earlier. gotta call the CNP clud tomorrow about getting a membership. hopefully i can get one in person at the ride.

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I called their office they said I could get a membership at the ride so that's what I'm counting on as well

Radagast

Reaction score
We're heading out tomorrow morning, plans changed and we're gonna end up tenting it. Dunno whether we'll be at Atlas, McGillivray, or York Creek. If you see us, we'll be about 4 or 5 tents, I ride a black/orange Raptor, buddy has a 450 Honda, another guy with a 500 Fourtracks, and some others I don't know. We may also be the only guys out there with a 6 X 12' Uhaul trailer. xD Feel free to join us if you see us, if we're heading out riding or for beers a the end of the day. :)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give me a text when you exit edmonton on calgary trail... i was in edmonton today and yesterday on the dyno at GET TORQED... we were fine tuning the feul maps and fine tuning the clutches... got home tonight Quintin,, if you drive 115 kn an hour to 120 km an hour you will make it to the shell in 2 1/2 hours.. if you leave at 7 you will be there at 930am give or take 10 minutes... thats from as you exit edmonton on calgary trail...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too late army! lol.. our trip is over and it was very good.. too bad Quintin drove so far. On our first ride to the plane crash, friday afternoon, when we got there, Quintin broke a inside rear cv and then it also ripped the boot.. crappy.. he went home on saturday.. Armymags1 and Klondike went on the rides.. saturday and sunday.. we all left home today.. they took some pics, hopfully they post them.. i did not take any this time.. it was great, sunny, not a cloud in the sky and it was warm.. saturday we did 95 km and sunday about 60.. friday afternnoon we did about 40.

Last edited:

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good meeting you all down there it was a good ride put on a lot of miles to bad quinton broke down hope to see you all on future rides

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and you don't even get dirty on there rides and i'm sorry if i offended anyone on sunday night but i hate politicians, the rides and the people we rode with were great we put on 250 kms going back next month for 4 more days the families of the plane crash put up 7 crosses by the tail of the plane i hope people don't pull them out or deface them but that would be asking a lot

Top Bottom