Pics from the club ride in the Crowsnest Pass

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
We are coming for sure. Booked extra time off and just bought the Family memebership on line. There should be three of us. Not sure if the girl and wife wil be up for lenghty group rides though.

Thanks for doing all the leg work for us Kwik Racing!

Last edited:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Name is Mark, just so you all know.. i don't know if i meet most of you.. i was at the jamboree this year. maybe i met a few of you... can't remember! lol..

anyway, the club is random camping right in the Macgilvery random camping area and we go right from where everyone is set up.. we try to stay in one area.. that way you get to know other in the club.. so we stage from where we camp... drive to your door!

to get there.....

as your heading west, go thru Coleman... as you exit coleman, you will see on your right, 61 st (north)... turn there and follow that up, about 4 to 5 km.. you will go by a fenced in camping area on the right and just about 200 ft more and you come into a big open field where you can camp on the right or left. As time gets closer, i will find out exactly where in the field, around the edges where the trees are that they will be setting up..

61 st is right off the main highway, if you go 100 ft more, on the main highway you go thru a snow closure gate... 61 st is just before you see the gate.. very simple..

joeweasel

Reaction score
The ride sounds great.
Can anyone recommend a place to stay since I won’t be with a tent or trailer.
I’ll just load up at the end of each day and come back out in the morning.

I don’t know the area at all and have no clue what would be close to the staging area.
Thanks

Radagast

Reaction score
I'll be there Aug 19 -21, but don't know if we'll join the club ride or not. We've got a good little group going and might just explore the area on our own. Like I said before though, happy to meet up and ride with other S&Mers.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
ok folks, here is the deal with the crowsnest club ride on the 19th 20th and 21st of August....

if you want to ride in the club sanactioned rides on the Saturday and Sunday rides then you must go to there web site and get a membership.

www.quadsquad.com and sign up there. A membership is 40.00 / year.. well worth the money when you see the trails they have...

even i have to get a membership since we are now 2 seperate clubs ( we used to be one ).....

so before i get a membership too, lets see who is 100% in to come too MacGilvery on Friday and ride saturday and sunday..

i don't know anyone really in there club but since some of you showed interest to go, i am willing to be there also.

For the september long, i will not be going there. our club has a ride at the ghost air strip campground.. we rent the full campground out by Wiperous just past the gravel pit and we do a complete pig , roasting on a rotisery for the day.. its a pot luck thing for satarday night... i will be there. if anyone is interested on our ride on the sept long, then get a hold of me.... our memberships are 30 bucks...

You get inthe mail a membership card and club stickers with a welcome package and i believe some maps of the areas...

So lets post again if you are going to be coming to the crowsnest pass.. thanks.. if you need to talk to me give me a pm with your phone no. and i will call you.. Mark.

were you all out there last year too Mark? if so I drove thru that party the Friday night quite late, was at the wrong campground, we camped just up the road at the North Ghost campground! Heard you guys all weekend though!

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i was there last year for the pig roast.. thats the air strip campground..right after the gravel pit. it gets rented to us every may long and sept long.. anyone is welcomed to camp there and ride with us, as long as you are a member of the club cause this event is a club sanctioned event.. im not sure what a night is.. i think 20 a night?? something like that.. we do some non club sanctioned rides too.. those you don't have to belong to the club.. we have many, between members..

there are a lot of families with small childern that attend.. we are somewhat rowdy but not to any major extent, i don't think! LOL.... ussually 1 or 2 am and everyone is on bed.. you must of heard some other younger group??? haha..

ALSO those of you who want to camp at Macgilvery and not ride with the club, no problem, we can camp all together but IF YOU WANT TO RIDE with the club, only then you have to be a member but we can still camp all together. who knows, if the club rides look like all granny's are going LOL... then we can all join in with who ever..

i would pay the 40 bucks, whether i rode with the club or not... cause the terrian you are riding has been kept open for you by clubs like this.. thats all..

as time gets closer, i will find out where the club will be setting up, kinda.. and then cause, i believe i will be there maybe early, not sure yet.. i will secure some spots close to the clubs spot...so its not so far to walk to visit at night... you know what i mean, eh? haha.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be there Aug 19 -21, but don't know if we'll join the club ride or not. We've got a good little group going and might just explore the area on our own. Like I said before though, happy to meet up and ride with other S&Mers.

how many in your group, radagast ?

Radagast

Reaction score
8 - 12 of us going on the trip, but probably only 4-6 of us riding at any one time. Not everyone in the group has a quad, or wants to quad for that matter.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 - 12 of us going on the trip, but probably only 4-6 of us riding at any one time. Not everyone in the group has a quad, or wants to quad for that matter.

wow. thats nice! lots of people... haha.. well, we can all camp in one spot kinda thing, or try at least...

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know where because I'll probably be there first plan on being there on the 15 or 16th

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know where because I'll probably be there first plan on being there on the 15 or 16th

listen, if you are going to be early there, then just before you leave i will pm you my phone no. or you give me yours.. will talk on the phone.. kinda hard to explain where to go.. cool?

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll give you my number before I leave

armymags1, pm me your no.. i will give you a call....

i talked to the club today cause i got my membership too today and i guess from what they told me is that they will set up somewhere in the middle of the big open area in the macgilvery staging area ... as you come in there is room to camp on either side where the trees start. all the way down to the end.. the field is about 1/2 mile long and 1/4 mile wide, sort of thing..

so i guess if armymags1 is going to be there already on the monday or tues of next week, we will be camping then close together.. as soon as we talk and deside where we will be, i will post it so anyone else that showed interest and is coming can camp somewhere close to us then...

this is what i will be driving with my trailer on the back.. this is at macgilvery last month...

Attachments

• 2011crowsnest_july 002.jpg
    2011crowsnest_july 002.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Top Bottom