Pics from the club ride in the Crowsnest Pass

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like to go back, this year again.. we should see if a bunch of people want to go in the near future.. kinda make a mini snow and mud ride in the crowsnest pass... just a thought!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would join you for quading and dry camping and the trails are for all atvs not alot of mudholes and nice and smooth for the most parts

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'll take scenery like that over mud any day :d Thanks for sharing :beer: I've never been quadding there but it's on my list now. So where exactly does one stage from to take in the full experience. We are going on holidays next week and could swing by the CNP easily from Calgary.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be in for that. I'll post on here when I'm going in September also if anybody wants to come quadding with us.

Depending on dates i may also be interested, that looks absolutley amazing

I'll take scenery like that over mud any day :d Thanks for sharing :beer: I've never been quadding there but it's on my list now. So where exactly does one stage from to take in the full experience. We are going on holidays next week and could swing by the CNP easily from Calgary.

X2 i'm not a huge fan of getting muddy unless i absolutely have too, kinda why a bought a sxs, to stay cleaner.

What amazing pics thanks for sharing, this is also on my list of places to go.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that does look like spectacular views!! I love that kind of riding. Is it fairly dirt bike friendly? Looks like it anyway from some of the pics..dont see a whole lot of "mud"..

I would be highly interested in joining in on a ride there sometime with some folks who know the area well... are there ATV friendly campgrounds nearby or mostly random camping?

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am also curious of the bike friendly nature of the area, looks like a good time, and sure isn't far from home.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
people, people, yes it is very bike friendly.. tons of bikes and awseome to ride a bike or a quad there.. you will not be disappointed, believe me.. last year only went once but sure, sept sounds real nice to me...

i do have the battenfelder atv rodeo to attend the weekend of sept. 17 th and 18 th, but any other weekend i am game...

just post when your going and if it is any other weekend i can attend.. you will have the best riding in alberta, bar none...

We stage from Macgivery or atlas snowmobile stging areas... lots of ramdom camping at both spots. Macgilvery has more spots to camp then atlas.

as soon as you go thru coleman, at the end there is 61 st to the right as you drive west. this is just before the winterroad closure gate ( maybe 30 ft and then the gate) 61 st is just before the gate.... follow signs, its only like 3 or 4 km up the road and bingo! Macgilvery...

now Atlas is further on the highway a bit.. when you see the 2 red smoke stacks of the oil or gas plant on the left, to the right will be a turn off, right across from the red stacks saying Atlas... so up there about 5 km, i think and you come up on a clearing, thats atlas... you can ride everywhere we went from either place.... i don;t have a gps, but have the map and if we go, someone that can work that gps can put all the points in there and we can be off.. i have only ridden the place now twice so without having a gps, i have only a so, so knowledge on where to turn to get to the places we rode..

both places are random camping.. not sure where the campgrounds are but the random camping is A1 there... and better than trailing every day... not even sure how far, if there is paid camping..

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey, is anybody thinking of going for the august long? take an extra day and make it a 4 day weekend... now that is awesome... when i went last weekend i left on Wed. noon and i was there is 2 hrs 45 minutes or so and stayed till sunday afternnoon.. 4 1/2 days there.. now thats a good time...

post away if you wnat to go on the long... i have one or two other places i could go but if we get a few going, i would consider to come too...

ABKTM

Reaction score
Quinten and KWIK, I'd be willing to haul my quad and my toyhauler down in September. I have plans on the weekends of the 11th and he 18th though. I might be able to get a couple co workers also. But they probably won't be up for the drive. I can probably make a long weekend of it.
pm me
Jordan

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, lets see who wants to go the 3 rd 4 th and 5 th, september long.. get out there thursday night or friday and stay till monday afternoon..

how many want to do that? other wise its the 24 th and 25 th.. but thats a normal weekend... you have to have a long to enjoy all the riding to be had there...

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lady Dirt and any other one wheel drives, you will luv this area.
As Kwik says, no problem on the two wheelers. As in any mountainous
region, rocks are abundant , and will shorten the life of our soft MX
tires we normally run. Dry/random camp either Atlas or Macgillvery,
they are joined by a nice trail. There is a nice pay campground
at Chinook
Lake, but saw no atvs in that camp. Nice lake with beach, good for a swim though.
Bought a nice microfiber trail map at Top Gun in Blairmore, for 10 bucks.
Parts for bikes and atvs can be found here.
It has the trails mapped for both sides of #3 hiway. Plus you can wipe the
sweat from your goggles with it..... Deadpans Pass into bc is a good ride.
Windy Ridge was a little more technical . The Atlas pipeline, and even the power lines , are good rides as well. As the others have stated all
good rides in the whole area.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i'm convinced! I want to go! Although I do not like the looks of some of the heavily snowed in trails in the pics... not fun on a bike haha! Will most of this snow disappear towards end of the summer? I'm going to keep tabs on when a group will be heading out there, and hopefully we can make it work to tag along sometime! I'm going to try and round up some others as well. Does it get quite busy on long weekends? Or is it big enough like some places in the mountains where you rarely see anyone else even at busier times?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well like I said before Ive already got a trip with a small group going in mid Sept. Right now I don't have the exact dates written down but I will post it when I know for sure.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had riders from every skill level on our ride... if a few wanted to clip along faster, they just led and then waited for the rest to catch up...

That renegade could do a lot of waiting if it wanted, and make up lost ground quickly...

Sent from my white iPhone 4

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the snow patches up there... you don't drive thru snow anywhere really.. the only place where there is alot sometimes is the airplane crash but thats on the oppisite side of the highway (south side) we quadded mostly on the north side....

On saturday we went thru deadmans flats into BC and then over to crown mnt, from there we went over racehorse pass and back home... that ride was right around 100 km round trip... many shorter rides can be done... you would need a full week to explore just that area along....maybe more...

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to be out there in august from the 13th to the 20th we are hoping to go for that week and hooking up with someone who knows the area would be great and even if you don't know the area it would still be good to go ride with other s and m ers

Radagast

Reaction score
I'll be there Aug 19 - 21, but it's my first trip out there. We're staying at Tecumseh cabins. I'm always happy to have more people along.

Top Bottom