Picked a fine time to leave me....

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shafts are intact? didn't just blow a U-joint? Do they have a transfer case?

All shafts are fine, the ones leading from the transmission to the front diff look just fine and dandy, axles look to be in working order as well.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should try a renegade or i just got an X MR and i ride it like i used to ride my old ltr and i friggen love it, is a beast in the mud too and with stock 30" tires no warranty complaints either... :)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should try a renegade or i just got an X MR and i ride it like i used to ride my old ltr and i friggen love it, is a beast in the mud too and with stock 30" tires no warranty complaints either... :)

It was a toss up between the XMR, 'Gade or XP. I got the XP for cheaper so I went with that....

Though warranty on '30s, snorks, and rad relocate is kinda nice too. ;)

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trust me, its epic! price tag isnt plus i think i need a clutch kit so... add that up, but yeah its a beast, even stock i was going up against a modded brute, grizzly and other outlanders and i could still go places they couldnt (brazeau dam btw)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trust me, its epic! price tag isnt plus i think i need a clutch kit so... add that up, but yeah its a beast, even stock i was going up against a modded brute, grizzly and other outlanders and i could still go places they couldnt (brazeau dam btw)

Dang...

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my only complaint is that when you are fenders deep in that really greasy really thick alberta mud, the belt slips a little (hence the want for a clutch kit haha) but thats probably because of the 30" tires, if you're near edmonton we should go riding sometime and i'll let you take it for a rip :)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMHO i think if you take the xmr and sell those 30's and put on 28" zilla's....

you mite not have had any problems YET... there are many that are breaking the stock cv's on the front of the xmr's.. i know of quite a few in the US and even one of our members in the club has replaced 3 front cv's in about 500 km... lots of breaking complants with brp.... these are not gorrilla axles, they are stock.. just the tires are....

nothing wrong with running the big heavy tires, just don't complain about breaking things. its the tires... be prepared to spend... zilla's all day. no breaking anymore imo.

you i do agree with a lot of you... trottle control plays a big part and riding sense and experience help greatly....

you will not find a quad that is better than the other in the repair business.
some have major trouble with this, others with that... it never ends with any manufacturer.

it is a Utility quad, with utility parts... must use judgement in the beating of the machine.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my only complaint is that when you are fenders deep in that really greasy really thick alberta mud, the belt slips a little (hence the want for a clutch kit haha) but thats probably because of the 30" tires, if you're near edmonton we should go riding sometime and i'll let you take it for a rip :)

Me and quadboy55 live in Edmonton and ride in the skeg and mud at his farm. Its fun stuff and im sure he'd like to try that Can-Am. His Popo just isnt holding up.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats possible as well. I think most of the problem is that you went from a sport quad to a utility quad and are still trying to drive it like a sport quad. Just like your avatar pic. The bike is not designed to be riden like that and it doesn't matter what brand you buy stuff is going to continue to break until you drive it like its designed.

At the time when it broke he was using it in the mud, unless your saying that Popo's arnt made for the mud haha. Jusy kidding but really Ive had my Brute for 3 years with 4000kms on it and ride just the same way but never had a breakdown, kinda makes you wonder whats going on with a 2012 machine with hardly any kms on it. Not the first problem hes had with this thing either. Sucky situation.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should all go for one big S&M ride some time and see how these XMR's and 'Gades compare to PoPo's and Brutes. :)

Sent from my white iPhone 4

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Byronkentgrahm: I think I may just end up selling this after all is said and done and get myself a used brute or something that works :p

They are nice machines if you get a good one. Hate to say it but I've heard a lot of stories about little things going wrong. But hey at least our frames aren't snapping:rolling::smiliestirthepot:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with running the big heavy tires, just don't complain about breaking things. its the tires... be prepared to spend... zilla's all day. no breaking anymore imo.

Anyone else smell the bull chit? It's not the tires it's the rider. If you are going put the throttle on the whole way in thick skeg you are going to break things. Like they always say "95% of the problems with quads are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars and the seat"

XMRs look nice but the massive price tag is definitely a turn off. I can buy a brute put 30" silverbacks, a BBK, Muzzy, Chip, clutch, snorkel, a second radiator for cheaper than one of those

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else smell the bull chit? It's not the tires it's the rider. If you are going put the throttle on the whole way in thick skeg you are going to break things. Like they always say "95% of the problems with quads are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars and the seat"

XMRs look nice but the massive price tag is definitely a turn off. I can buy a brute put 30" silverbacks, a BBK, Muzzy, Chip, clutch, snorkel, a second radiator for cheaper than one of those

Ok, i agree partially with what you said there, yes rider is a big key here....

BUT first of all why then can you get better/stronger axles.. if it is ALL rider, then stock axles should not not break, in theory unless they are defective, correct? bigger tires put major stress on these parts. thats a fact.. if it was'nt then stronger axles would'nt be made for the masses. just an obervation here....

and some of the machines are not breaking them in thick mud, but are breaking in not so deep snow and not really doing that much more than someone with 28 in zilla's. this is why i say this..... i have seen 3 machines that have broken fronts. they broke in places where i can go thru with my 25' inch big horns, for goodness sake.... i would think the xmr could do more deeper than i have seen and not brake all the time...

and then there are the lucky ones, that can go thru whatever and never brake a thing, i guess.... so who knows...lol

and to the second part , yes you are right. buy a brute, do all that to it. and it probably will be better but then you come up on someone that has the money and puts modded brute to shame with his modded xmr... i mean it all depends what your pocket book says....

if the money is there, then the people will spend it.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should all go for one big S&M ride some time and see how these XMR's and 'Gades compare to PoPo's and Brutes. :)

Sent from my white iPhone 4

Shaun, as soon as i get back from GNCC in pittsburg this weekend, i will get a hold of you and lets get a day ride going, maybe just on your land and 650 can join us too and maybe one or two others... i will talk to you next tuesday on this.

till then, get that thing fixed.

rozzy

Reaction score
You know. I have never seen Jimmy Johnson standing in John Forces pit saying. I bet you wouldn't break so many parts if you had smaller tires...... Just saying

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, i agree partially with what you said there, yes rider is a big key here....

BUT first of all why then can you get better/stronger axles.. if it is ALL rider, then stock axles should not not break, in theory unless they are defective, correct? bigger tires put major stress on these parts. thats a fact.. if it was'nt then stronger axles would'nt be made for the masses. just an obervation here....

and some of the machines are not breaking them in thick mud, but are breaking in not so deep snow and not really doing that much more than someone with 28 in zilla's. this is why i say this..... i have seen 3 machines that have broken fronts. they broke in places where i can go thru with my 25' inch big horns, for goodness sake.... i would think the xmr could do more deeper than i have seen and not brake all the time...

and then there are the lucky ones, that can go thru whatever and never brake a thing, i guess.... so who knows...lol

and to the second part , yes you are right. buy a brute, do all that to it. and it probably will be better but then you come up on someone that has the money and puts modded brute to shame with his modded xmr... i mean it all depends what your pocket book says....

if the money is there, then the people will spend it.

It is all up to the rider. If a rider wants to run his machine hard they going to break axels. If you take it easy you aren't going to break axels.

If money is no object it's all about preference. There are a lot of people who prefer the feel of a brute. But for us young guys I don't know about quadboy but I definitely can't afford to drop 20k on a quad right now

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quadboy you can take my outlander with a few mods for a rip sometime. I'm from vermilion and I'm up the city going to school could go get it one day. The only complaint I have about it is getting used to the visco lock. Think I have it figured out now though.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are nice machines if you get a good one. Hate to say it but I've heard a lot of stories about little things going wrong. But hey at least our frames aren't snapping:rolling::smiliestirthepot:

True, though now I'm thinking hard about selling my XP and finding something that works, I'm Kijijiing as we speak.

I've been riding my whole life, I wouldn't call myself a nut or noob. Neither do I go WFO through mud. But with all my XP's problems (constantly being in the shop every weekend since the date of purchase) It actually has me missing my Honda Foreman. Polaris has let me down, and all my friends agree. Not once have I seen a Kawi, Yamaha, or 'Ham in my group go into the shop as many times as this.

It is all up to the rider. If a rider wants to run his machine hard they going to break axels. If you take it easy you aren't going to break axels.

If money is no object it's all about preference. There are a lot of people who prefer the feel of a brute. But for us young guys I don't know about quadboy but I definitely can't afford to drop 20k on a quad right now

20K is far out of my budget, lol. Still being a high school student... Money 'aint easy to come by.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't under stand how you keep breaking that dam thing. I road close to a 100km on Sunday with my thumb to the bar in every hole, mud, skeg, rock, you name it and mine is still in tacked, I think you just have chit luck quadboy.

And i have never seen a broken can am lmfao. ha i bet.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't under stand how you keep breaking that dam thing. I road close to a 100km on Sunday with my thumb to the bar in every hole, mud, skeg, rock, you name it and mine is still in tacked, I think you just have chit luck quadboy.

And i have never seen a broken can am lmfao. ha i bet.

I have no idea either. Maybe my luck, maybe my quad is un lucky. I'd love to keep it, but I was hoping the XP could keep up with me. CanAm650's Brute keeps up with him just fine, my XP does it briefly then something goes wrong and his trusty Brute brings my quad back.... time and time again.

Top Bottom