pick ur sh*t up

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple, call people on it make them feel stupid in front of their friends. Captain I'm to cool to pack my garbage out won't feel so cool anymore. Keep it clean I like to ride there and would like my kids to be able to ride there some day also. SEND OUT THE MESSAGE. This will not be TOLERATED

Polaris_Fanatic

Reaction score
i completly aggre with the pack in pack out thing. i have never been to the mountains but you see peoples cans and garbage everywhere on the trails, around home i dont litter but i dont pick up someone elses becuase of the city right next door adding to the problem, but up in the forest i cannot stand seeing any garbage on the trails.:mad: if i see any garbage i will stop and clean it up because its a beautiful place to ride (with lots of meadows and lakes with amazing snow:d)
thats my 2 cents

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:mad:Totally FROSTS MY A$$ when I walk into a cabin and see fricken empties all over the cabin floor. In our club cabins the members have even installed PVC piping where you can drop your empties, which deposits them into a container under the cabin. Because we all know how hard it is to haul empties out:rolleyes: This stash keeps the unsightly mess contained and it gets cleaned out once or twice a season. But do you think the MORONS will even have the consideration to use it. :mad:
Gotta be those Albertans..........aren't most BC residents transplanted from Alberta? (Kidding) :d:beer:

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it's terrible....I hit Quartz on the 28th for the first time this year. I went into the cabin around 4 PM. It was packed with people....and I could not believe all the empties that were on the tables. When we left I filled my backpack with beer cans that were on the table. Forgot to empty it that night....in the morning it wreaked like beer. Also on the 30th, went to gorman,and found a bunch of garbage where a small group was snowboarding so cleaned that up too. I live in Alberta, was born in Saskatchewan, and sometimes sled in BC. Is that OK???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
.... In our club cabins the members have even installed PVC piping where you can drop your empties, which deposits them into a container under the cabin. Because we all know how hard it is to haul empties out:rolleyes: This stash keeps the unsightly mess contained and it gets cleaned out once or twice a season.....

That's a great idea...now the education part to put the empty in the little hole is gonna be a little harder and longer to get across!!

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone about the trash, age was mentioned by one member and if he is talking about younger one's he is wrong I see more middle aged 30/40 ish leaving behind more garbage then the young. Beer cans, wrappers, and other ch!t. Yes I am in that age class and not young, but I think that they should all know better no matter what age....Thanks

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea...now the education part to put the empty in the little hole is gonna be a little harder and longer to get across!!

Yeah exactly.....even the little sign that says "Drop Empties Here" doesn't seem to be self explanatory enough.:nono:

island rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where i ride on vancouver Island there is a nice alpine lake rite behind the ski hill , I was up there hunting above the lake and when i looked down all i could see was beer cans at the bottom of the lake , we also found skies , skie poles , snow board bindings broken snow shoes water bottles and various types of other garbage , What a way to destroy a beutiful place . I was just a little upset because that stuff will be there for a very long time for futur tourists and hikers to see , and the first thing that comes to there minds is what pigs the snowmobilers are . No wonder they are fighting to keep sleders out of the backcountry .

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where i ride on vancouver Island there is a nice alpine lake rite behind the ski hill , I was up there hunting above the lake and when i looked down all i could see was beer cans at the bottom of the lake , we also found skies , skie poles , snow board bindings broken snow shoes water bottles and various types of other garbage , What a way to destroy a beutiful place . I was just a little upset because that stuff will be there for a very long time for futur tourists and hikers to see , and the first thing that comes to there minds is what pigs the snowmobilers are . No wonder they are fighting to keep sleders out of the backcountry .

not sure about you, but sounds more like skiers than sledders

Top Bottom