Dodge 4th gen pick-ups, cabin air filter modification

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
A CUSTOMER SENT ME THIS, SO I THOUGHT I'D PASS IT ONTO Y'ALL: "I found some info about this mod on another forum. Here is a copy of that write up with pics:
As many of you know, Dodge decided that our 4th Gen RAMS do not need cabin air filtration.
I disagree.
Fortunately enough, it is very easy and rather inexpensive to add this feature to our RAMS."

TOOLS NEEDED:

(1) Sharp boxcutter or X-acto

PARTS NEEDED:

(1) Filter box 'lid'. Dodge part number 68052292AA (About $11)
(1) Cabin Air Filter. Dodge part number 5058693AA, OR, Purolater C25869 ($7), Hastings HAAF1328, or Wix 24578

(These parts are all "OEM" for a 2010 Dodge Avenger, Caliber, Compass, etc. They will not be found by searching in any parts book under 'Dodge Ram'!)

Step 1. Remove lower glove box by gently pulling inward on both sides where the 'ears' are.

Step 2. Locate the filter slot area, which is shaped like a short, fat "T". Using the sharp tool of your choice, cut out the area just inside of the "T". You do not need to cut out the lower 'leg' of the "T", just go straight across. (Refer to pic)

Step 3. Slide in filter with airflow arrow pointing down. The filter, when properly installed, will protrude outside of the slot some. It will not be 'flush'.

Step 4. 'Snap' on the lid. You will need to press on the little 'ears' on each end of the lid (marked with blue tape in pic) until you hear a 'click'. This 'locks' the lid into place.

Step 5. Re-install glove box, and done!

The only "hard' part is trimming out the slot, but the material is pretty thin,,, Just take your time,,,

Future servicing of this filter is super easy!!! Takes about 2 minutes, most of which will be spent emptying the glovebox!

Attached Thumbnails

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also did this mod. It only took about 5 minutes with a sharp knife. Well worth the cost. Too bad these trucks do not come with it but at least one can add the parts. Highly recommend this mod for 4th gen trucks!

25AXLE

Reaction score
Wish I would have known about this when I first bought my truck.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now if someone wants to try putting the new 13 headlights from a 1500 into a 2010 3500 next that would be good.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
How much are the lights going for?

Think dodge wants around $645 each did see a couple on ebay that have some broken tabs that were fixed and a few scratches for $525 or $800 for both.... just waiting on some punk kids to swap them out for some ugly assed ebay ones

thedisposer

Reaction score
Just put my air filter kit in. Very easy. Will be nice to cut the dust down in the cab. Has anyone seen a real difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did mine this past spring, yeah it made a difference. No more dust storms when I put the fan on high.

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did this mod right from new and let me tell you it works awesome I can go 2 weeks out in the oilfield at work with out having a potato crop on my dash!!!

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be sweet if I could figure out a way to make the rear heater ducts blow heat in the back of the cab too. Did the filter mod and it works well.

BShap

Reaction score
Thanks for the post.

will have to find these parts. I work in a sawmill and my truck gets blasted with sawdust and chips all day from the chip pile. My dash is just covered in dust.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Just completed installation on both my Dodge trucks.
Thanks Summitric for the info.
Completed in under half an hour for both trucks.
Used a zipsaw drill bit on a dremel and cut like a charm.
This should cut down on the wifes cleaning time and frequency.
LOL Ha Ha!

Top Bottom