Personal trainer in Edmonton

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im also gonna be there. The old lady is competing in bikini again. She got 4th in last years show at this time so we will see how things end up this year!

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im also gonna be there. The old lady is competing in bikini again. She got 4th in last years show at this time so we will see how things end up this year!

good for her man grats!!! I have a crap load of friends, female and male BBers as well as fitness that are competeing again for some, their 1st and some their 10th+ show....its a ton a fun

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the best thing about having someone right there with you, is that they will push you harder than you would push yourself.
I joined a bootcamp at work and that was one of the hardest things I've done for a workout. You are completely drained by the end and most of the workout was your own body weight and some resistance bands. Most workouts I have read about/tried always had some rest in between exercises. There is no resting in bootcamp. The instructor was a 5 foot petite woman that I soon realized could kick my butt easily.
If you want a challenge to do on your own... there's the 300 workout and if you search, someone created an audio file with music and verbal cues when to move onto the next excercise.
I found P90x requierd too much thinking and works well in a group so everyone can contribute to remember the routines. A few friends at work have completed P90x and they had amazing results.

my thoughts anyway

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the best thing about having someone right there with you, is that they will push you harder than you would push yourself.
I joined a bootcamp at work and that was one of the hardest things I've done for a workout. You are completely drained by the end and most of the workout was your own body weight and some resistance bands. Most workouts I have read about/tried always had some rest in between exercises. There is no resting in bootcamp. The instructor was a 5 foot petite woman that I soon realized could kick my butt easily.
If you want a challenge to do on your own... there's the 300 workout and if you search, someone created an audio file with music and verbal cues when to move onto the next excercise.
I found P90x requierd too much thinking and works well in a group so everyone can contribute to remember the routines. A few friends at work have completed P90x and they had amazing results.

my thoughts anyway

Just gotta be very careful "as bein men" with these type camps as they will RAPIDLY eat away at ones hard earned muscle, unless of course you know your diet and take in the proper cals/protein/fats ;) and of course rest, THE most important part

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lotsa creatine and protein shakes.... I mean LOTS

you cant bullch!t a bullshitter,,i know LOTS of people who compete,,My lovely x wife competed at muscle beach..

Im 240lbs of muscle right now and its not just the creatine dude

Last edited:

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its all about the diet...it can be done with hard work and a strict proper diet. I know guys and gals that juice and guys and gals who dont. IMO the naturals have the better bodies because they have spent years fine tuning each and every muscle. Not to mention i dont know why any chick in a bikini contest would wanna get jacked on roids lol

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant bullch!t a bullshitter,,i know LOTS of people who compete,,My lovely x wife competed at muscle beach..

Yep it's amazing how many guys at the gym who are on it. I can't understand how many take crazy chit.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its all about the diet...it can be done with hard work and a strict proper diet. I know guys and gals that juice and guys and gals who dont. IMO the naturals have the better bodies because they have spent years fine tuning each and every muscle. Not to mention i dont know why any chick in a bikini contest would wanna get jacked on roids lol

For sure there is lots of people who have great bodies that are natural,,You dont get BIG<BIG with out doing some steroids tho.Guys that win big compations are on LOTS of juice...

Anyway all my point was that its ridiculous for an average guy trying to lose some weight to go talk to Jay Cutler about how to get in shape...

Well lets see goona have to eat 10000calories a day,,spend hours in the gym every day(start with 40sets for your back lol) drink 3gallons of water,,oh and take a ch!t load of juice...

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure there is lots of people who have great bodies that are natural,,You dont get BIG<BIG with out doing some steroids tho.Guys that win big compations are on LOTS of juice...

Anyway all my point was that its ridiculous for an average guy trying to lose some weight to go talk to Jay Cutler about how to get in shape...

Well lets see goona have to eat 10000calories a day,,spend hours in the gym every day(start with 40sets for your back lol) drink 3gallons of water,,oh and take a ch!t load of juice...

Nothing hits the spot like some d-ball and a few reps.....lol. A gym is where you play basketball right?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not so insightful it required a double post....

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

EASY "big" fella LOL, 240 is considered small in my gym ;) so no need to "brag"

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bragging just the facts bud..Your from sylvan eh,,im from red deer,,, What do gym you go to with all the giants ive never seen?? lol

There is bigger guys around but 240 is not small at peak,,or bent iron or body basics.....

And all pro body builders and most amatur are on "gear"

Think what u want i dont really care arnold,,see u at the gym

Last edited:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bragging just the facts bud..Your from sylvan eh,,im from red deer,,, What do gym you go to with all the giants ive never seen?? lol

There is bigger guys around but 240 is not small at peak,,or bent iron or body basics.....

perfect, lets make a gym date, im only 240 atm @ 5'9, BUT on my way up. But weight dont mean chit to me, I go by my mirror ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom