Perc reverse kit?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i have a 2000 rmk 800 and i was wondering if a reverse kit from a 2003 rmk would work on it..ive herd it will and i ve heard that it cant.. ..:confused: does anyone know?

Last edited:

Captainkip

Reaction score
You can make it work but why spend the $700 to do it. better to spend it on other mods.

Just use the p85 with a better helix and spring. As the link says the polaris clutch can be tuned to be just as good as the roller secondary.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well i have a roller arctic cat clutch,,,would that work?

and my comp is so slow the link wouldnt load

xcya

Reaction score
Yes it will work, I have a 2000xc/sp 600 and I put a 03 perk kit in it but you may have to relocate the cdi from the oil tank to the top of your air box.
Also, the plug for the cdi will be different and you will have to change that also by removing the pins and reinstaling them in the other plug.
I also had to replace the fly wheel so the timing would be proper. If you dont, you will be to far advanced.I know this is a big hassle but i feel it was worth the effort because the revers is so nice.:)

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone told me that polaris quit making the perc reverse kit, so might want to start looking for one now

Jake

Reaction score
Bringing this one back to life. Put a PERC reverse in the 02 800 RMK, may change out the flywheel for an 03 one. Do you just swap out the fly wheels or does the timing have to be set after?

xcya

Reaction score
Timming is crical:nono:, always check the timming.Use the spec. for the 2003 800.

I thought you got a kit? If you did, you should have a tripple roller secondary included in that kit to work with the revers.

Last edited:

dragin8

Reaction score
why not just put a mechanical reverse in it.. it`s a bit more wieght ..but hell i dont know how i ever lived with out reverse..

RoddyJohn

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the site and new to the newer sleds. I have a 2003 polaris RMX 800 with the factory performace modifications and they say I need to run the higher octane. A couple of questions: 1) do I need to run the synthetic oil ? 2) I have been thinking of adding the reverse kit. is it worth it and what kit do you recomend. I saw a Perc 03 rmk kit on ebay. it said it was for the edge/sks only. Any recomendations I run my sled around Rifle,Colorado at 8 to 10,000 feet. any other performance suggestions are welcomed. thanks Roddyjohn. I also have a stock 2002 RMK 700

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put in a machanical reverse in my sons 99 550 RMK and my dads 2000 700 RMK. they both love it and so do I when it comes to unloading!so it added maybe 3 pounds but well worth it!

papafinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the site and new to the newer sleds. I have a 2003 polaris RMX 800 with the factory performace modifications and they say I need to run the higher octane. A couple of questions: 1) do I need to run the synthetic oil ? 2) I have been thinking of adding the reverse kit. is it worth it and what kit do you recomend. I saw a Perc 03 rmk kit on ebay. it said it was for the edge/sks only. Any recomendations I run my sled around Rifle,Colorado at 8 to 10,000 feet. any other performance suggestions are welcomed. thanks Roddyjohn. I also have a stock 2002 RMK 700

don't stick any money into the 800. Save it sell it whatever and stick a aero 53 turbo in your 700. Best mod you ever make. 200-210 hp at 10lbs boost. Mine flat out rocks

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
why couldnt he put the turbo in his 800 its one year newer and bigger dicplacement, makes more sense then me

ne1game

Reaction score
I ride a 1998 700 rmk that I put an 03 engine in then I put the perc kit in it it came with secondary clutch and helex, cdi box tach, complete wiring from front to back,left hand brake assemble.

When I was done I put the perc kit on my 04 pro xr 800. I wouldnot ride enything with out reverse for very long before I would be looking for it.

chevyman0400

Reaction score
I just finished installing the 03 Perc Reverse kit on my 2002 800 RMK. It all went together well except for a couple things. Maybe one of you can help. I have a couple of extra wires that I don't have a spot for. Then again, I am missing a couple too from the original 02 hanress hookups. I can start my sled and it runs great but I have no way to shut it off.... there is no power or something to the kill switch or key. Also, the reverse and reverse light will not work when the sled is started. Any suggestions? Do I have to modify some of the wiring to make this work for the 02? Thanks!: :)

Top Bottom