People and pets.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me that gets upset to see a dog or two in the back of a pickup truck. I can't imagine ever considering transport my pet that way. Either get a vehicle that fits you family and pets or get a small dog that fits in you vehicle. A guy blew by me on 16 west this morning only to hit stopped traffic by Acheson. Tires smoking to a stop with two dogs in the back. NoT cool

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DVC00727.JPG

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive a base model truck with rubber floors and vinyl seats. The dog can climb into the cab regardless of dirty/wetness.

Didn't plan it that way, just worked out in the end.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always feel sorry for the dogs you see in the back of the truck cruising around at minus thirty degrees or pouring rain.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
What I hate is owners who can't be responsible enough to make sure their pets stay at home. I live in a small sub development and 3 of the 9 houses/acreages let their dogs run. Real pain picking up other people crap put of my yard, wondering if your gonna step in some when you get home at night. Chasing vehicles, kids, bikes quads etc. Tried talking to them, Just get excuses. Ran one over with the quad once by accident while plowing driveway. Didn't change much. Just barks and chases from a distance now. Own up people or don't get pets.

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
while we are on the subject of dogs, maybe someone can help me. I just rescued a 5 month old husky x from the rez. She is super cute, well mannered, very good etc....
EXCEPT she is constantly whining/barking. She has a bark collar on but has figured out how to get around it by whining and only barking twice and then waiting and then repeat. I give her lots to play with, chew on etc... Take her for 2-3 long walks a day.....She is in a dog run that is large enough for her size. HELP...she is driving me and our neighbours nuts. Any suggestions??

sicamoose

Reaction score
I have my dogs in the back of my truck everyday. When it is too hot/cold/wet etc. i leave them at home. I do not have them in the back at high speeds (highways). They are so stoked to be back there!!! There has never been a question of safety IMO, although had have grief from the odd person.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boy LOVES truck rides!!!! Our female not so much lol she won't even get inside the vehicle I have never even tried to get her into the back of the truck. But when I drop that tailgate my boy sits there and stares at me like "do I get to go this time boss?" I give him the head nod and he jumps right in. And this IS NOT weather permitting, rain or snow I'll take him depending on what it is I'm doing. The only time I really don't take him is if it's super hot and we are not doing something fun like quading or camping.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sure looks like they enjoy it back there as long as the weather conditions are not too adverse. ...but don't you guys worry about them getting hurt back there?

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me that gets upset to see a dog or two in the back of a pickup truck. I can't imagine ever considering transport my pet that way. Either get a vehicle that fits you family and pets or get a small dog that fits in you vehicle. A guy blew by me on 16 west this morning only to hit stopped traffic by Acheson. Tires smoking to a stop with two dogs in the back. NoT cool
i completly agree, i would never put my boy in the back of my pick up. and if hes wet ill just wait till hes dry before leaving. couldn t live with myself if something happen to him because of me

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
driving with a dog in the back of your truck is illegal in the City of Red Deer

leadfoot33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey malibumama, one trick is to get one of those little bottles shaped like a lemon full of lemon juice. and when the dog starts to bark or whine when un wanted give it a littler squirt in their mouth, they really hate lemon juice should help that problem. hopefully :) its a trick we use when we get a new puppie that likes to bark. just a quick shot and they usually stop.
hope this helps if it doesnt let me know :)

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Jack Russel Terrier rides in the cab with her head out the window(until i hit about 80 then jumps in the back seat and hides under the seat.) My Husky/Malimute used to ride in the cab but she is too damn big. She whines if I make her ride in the Cab. She loves riding in the box.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live on the farm and my shepherd is heart broken if she can't go for a ride. Usually its a mile here or there between the family yard and in the back. I'd dont leave my dogs for more than the day with out a sitter and if a long high speed trip they are in the cab if possible I think its against the law everywhere to have in the back not tied in. But agree with DRD we must be bored

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Quite a few years ago a friend and I chased a guy down on a back road that had a medium sized dog bouncing off the passenger side box of his truck. It had been tied in the back and jumped over... dog was alright thankfully. We gave the driver a shake down before leaving. Moral of the story.... Leave enough rope for the dog to hit the ground...might save the paint job.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dane sits in the cab with me. head out the window no matter what speed. loves it.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago a friend and I chased a guy down on a back road that had a medium sized dog bouncing off the passenger side box of his truck. It had been tied in the back and jumped over... dog was alright thankfully. We gave the driver a shake down before leaving. Moral of the story.... Leave enough rope for the dog to hit the ground...might save the paint job.

You're sick.:rolleyes:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So, 4' ain't enough? Hahahaha.

Top Bottom