Pemberton??

kell2784

Reaction score
Let me know what you find. I'd be interested in the area north of town up in the icefields.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're not going until the first week in April. A whole crew of us are having our sleds hauled out by Rocky Mountain Tours' semi and we're flying out. Most of us are from Whitecourt and it's an annual trip, first time to Pemberton. Getting excited already but would like to hear how the snow is there.:D

G

Guest1

We're not going until the first week in April. A whole crew of us are having our sleds hauled out by Rocky Mountain Tours' semi and we're flying out. Most of us are from Whitecourt and it's an annual trip, first time to Pemberton. Getting excited already but would like to hear how the snow is there.:D

I highly recommend getting ahold of Ray. Here is a link to his website.

You guys will have a blast...greatest place on the planet to ride...:D

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just returned from our trip and all I can say is WOW. We had two great days of sunshine and untracked snow. Definitely recommend this area. Fuel is the only problem with this place because you just can't carry enough. We were socked in on our third day but still played around the cabin a little. Great trip with lots of great sleddin.:D:D

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend getting ahold of Ray. Here is a link to his website.

You guys will have a blast...greatest place on the planet to ride...:D

Prophetic words fabster, our group ended up renting three sleds from Ray.(2 busted xp's and one Dragon). Pretty cool watching Collin change out an XP drive shaft at the cabin with 2 wrenches, a couple of logs, a hatchet and a Canadian tire mini ratchet torx kit. 6th shaft he's changed this year.
I thought we needed a pic of the area.:D:D:D

Attachments

• P1010113.jpg
    P1010113.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 133

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That cant be all , come on Summiteer tell me stories with pictures. Not about the broken driveshafts I knew that was gonna happen.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That cant be all , come on Summiteer tell me stories with pictures. Not about the broken driveshafts I knew that was gonna happen.

Words can't explain it snotrocket..........you have to put Pemberton on the places to go list. 30 of us burned over 1800 litres of fuel in one day. It was simply AWESOME!!!!!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Words can't explain it snotrocket..........you have to put Pemberton on the places to go list. 30 of us burned over 1800 litres of fuel in one day. It was simply AWESOME!!!!!
PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES. PLEASE.:D

G

Guest1

Just returned from our trip and all I can say is WOW. We had two great days of sunshine and untracked snow. Definitely recommend this area. Fuel is the only problem with this place because you just can't carry enough. Great trip with lots of great sleddin.:D:D

:cool:

Post up some pics.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't take many pics either, here are a few that I did take, you can almost make out the S&M decal on my sled in the first one. it is impossible to capture the immensity of the area. It is literally breathtaking, Ride at full throttle for four or five minutes, climb over a saddle and see another huge play area, ride across that one and repeat until out of fuel....

Attachments

• P1010112.JPG
    P1010112.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010120.JPG
    P1010120.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 119
  • P1010108.JPG
    P1010108.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 117

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody needs to be patient!!!!! The trip organizers are going to set up a photo gallery ASAP so hang tough and I'll let you know how to find it when they're done!

G

Guest1

:D

Glad you guys had a great trip. I am looking forward to heading back next weekend for BDSO...my 2nd trip...I will go every year until I can't ride anymore.

Looking forward to the rest of the pics and especially the shaft change ones...LOL. Did you have Ray tour you around or just rent from him?

OVER!!!

ps...Pemberton = GOT HEAVEN

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres a slideshow of a dozen pics that Dan G sent out of the trip. As nice as they are they don't seem to capture the enormity of the place.

Top Bottom