Peloton Bike

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a lot of money for a bicycle that doesn't go anywhere, plus there are monthly subscription fees. Just my opinion

KG1

Reaction score
Bought one, primarily my Wife's request. It is a bit pricey, but she enjoys it. 2 young kids at home allows her to workout when works for her, and she doesn't have to travel. Been a bonus during COVID, i've gotten on it myself and it's surprisingly enjoyable and a good distraction.

Guys that delivered it, (Back in November of last year) told me they were delivering 12-18 of them every day 6 days a week. So definitely popular.

I'd recommend one.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through the store in WEM a while back, can't remember the monthly cost but there was levels and some free stuff too. Good gym equipment is expensive but well worth it.

We have a full gym in the basement but looking at a bike or rower for the winter. If you buy a decent road bike and stationary trainer, you're almost the price of the Peleton... but no creature comforts

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I opened my big mouth (happens a lot, I know) and said if I cancel our Hawaii trip in Feb, I will buy a hot tub for the house... The vacation got cancelled and the wife figures a Peleton is what we should get instead. Anyone have any things they would or wouldn't get again?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well I opened my big mouth (happens a lot, I know) and said if I cancel our Hawaii trip in Feb, I will buy a hot tub for the house... The vacation got cancelled and the wife figures a Peleton is what we should get instead. Anyone have any things they would or wouldn't get again?

Married.....

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tell her you both can't ride the bike at the same time, but you can cuddle and drink wine in the hot tub.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Repped that...

there’s definitely benefits to the home gym and the bike tho.....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade my hot tub for anything. Get the tub.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The choice is to obviously get both!

Bikes a small price to pay for an ass tightening machine if it gets used. Or it’s a good place to hang your towels after a tub!

Meet her in the tub after muscles are sore from sledding with your kid and her biking.

Tub Post
97c1eadc477f81b64d02bf7a93e28f33.jpg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I told her to pull the trigger on the bike...

Snowcheck is just around the corner.... lol

The tub is on the list for sure...

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends like their Peleton a lot. Costco has their version...Echelon...about half the cost.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but I hear you need a tablet with the Echelon or the expensive one with a screen is almost the same price as a peleton.

People rave about the training and classes, I just want to see the results.....

t300

Reaction score
My wife really wanted one, I didn’t. Couldn’t pay me enough to get on an “exercise bike”. Gave in and got one, after a couple weeks I finally tried it. Love it. Why? Because you don’t have to think or plan, you just show up and coaches tell you what to do, kinda like CrossFit in that way. I don’t have the mental capacity leftover with my job to want to plan a workout or push myself. Peloton (or CrossFit, which I did until the damnpenic started) address that. Background is years ago when job stress and kids weren’t a thing I was at the gym 5+ days a week at 5am pumping iron, so it’s not like I’m adverse to exercise. Just at a point in my life where id rather have complete direction on it. Let’s hope I get some lungs for end of feb Revy!!

t300

Reaction score
About the subscription it’s “household”. Meaning I’m just under my wife’s subscription at no extra cost, just create my own profile and away I go.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife really wanted one, I didn’t. Couldn’t pay me enough to get on an “exercise bike”. Gave in and got one, after a couple weeks I finally tried it. Love it. Why? Because you don’t have to think or plan, you just show up and coaches tell you what to do, kinda like CrossFit in that way. I don’t have the mental capacity leftover with my job to want to plan a workout or push myself. Peloton (or CrossFit, which I did until the damnpenic started) address that. Background is years ago when job stress and kids weren’t a thing I was at the gym 5+ days a week at 5am pumping iron, so it’s not like I’m adverse to exercise. Just at a point in my life where id rather have complete direction on it. Let’s hope I get some lungs for end of feb Revy!!
I agree with it......the female instructors make it easier as well lol

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nailed it, this is what I'm hoping for. I cycle in the summer commute so my workout is out of the way when I get home from work and its go time with the Kid!

Top Bottom