Peak Track

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the new Camo Peak track? It is in the Royal Distributing catalog and looks like the Extreme except the paddles are angled a bit to push the snot to the center of the track. 2.5" lug.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the new Camo Peak track? It is in the Royal Distributing catalog and looks like the Extreme except the paddles are angled a bit to push the snot to the center of the track. 2.5" lug.

You nailed the main differnce on the head there. They actually came out last season around jan/feb i think. there were a few guys come thru mcbride with them and they said they really liked them. Thats the track that'll be going onto my 2012.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw one in person. Durometer was way to soft. But who knows what the production modellooks like. Also has no teeth. They are nice on the crispy. Stuff. Not really required in the deep but they do dig into the hard layers better imo.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to try out my hollow lugged PowderMax....:rolleyes:

Chris you should order up a Peak's track, be the one of the first to try it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I am thinking about the 3" 156 but Daryl Baker said I will lose too much track speed if I don't go to the long chain case? clearance issue

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So he is against running 7 tooth drivers and running the 3"? I know the attack angle changes with the 7 tooths. Daryl has his own chain cases made doesn't he?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the avid case is the way to go $$$ wise. the 3 Inch tracks I rode, I felt all gains and no disavantages when using 7t drivers IMO, I'm doing this mod this winter.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I am thinking about the 3" 156 but Daryl Baker said I will lose too much track speed if I don't go to the long chain case? clearance issue

Is there anything supporting this claim? We ran a 3" with 7T drivers and no loss.

The thought is that the 3" paddle will support alot of snow and air as it is much larger. The old tracks back in the mid 90s where only 1.5 to 2" in height and tunnel clearances where just as bad if not worse. worse meaning tunnel clearance was extremely tight from your front swing arm mount all the way around to the exit. The xp is really only tight at the top, cooler has plenty of room. This paddle height didn’t really support alot of air/snow movement and that’s what started the hole porting thing to release this pressure build up.

Baker is very knowledgeable on alot of stuff, ch!t the guy has worked at skidoo R&D department. But like the new stuff out there, there are tons of theories and ideas that arnt tested. Do what you believe in, not neccessary what others think.

Personally if your worried about the loss, i think a more cost effective solution would be a belt drive system for half the price of the case. People are still breaking chains even with 162's.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the gains of a 3 inch with 7 tooth drivers far outway any losses. I will plan for this mod later in the season if my cash doesn't get sucked up by something unexpected like my kid wrecking his sled as much as he did last season.

mountainhunter

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the gains of a 3 inch with 7 tooth drivers far outway any losses. I will plan for this mod later in the season if my cash doesn't get sucked up by something unexpected like my kid wrecking his sled as much as he did last season.
you have one of those wallet drainers too. lmao when i read that post ,motor twice, e module ,one set of a arms, one front shock ,one center shock ,nose cone and bumper, on my son"s sled . didnt leave much left for the old man to add some goodies to his own sled

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have one of those wallet drainers too. lmao when i read that post ,motor twice, e module ,one set of a arms, one front shock ,one center shock ,nose cone and bumper, on my son"s sled . didnt leave much left for the old man to add some goodies to his own sled

You guys need to incorporate the words "short leash" into your vocabulary boys. Lol.

Player

Reaction score
I am giving the Peak a try putting 9178m on my 08 XP 154, it will be a tight clearance in the tunnel, catching a bit on rivets. Are the 2.5" camo extemes a little shorter than 2.5" to fit track on these sleds or will this track be ok once I grind the rivets on the top of tunnel.
IMG00103-20111120-1851x.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00103-20111120-1851.jpg
    IMG00103-20111120-1851.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 178

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh that peaks track looks pretty Friggin awsome to me. Hope it works good.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh that peaks track looks pretty Friggin awsome to me. Hope it works good.

hmm does that mean you may take yer plastic paddles off yer old track tex.

not sure what player is trying to say as the new track is 2/10's of an inch taller than his old track, should have no problem fitting it on.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have stock drivers and no changes to the chaincase you are going to likely notice a loss in performance with this track.

The CE 2.5 measures from the inside of the track 2.5", some people have measured slightly less at 2 -7/16" even as low as 2-3/8" Some could just be tape measure error. I believe your tape measure is sitting on the inside of the track, and your tape shows more than 2.5".

If you are running stock or near stock gearing, dropping to 7 tooths would not only give you the clearance but lower the final drive ratio which would help turn this track well.

When turning the track over by hand, try not to push the track around. The drivers will actually pull the track downwards so that when running under power it might not touch the rivets, but those lugs are higher.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i agree they should be higher around 2/10ths of an inch, which is not much. the guy in the pic was measuring from the bottom of the track, unless the track is way thicker? so unless he can take a pic of the same measurement on the old track we have nothing.

Top Bottom