Pdi, freight, doc fees.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP needs to hire the trucking companies that Polaris does. Save a couple hun per crate. But then again they may be paying that already and pocketing the extra from the dealers?

I dunno why BRP doesn’t adopt a method of crating that polaris does. The amount of waste on hardware and lumber on a doo crate blows my mind.
Best guess those crates are worth $250, especially with lumber prices the way they are.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno why BRP doesn’t adopt a method of crating that polaris does. The amount of waste on hardware and lumber on a doo crate blows my mind.
Yes and expensive to dispose of. That lumber and plastic wrap needs to be seperated at the landfill and is expensive at landfills

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So snopro is at $700.

Rhodesia may or may not have given his boss a handy!

What’s everyone else’s fine print?

I don’t know why this matters??? Its all a numbers game. You can still pay the same freight and be 20min from the factory.

Wether its incorporated into the price of the sled or its a line item, everyone pay it.

I PDI’d my own sled at the dealer, and still payed the PDI charge, not a big deal to me.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why this matters??? Its all a numbers game. You can still pay the same freight and be 20min from the factory.

Wether its incorporated into the price of the sled or its a line item, everyone pay it.

I PDI’d my own sled at the dealer, and still payed the PDI charge, not a big deal to me.

A dealer right next to the factory pays the same Freight as a Dealer in Nunavut. This is the way i understand it. SnoPro please corect if i am wrong

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get freight but the doc fee is an utter crock of chit. I have also seen the PDI vary widely by dealer which is a real kick in the nuts when you know it's just a teenager in the back putting the shocks on upside down anyway.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I get freight but the doc fee is an utter crock of chit. I have also seen the PDI vary widely by dealer which is a real kick in the nuts when you know it's just a teenager in the back putting the shocks on upside down anyway.

Yep. Well it matters when the BS fees are $1250 above the MSRP before GST. My problem is with the doc fee $(400) on a cash deal.

The PDI does vary between dealers also which is also high on this deal.

Every other dealer close is sold out of this sled.

I told them I will buy it, but if they want to charge me the $400 doc fee on a cash deal, it will be the last of my dollars will see.

But that’s just the start of my overall shatty purchasing experience.

Called in to let the General manager know my thoughts of my purchasing experience and why I don’t plan to return. Will see if he returns my call.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A dealer right next to the factory pays the same Freight as a Dealer in Nunavut. This is the way i understand it. SnoPro please corect if i am wrong
That is correct. I posted that earlier in the thread.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. Well it matters when the BS fees are $1250 above the MSRP before GST. My problem is with the doc fee $(400) on a cash deal.

The PDI does vary between dealers also which is also high on this deal.

Every other dealer close is sold out of this sled.

I told them I will buy it, but if they want to charge me the $400 doc fee on a cash deal, it will be the last of my dollars will see.

But that’s just the start of my overall shatty purchasing experience.

Called in to let the General manager know my thoughts of my purchasing experience and why I don’t plan to return. Will see if he returns my call.
$400 for doc fees on a cash deal? Ask for an explanation on why 2 pieces of paper (a bill of sale and a NIVA's form) cost that much? And don't accept.....This is our policy as an answer.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$400 for doc fees on a cash deal? Ask for an explanation on why 2 pieces of paper (a bill of sale and a NIVA's form) cost that much? And don't accept.....This is our policy as an answer.
I sure wouldn't pay that! When you say they have a cost at the dealer to build a sled, what does that mean? Is it just making sure it has all the parts on it or does it come unassembled?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure wouldn't pay that! When you say they have a cost at the dealer to build a sled, what does that mean? Is it just making sure it has all the parts on it or does it come unassembled?
PDI is actually a lot less labor intensive than it used to be Bert. There are no oil cable/bleeding/carb adjustments anymore. The tracks are now pretty much aligned as well. Basically install shocks, ski's, windshield (if has one), adjust bars, install rear bumper and set up suspension for the customer. Put some oil/gas in them and program a key or keys and get running. Probably takes almost as long to grab serial numbered sled out of the pile, dismantle the crate and get unit on a hoist than it does to assemble it. Back in the day we would adjust clickers, set up the limiter strap and shocks for deep snow and give it the tune up on the stand. I doubt most tech's even double check the chaincase oil level or check chain tension. Bam bam bam out the door! NEXT!!

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no clue how the others are shipped. polaris, is unbag it, unbolt it from the crate(spindles), lift it out with forklift, install skis, install snow flap, install rear bumper, install windshield, add 1 gallon fuel, wash and dry belt, wash and dry clutch sheaves, check hardware just to see if anything was not tightened, stand up handlebars, hook up to digital wrench and prime oil and fuel pump, start and run up to temp, spin track and check tension and alignment. should be able to accomplish this in an hour or slightly over.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no clue how the others are shipped. polaris, is unbag it, unbolt it from the crate(spindles), lift it out with forklift, install skis, install snow flap, install rear bumper, install windshield, add 1 gallon fuel, wash and dry belt, wash and dry clutch sheaves, check hardware just to see if anything was no tightened, stand up handlebars, hook up to digital wrench and prime oil and fuel pump, start and run up to temp, spin track and check tension and alignment. should be able to accomplish this in an hour or slightly over.
If the tech is motivated. You forgot go on Facebook and post some selfies. Lol

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the tech is motivated. You forgot go on Facebook and post some selfies. Lol
true. nobody wants to see an old fart though.
i liked setting up quads. unbag, hook up battery, check oil, add 1 gallon fuel, drive out of crate, check wheel torque, put in line up.
15 mins, tops, lol.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no clue how the others are shipped. polaris, is unbag it, unbolt it from the crate(spindles), lift it out with forklift, install skis, install snow flap, install rear bumper, install windshield, add 1 gallon fuel, wash and dry belt, wash and dry clutch sheaves, check hardware just to see if anything was not tightened, stand up handlebars, hook up to digital wrench and prime oil and fuel pump, start and run up to temp, spin track and check tension and alignment. should be able to accomplish this in an hour or slightly over.

Bare sled, after its uncrated?? Maybe, but to pdi a sled takes way longer than a hour. Especially if there is accessories involved.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did it for 8 years. don't know why it would take longer. Acc are not part of pdi.
If you know the game than I dont know why your questioning it.

I guess it Depends on a few things, the model of the sled, the sled builder, and it also depends on the accs the customer wants added.
Would you put a hood back on to finish the PDI, than take it back off to install a customers accs that they wanted? Some accs are done during the PDI to be more efficient.

Top Bottom