Pdi, freight, doc fees.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What have you been charged for pdi, freight, doc fees ect On your new whips this year?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a scam !
It is. I remember when it was $300 to get a crate to Alberta from Qweeebec. You can't tell me that fuel has gone up that much. The guys that are really getting scammed are the ones in Qweebec. They pay the same. There is a dealer that has his shop across from the factory and the storage yard. He used to just drive across the street with his trailer and haul them himself. But then he started getting to many sales over his competition because he wasn't paying freight so BRP decided to charge a standard freight charge whether you have a shop in Nunavit or Montreal. That stopped the pricing advantage in the tracks. Every dealer in Canada pays the same freight fee.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should get a deal with all you have done for the sport and business in southern Alberta.
I got a bit of a break on the PDI. The freight is a fixed cost. They pay it so I pay it. I did however get a sweet deal on the sled which I totally appreciated. Everything went smoothly until I had to wait around for you know who to gather up my accessories from the list I gave him 2 weeks ago :rolleyes:

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never had to pay any fees for my polaris machines. when i worked at the dealership there was never any fees charged to customer's either.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s that breakdown, $500 freight, $200 pdi. No doc fees or other bullshat.

Just getting my facts strait here before I hit up the “post your rant thread”. Lol.
That was the breakdown. Bow Ridge doesn't charge doc fees unless you finance. Bank charges them so they charge the customer. Anyone that walks into a store with a mitt full of cash or a bank draft and gets charged a doc fee needs to look for a new dealer. If I spend $15-20,000 on a toy and they ask for another $199 for doing a bill of sale I'm walking.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is. I remember when it was $300 to get a crate to Alberta from Qweeebec. You can't tell me that fuel has gone up that much. The guys that are really getting scammed are the ones in Qweebec. They pay the same. There is a dealer that has his shop across from the factory and the storage yard. He used to just drive across the street with his trailer and haul them himself. But then he started getting to many sales over his competition because he wasn't paying freight so BRP decided to charge a standard freight charge whether you have a shop in Nunavit or Montreal. That stopped the pricing advantage in the tracks. Every dealer in Canada pays the same freight fee.

Sounds like communism....

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keeping in mind the cost of trucks has gone up tires, etc... we all have to eat and it gets more expensive everyday. I haven't had a raise in years!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was the breakdown. Bow Ridge doesn't charge doc fees unless you finance. Bank charges them so they charge the customer. Anyone that walks into a store with a mitt full of cash or a bank draft and gets charged a doc fee needs to look for a new dealer. If I spend $15-20,000 on a toy and they ask for another $199 for doing a bill of sale I'm walking.

Yep
I refuse to pay the bull chit doc .
I tell dealer I am charging the same on my end for my doc fee .
Just another cash grab they have gotten away with.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only speak to salespeople in total price before GST and PST. They can make up whatever slush funds and imaginary charges they want within that total price on their books. But the price they tell me is the price I'm going to pay, plus PST and GST.

Top Bottom