Pdi, freight, doc fees.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how it works. There is dealer cost and then there is freight after that. It may not show up on your invoice but if they haven't broke it down seperately then they built it into the price. If they choose to build it for you for free then thats on them and comes out of their pocket when the monthly paychecks goes out to the staff. Its a fixed cost, just like the GST. You are paying it whether you think you are or not.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you don't know squat about what i pay. i also know what we made on machines when i worked at the dealer.
Troy you worked at a dealer. I was a dealer. You didn't write the check to the manufacturer. I did. Are you saying when your boss sold you a sled he ate the freight? I can guarantee you where ever you are buying your sleds now you are paying the freight. Does he show you his dealer price list? You're old dealer where you worked probably did.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how it works. There is dealer cost and then there is freight after that. It may not show up on your invoice but if they haven't broke it down seperately then they built it into the price. If they choose to build it for you for free then thats on them and comes out of their pocket when the monthly paychecks goes out to the staff. Its a fixed cost, just like the GST. You are paying it whether you think you are or not.
there is a freight charge. 375.00 per unit. there is also something called hold back. 5% of dealer cost. that was collected at the end of the month. thats where the freight was buried. never charged pdi and have never paid it.
it was taken from the profit made on the machine. which isn't much.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a freight charge. 375.00 per unit. there is also something called hold back. 5% of dealer cost. that was collected at the end of the month. thats where the freight was buried. never charged pdi and have never paid it.
it was taken from the profit made on the machine. which isn't much.
Ok so he basically ate $375 of his holdback so you didn't have to pay the real cost of freight. Hope that business model works for him. It didn't for the guy in Medicine Hat obviously. Lol. When you start going into the holdback then its time to get into some other line of business IMHO.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so he basically ate $375 of his holdback so you didn't have to pay the real cost of freight. Hope that business model works for him. It didn't for the guy in Medicine Hat obviously. Lol. When you start going into the holdback then its time to get into some other line of business IMHO.
you mean the fact that he sold the property and retired, lol.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He could have retired years earlier if he wasn't giving away the freight. HaHa! Right on and good for him.!:cool:
he was in business long enough. turned into a crusty fugger. i think mainly because of the blood sucking leaches he called his kids. pulling down big salaries to sit in a fancy office and play computer games, lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he was in business long enough. turned into a crusty fugger. i think mainly because of the blood sucking leaches he called his kids. pulling down big salaries to sit in a fancy office and play computer games, lol.
Hey this business can make anyone crusty over time.

linzoid

Reaction score
me and my buddy sitting at the sales desk in Fort Sask PoPo dealer and the finance guy is all big gold chains and fancy watch talking about what you want your payment to be and we can add in a cashback of $5K but when it comes to the actual costs, total price all in he is evasive so I outright ask him what the freight setup and doc fee is on the unit we are discussing and I sh*t you not he says $1700 over the listed price. There is a rebate of $1500 on the unit though so it looked like he was trying to claw that back somewhat. Long story short we end up at a popo dealer west of edm where there is no bs. and a $375 fee on top and because they werent greasy like the other guy they made the sale.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and my buddy sitting at the sales desk in Fort Sask PoPo dealer and the finance guy is all big gold chains and fancy watch talking about what you want your payment to be and we can add in a cashback of $5K but when it comes to the actual costs, total price all in he is evasive so I outright ask him what the freight setup and doc fee is on the unit we are discussing and I sh*t you not he says $1700 over the listed price. There is a rebate of $1500 on the unit though so it looked like he was trying to claw that back somewhat. Long story short we end up at a popo dealer west of edm where there is no bs. and a $375 fee on top and because they werent greasy like the other guy they made the sale.

Does the first place rhyme with Pee in Ass motorcycles?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And that right there is why I deal at that awesome dealership just west of Edmonton. No BS and treated fairly. Those guys in Fort Sask may have bought Elk Island but they did not buy the family part of that operation. No clue.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't really know or care what my dealer charges as all I want to know is OTD pricing. It doesn't mean they don't charge freight though as I did see a line item on the invoice for my last sled but it was about $300 from memory.
BRP needs to hire the trucking companies that Polaris does. Save a couple hun per crate. But then again they may be paying that already and pocketing the extra from the dealers?

Top Bottom