Pcv question

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Just want to make sure i got this right. I installed a toggle switch on my PCV so that i can run 2 maps. When hooking computer up to PCV the screen shows map 1 and map 2 in the bottom of the screen. The computer screen does not change when i move the toggle switch from position 1 to position 2. Shouldn't the computer tell you which map is in use? Does the sled have to be running to show which map is in use? Do i just rely on the fact that i know which map i placed on each switch position? All help is appreciated! Thanks.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Good day. Just want to make sure i got this right. I installed a toggle switch on my PCV so that i can run 2 maps. When hooking computer up to PCV the screen shows map 1 and map 2 in the bottom of the screen. The computer screen does not change when i move the toggle switch from position 1 to position 2. Shouldn't the computer tell you which map is in use? Does the sled have to be running to show which map is in use? Do i just rely on the fact that i know which map i placed on each switch position? All help is appreciated! Thanks.

why dont you just get the autotune then you dont need to switch maps around? it automatically learns and you will never have to touch that controller again, regardless of elevation

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got things figured out after i posted my question. I also purchased the Autotune and Lcd 200 recently.

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why dont you just get the autotune then you dont need to switch maps around? it automatically learns and you will never have to touch that controller again, regardless of elevation
Have you used the autotune? I have done a lot of research on the autotune and found it's really not as simple as a lot of people think.

sleliuk1

Reaction score
Have you used the autotune? I have done a lot of research on the autotune and found it's really not as simple as a lot of people think.

no i havent used it yet but i will be this coming week. i didnt install any of it yet, but my dyno guy said basically just plug and play, and as it learns it gets better. After riding it for awhile he told me to bring it back and he will put it on the dyno just to do the final tweaks. I'm assuming it will be easy but you know what happens when you assume....haha i'll let you know how it works when it all gets done..

jrcactus

Reaction score
Hey rigrat can you send me the wiring on the switch?
I am in need of installing one and cannot find it anywhere.
Thanks in advance.

Jr

Newgen

Reaction score
I installed a Pcv on my D800 '10. You have to actually "enable" the auto tune. It seems to be working ok, but I still have the infamous top end bog. I have a brp can, slp intake and vforce3 reeds....... Any suggestions where I can find a map to

I have emailed my info to dynotech research so they can help, but I'm leaving for Mcbride Wednesday and would like to Have it in by then.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Autotune not all its cracked up to be. Definitely not plug and play on a 2 stroke open loop fuel injection system. AFR tables have to be configured for it follow, plus a few other setup tweeks. Thought it was going to be a simple solution to modding sled. Still simple just not easy-japanesee.

Newgen

Reaction score
You are right. The salesman did a really good job getting a grand from me for the three pieces. I honestly have no clue whatsoever as to what I'm doing with it. I'll be taking the Pcv completely out before Wednesday, so i don't ruin my ride out west next weekend.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find a reputable source and purchase a map. New tech for system will allow for in field adjustment with LCD screen. Still good system just being misrepresented.

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for help on this subject. A friend of mine got sold on one of these as well but we have no clue if it is working or what? They loaded it with the "correct mapping" for his mods but and the dealer said just plug it in and let her buck. Is this correct or what? When it is hooked up to the lap top it shows mapping but no clue if it is working. Any input would be great.

Last edited:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once loaded into the pcv it is good to go but dont forget to calibrate your tps sensor with the laptop hooked up and sled running on a stand

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
once loaded into the pcv it is good to go but dont forget to calibrate your tps sensor with the laptop hooked up and sled running on a stand

Thanks for letting me know. So now with the lap top hooked up how do we calibrate the tps i don't recall seeing that?

itchyfinger

Reaction score
You are 100% rite its exact opposite of autotune infact it doesnt do anything at all if you dont put your own AFR's in so unless you know a thing or to about air/fuel ratio's its useless. biggest waste of money i ever spent.

Top Bottom