Paypal

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do a lot of people have a paypal account?

It is a safer way to pay for online stuff? Whats the benefits?

I assume I have to give paypal my credit card info to set an account up correct?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you set up the account using a credit card, and can even link it to a bank account if you choose. paypal is on the side of the buyer, never had a problem getting money back for items either not as described or that don't show up.

if you are a seller they can really jam you up, if someone disputes a transaction your whole paypal account can be frozen. not just for the amount of the transaction, but any money that is in the account. and they can boot you at any time, and keep the money. they make it a long process to transfer money from your paypal account into your bank account.

and they never recognize the canadian dollar as par to the american dollar....that bugs me.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do a lot of people have a paypal account?

It is a safer way to pay for online stuff? Whats the benefits?

I assume I have to give paypal my credit card info to set an account up correct?

I use it whenever I can, more and more online companies are accepting PayPal. Like Teeroy said, if you have a problem with not getting an item that you used paypal for, then you can set up a dispute and if they find in your favour, you get a refund. I have had to use this feature once for an item I bought off of ebay, and never received, and I got a full refund credited to my account.
One thing I would suggest though, is to have a seperate credit card set up for paypay/online transactions with a low credit limit set on it, say $ 500.00, or something like that. It'll give you peace of mind. If you are going to purchase something that is more expensive than what your credit limit is, just put extra money on your card, so you have a credit on it, and it's all good :)

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been using Papal for years and never had a problem. Just beware...every now and then I get a bogus e-mail saying I need to update my account info. I contacted Paypal and they said it's a "Fishing" e-amil looking for people stupid enough to share their personal info.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto....

I've been using paypal for years.... always worked out well for me. I think it is safer then paying with your credit card on line.

Cranes10

Reaction score
Using it for years, no issues to date, and they help if anything goes wrong.

I use PayPal weekly..

summitkid600

Reaction score
i have used it for years, even had an ebay item show up that was a frod and paypal refunded me the money for it.

FTBeaver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used it for years and haven't had any problems. The one thing I didn't like was one time a friend owed me $30 so they payed me through Paypal and it took 3 months to clear.

Taylzee

Reaction score
I got my paypal account highjacked and the guy drained my bank account. All of a sudden my account was dry. Look at the statement online and it says paypal. So I call paypal and they tell me my account was under suspision for quite a while. A heads up (email or phone call) would have been nice. But in the end it was very easy to get my account refunded and carry on.

Just like when my mastercard got cloned...whole nother story!!!

Parad0x01

Reaction score
Paypal is great, I use it regularely and have never had a problem. Like teeroy said tho they never recognize the canadian dollar on par so expect to pay an extra 2-3% if buying from the states.

Top Bottom