paving an acreage driveway

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone know of a good paving company to get an estimate from for paving a long acreage driveway just outside sherwood park.

thanks

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Good luck at this time of year unless you booked it last year or they are doing work in your area already.
I have a buddy that owns a paving company out of Ft Sask. I will give him a call and find out what his schedule is like for the season and/or if he has any suggestions. rRght now they are in Southern Alberta because the season starts early there.

Haggis, how long is the driveway?

Hello,

Anyone know of a good paving company to get an estimate from for paving a long acreage driveway just outside sherwood park.

thanks

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

thanks

Haggis... I'm considering the same... the cost of ashpalt is not really appealing right now but I'm tired of gravel / mud and all the mess with the traffic that I get at the acrerage right now. I'm also located just outside of Sherwood Park and would love to have my Driveway paved but really can't afford it. A Guesstimate is around $25,000.00 - $30,000.00 :mad:

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a cheaper alteranative is always using a Cold Mix Asphalt. Not sure the exact price difference but you also give up some cosmetic and longevity as well.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a cheaper alteranative is always using a Cold Mix Asphalt. Not sure the exact price difference but you also give up some cosmetic and longevity as well.

Couleeman... I think they call that "Chinees Asphalt". It's a quick fix for filling pot holes and rutted out roads in the rural areas... it would make for a great driveway on most acreages however. A nice alternative to paving... thanks for the Idea!!! :) I would use the cold mix as long as it is fine enough. I have seen it in a course grade, my friends driveway, and it was too course. The idea behind the Cold Mix is that "Hot summer days" will heat up the cold asphalt and the traffic will compact it to a nice "paved" finished product. I've seen this work nicely in my subdivision, neighbours... as long as the mix is fine enough. The course mix has not worked so good. :confused:

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couleeman... I think they call that "Chinees Asphalt". It's a quick fix for filling pot holes and rutted out roads in the rural areas... it would make for a great driveway on most acreages however. A nice alternative to paving... thanks for the Idea!!! :) I would use the cold mix as long as it is fine enough. I have seen it in a course grade, my friends driveway, and it was too course. The idea behind the Cold Mix is that "Hot summer days" will heat up the cold asphalt and the traffic will compact it to a nice "paved" finished product. I've seen this work nicely in my subdivision, neighbours... as long as the mix is fine enough. The course mix has not worked so good. :confused:

Yea, a lot of countys use it for less traveled roads. We typically don't recomend it, but most my work is done for Towns and Cities (Civil Engineering)

I would think for a driveway it may be the perfect comprimise. Cheaper, you shouldn't have the heavy traffic so it should last decent, just not like a good hot mix.

:beerchug:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Most of the rural roads in Strathcona county are done this way. :beer:

Top Bottom