Patching a Spalling Driveway

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 10 year old driveway that looks like the moon. It's been spalling for a number of years and I believe it was probably floated too much. Additionally, driveway has sunk about an inch over time and the lip to get into the garage is annoying. Once you get past the spalling, rest is holding up pretty well.

I've been looking at ways to fix it this year. We've been looking at the rubberized coating, but being rural and living on grid roads and moving snow with a tractor, I have my doubts this will hold up.

I've also been looking into a Bonded Topping mix similar to this:https://www.targetproducts.com/PDFs/DS-Bonded-Topping-Mix-Canadian-2011.pdf. If I went this route, I would build up against the garage lightly and using the topping mix over it.

What else has been used out there?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They poured the slab without air entrainment. We put a 1 inch topping on our pump bases they stood up great, not sure how it works for a slab. Why don't you try a 4 inch portion in front of your garage and see how that stands up. i think it was quikrete.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you sand blast and expose the aggregate? Makes a hell of mess but can get rid of the nasty pitting

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They poured the slab without air entrainment. We put a 1 inch topping on our pump bases they stood up great, not sure how it works for a slab. Why don't you try a 4 inch portion in front of your garage and see how that stands up. i think it was quikrete.
Thanks for the info

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you sand blast and expose the aggregate? Makes a hell of mess but can get rid of the nasty pitting

I could but with the depth of some of the pits I don't think it would come out too nice

Top Bottom