Parkland Sled and ATV...Red Deer

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me neither. Horrible place to try to do business.....parts/"service" is the WORST since Doug's semi-retarded son started running it....

waka

Reaction score
Rainy creek in eckville seems a better choice

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
waste of space, you would have better luck at mary lou's nail emporium.

booster

Reaction score
got my rzr from there theyve done the motor twice now just blew again after about 50 miles never goin back think i'll try buck lake bob heard better about him:eek:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
got my rzr from there theyve done the motor twice now just blew again after about 50 miles never goin back think i'll try buck lake bob heard better about him:eek:

I've done business with Bob and his family for over 15 years with no complaints what so ever other than Pilsner Beer :) I'm too far away from them now to do my regular business with them :( but still stop in when I can.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Last summer around the end of July I had one of my Polaris quads pile up a chain inside the transmission. The quad was almost new so it was still on warranty. I took it in to Parkland for service as this is where the machine was purchased. They told me that it would be fixed in less than a week. This made me happy cause I was losing revenue from having this rental unit down. WELL 3 weeks past and they had finally received the new chain for the tranny but after they installed the new chain they discovered that the transmission case was cracked due to the chain piling up inside (why they didn't discover this when they took it apart is beyond me). They called me back and explained that they now need to order this casing half before they could put it back together. Meanwhile I'm so fricken busy at the time that I had to buy another unit in order to keep my bookings that were promised to customers. Another 3 weeks past (6 weeks now) they call me to pick up the quad that it is ready for pickup. I race into Red Deer and pick up the quad. I get back to my shop and unload the quad and immediately notice a weird sound coming from the back wheels while unloading off my truck and notice that the back wheels are only bolted on with 2 nuts on each side and they are hand tight. Also missing the foot well screws and a few other bolts and nuts. So whatever... I fixed it up myself without even calling them on it... not a big deal.
So a couple days ago (6 months later) I get a "NASTY" message on my cell phone from Parkland saying that they are tired of carrying my bills and that I have had an outstanding bill their for $30 since last September and that I NEED to pay this immediately before any further action is taken... WTF!! :rant: :nono: This is the first I've heard of this so of course I'm pizzed, I call them back and all I got to talk to was some chick at the parts counter that told me this bill was from the $30 worth of oil they used in my broken tranny which was covered on warranty. I asked to talk to Gerome the manager but after being on hold for 5 minutes she came back on the line to tell me that Gerome was too busy to take my call. I gave her the message for him to call me (he knows exactly who I am). Two days pass with no return call. I call back and ask to talk to Doug the owner and am put on hold for so long that ended up hanging up.
I bought a whole Gawd Damn fleet of quads and RZR off them along with thousands of dollars worth of parts and this is what I get. My business will not set foot in their door again. $30 ???? Pftttt
My first mistake was going their to save a couple thousand dollars on a large purchase last spring. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to question your sanity picking Polaris for use in a rental fleet but that's another thread on it's own.....

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in Calgary but generally stop in when I go through Red Deer to buy whatever I may need for my Victory Jackpot. It's really hit or miss in the parts department with the staff, but it's a better ratio than Cycle works which is generally a miss.

tbosch

Reaction score
I had good dealings with them myself. I bought my jackpot from jerome and had it serviced there as well. Never an issue, and when I sold it they sent a customer to me who was looking for a used bike. All in all nothing negative to say.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have to question your sanity picking Polaris for use in a rental fleet but that's another thread on it's own.....

I figured that polaris sportsmans would be a great user friendly quad for my customers. Most with no quadding experience. My location is mainly in the hills and the polaris comes with the ADC option (automatic decent control). I wasn't too worried about reliability as I keep them new every year. Another reason I went with Polaris is that they were one of the only manufacturers that would let me have warranty on a commercial use quad. Polaris is not the only type of quads I have. I also have Honda and Can-Am in the fleet. But you doo have a very valid point :d

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my RZR there, the winch drum broke in half about 4 months later, it took me three months of fighting to get warranty. oh ya, the service sucks too, I now take the extra drive to Eckville.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well all the dealers in red deer suck... but hole in my mind.... and if u guys didn't buy a poo u wouldn't need warranty. or have to worry about it....

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All but Red Deer power sports they seem to be really decent.

Parkland sled and ATV is another story I couldn't even get a salesman to talk to me in that place when I was looking for SxS.

Top Bottom