Parkland Sled and ATV...Red Deer

polguy

Reaction score
If you guy's want service and are not scared of driving I highly recommend Hi-Line in Wetaskawin. I have tried both Duds (Dougs) over the last 13 years need to talk myself into buying oil and plugs from them now. The biggest difference is Graham (from Hi-Line), actually rides what he sells and is willing and capable of an intelligent conversation... Not to mention his costs of doing business is less. The only way Gasoline ally dealers stay in business is location, location, location.:eek:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Last summer around the end of July I had one of my Polaris quads pile up a chain inside the transmission. The quad was almost new so it was still on warranty. I took it in to Parkland for service as this is where the machine was purchased. They told me that it would be fixed in less than a week. This made me happy cause I was losing revenue from having this rental unit down. WELL 3 weeks past and they had finally received the new chain for the tranny but after they installed the new chain they discovered that the transmission case was cracked due to the chain piling up inside (why they didn't discover this when they took it apart is beyond me). They called me back and explained that they now need to order this casing half before they could put it back together. Meanwhile I'm so fricken busy at the time that I had to buy another unit in order to keep my bookings that were promised to customers. Another 3 weeks past (6 weeks now) they call me to pick up the quad that it is ready for pickup. I race into Red Deer and pick up the quad. I get back to my shop and unload the quad and immediately notice a weird sound coming from the back wheels while unloading off my truck and notice that the back wheels are only bolted on with 2 nuts on each side and they are hand tight. Also missing the foot well screws and a few other bolts and nuts. So whatever... I fixed it up myself without even calling them on it... not a big deal.
So a couple days ago (6 months later) I get a "NASTY" message on my cell phone from Parkland saying that they are tired of carrying my bills and that I have had an outstanding bill their for $30 since last September and that I NEED to pay this immediately before any further action is taken... WTF!! :rant: :nono: This is the first I've heard of this so of course I'm pizzed, I call them back and all I got to talk to was some chick at the parts counter that told me this bill was from the $30 worth of oil they used in my broken tranny which was covered on warranty. I asked to talk to Gerome the manager but after being on hold for 5 minutes she came back on the line to tell me that Gerome was too busy to take my call. I gave her the message for him to call me (he knows exactly who I am). Two days pass with no return call. I call back and ask to talk to Doug the owner and am put on hold for so long that ended up hanging up.
I bought a whole Gawd Damn fleet of quads and RZR off them along with thousands of dollars worth of parts and this is what I get. My business will not set foot in their door again. $30 ???? Pftttt
My first mistake was going their to save a couple thousand dollars on a large purchase last spring. Lesson learned.

But how do you really feel??

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Toys Polaris/Suzuki in cochrane has excellent service! i have referred several people from S&M to them and everyone so far likes them! a little far from red deer, but for calgary peeps it's great! 403-932-4828, ask for scott or darryl(owners)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Mountain Toys Polaris/Suzuki in cochrane has excellent service! i have referred several people from S&M to them and everyone so far likes them! a little far from red deer, but for calgary peeps it's great! 403-932-4828, ask for scott or darryl(owners)

I've heard this from several people now. Was told their service and mechanics are awesome.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard this from several people now. Was told their service and mechanics are awesome.
my sister is their parts person(on maturnity right now) and i'm very good friends with the owners and machanics! they are my quad and sledding buddies 90% of the time

polarisisthebest

Reaction score
Call me traditional but it seems a bit, unmanly to complain so much. This is a quading blog and not a knitting gossip nook, am I right? I mean give me a break! I have shopped here for four consecutive years, within multiple seasons. I like to think positively still I am hard pressed to think of this staff delivering disappointing service, never occurred on any of my trips. They have a fresh pot of coffee every time you walk in. I have had Doug slip into the shop and whip together a part because nothing on the shelf would do the trick. Jerome, always answers my prying questions accurately. They seem to be the only dealership I have gone into that has a real passion for the machine.

D-8

Reaction score
I been doing busines at Parkland Sled(Doug)for 12 years and been treated fairly through sales and service.As far as Rainy Creek goes there prices on parts are 10 to 15 % higher than Parkland Sled!!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guy's want service and are not scared of driving I highly recommend Hi-Line in Wetaskawin. The biggest difference is Graham (from Hi-Line), actually rides what he sells and is willing and capable of an intelligent conversation... Not to mention his costs of doing business is less. .:eek:

I'm sure Hi-Line is a great dealership but as for Graham Guntrip.....I would like to shove my foot so far up his azz that the toe is tickling his tonsils. That crooked schmuck took deposits on the new RZR4, one of them being my deposit, and then never ordered the units. There are also a few other crooked dealings that Graham made that the new sales manager wouldn't go into but Hi-Line now has a few mad customers and the new sales manager is trying his best to fix the situation. I ordered my RZR 4 back in mid march and should I choose to wait it'll be August by the time I receive the new quad. Watch out Graham now works at the Harley dealership in Camrose.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me thinks that polarisisthebst and d-8 may have hit there head on the door at parkland polass.

mudbug

Reaction score
A buddy has had no luck there, He phones them up to get repairs done they say bring it in were not busy.So he drops it off same day and it sits there for three weeks, what kinda service is that. Two weeks ago I go down to his place and repair 2 of his kids quads the one needed a new statorI told him to take it in and confirm that was the problem. So he takes it in the following day and they said they would look at it that afternoon. A week and a half later he calls and asked whats up with it and they said they have to order one it will take a week to come in. the thing that blows my mind is that it was all taken apart for them alls they had to do was test it 10 min job and then order the part, sso he ask them how how much to install it they tell him hour and a half, remember its already taken apart, to install the new stater requires 2 screws and a plate to be removed and unplug it 15 min job, whos getting screwed... Needless to say I had him phone cycle works west in Edmonton they have the part and he's picking up his quad from parkland vowing never to go back..

And I wont get into his wife quad motor rebuild....

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me thinks they work there.

Me thinks yer right...and probably the same person. LOL.

My bud bought a RZR there (against his better judgement) and they said they would consign his old quad for him to help him sell it. He dropped it off. 5 or 6 weeks go by and he goes by to see if it's sold and it is stored out in the yard with an inch of dust on it...never showed once. Gosh, I wonder why it never sold? I used to have a few Poo products back in the late 90's....Kelly worked there and he really took care of business. Once he moved on and the fruit of Doug's loins took over, everything went downhill.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe gerome has learned to read and thought he would try the puter. kind of funny place.

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If people insist on Polaris there is NO better dealer than Mountain Toys.....

RMKEITH

Reaction score
10 yrs ago, Doug tried pulling a fast one on me. Never been through the doors since. Way too many bad reports. Iv been to Rainy Creek since they been open and no issues to report.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have anything good to say about these people :confused:

*grinding teeth*

nope... .I've only been through their doors once in my life... that was enough... was met with someone who was less than polite when we stopped there on the way to the Edmonton sled show.....

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Top Bottom