crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a Telus hub this afternoon. Guess their quite popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone compared this to an air card or just using a cell phone as a local hotspot? Is it any faster/better? Anyone done a speed test on their cell phone and then smart hub in the same location? Is it better?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Has anyone compared this to an air card or just using a cell phone as a local hotspot? Is it any faster/better? Anyone done a speed test on their cell phone and then smart hub in the same location? Is it better?
Check back I posted both.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check back I posted both.

Where are you located? I've never seen download speeds that high on my cell. Looks like your download speeds are similar, but big difference in upload with the smart hub.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Spring Lake south of Beach Corner. I've never seen it that high either.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus has upgraded a bunch of their towers to LTE Advanced which has the theoretical ability to provide 225 Mbps internet.

From what the Telus rep tells me it is the reason they are now providing this service.

I was pretty happy with MCS net, best internet we have ever had out here, but I have been doing speed tests the last week and the Telus LTE Advanced is blowing MCS net out of the water.

My new setup should be in next week.

This is the beginning of the end for traditional wireless internet.

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone want to let me use their Alberta address so I can get this internet? Lol

turns out I can get this internet here in Saskatchewan but to use the Alberta prices I have to have an Alberta address to bill to.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the problem I am having with this telus internet is that the box itself is only rated for 100mbps.
The tower I am on will support 225 mbps.
I need to find a better box that can handle the higher speeds.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think mcsnet is fully able to ramp up their speeds if they want....they just don't feel they need to....yet

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Bringing this to the top.....

Finally sold the mobile home in Parkland Village and have an accepted offer on an acreage south west of Beach Corner, who's got the most reliable and consistent internet? This working from home thing is apparently going to continue into 2021 so I need good fast reliable internet!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart hub is only way to go if you can get it. Currently with Telus but looking to go elsewhere, they are terrible to deal with.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Smart hub is a piece of shat! It worked a little bit when they first came out. But everyone in our neighbourhood has had to switch back to the shatty wireless providers.

Smart hub service is so pour it’s unusable. Cell phone service has also been steadily deteriorating to the point of barely working.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Haha. Smart hub is a piece of shat! It worked a little bit when they first came out. But everyone in our neighbourhood has had to switch back to the shatty wireless providers.

Smart hub service is so pour it’s unusable. Cell phone service has also been steadily deteriorating to the point of barely working.

that's likely due to everyone and their dog being at home streaming shows, playing online games, watching p0rn and generally using the internet.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's likely due to everyone and their dog being at home streaming shows, playing online games, watching p0rn and generally using the internet.

Covid didn’t make it better. But it was on going way before covid. The last time I called in to inquire they said they opened a ticket to investigate in February 2019. As of spring 2020 they still did not have an expected timeframe for a fix.

Top Bottom