Parkland County Internet

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Onoway wall for on FB has someone complaining about Xplornet just every day, lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The Onoway wall for on FB has someone complaining about Xplornet just every day, lol

Xplornet when it originally was released was not much faster than dial up. At mom and dad's we had "Cruz internet" we got it in 2004. Cruz was then bought out by platinum and continued to have good speeds and reliability. Then xplornet bought platinum and it all went down hill. I think my parents are now on "Canada surfs"

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xplornet is an awful company to deal with . Speeds are never as fast as quoted . Some areas better than others though ...

Check out CCI if available, great outfit !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam31

Reaction score
Finally got rid of Xplornet and went with the new Telus Smart Hub. Much better! Averages 25-45 mbps download.10 -20 mbps upload with no crappy Xplornet throttling . No dish or wiring to install required,just plugs in where the Wifi router was (same size unit). Uses cell towers and does not need a strong signal. Everywhere in Fallis (Wabamun Area) is consistent speed . Android TV box works great now. Basic plan is $60-50gb $75-250gb/month.

Where did you find a plan like that, everything I see on the telus site is a lot less data for a lot more money. Also looking to get rid of xplorenet, extremely slow at peak times

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We just got one also.Explorenet can suck my balls.
Finally got rid of Xplornet and went with the new Telus Smart Hub. Much better! Averages 25-45 mbps download.10 -20 mbps upload with no crappy Xplornet throttling . No dish or wiring to install required,just plugs in where the Wifi router was (same size unit). Uses cell towers and does not need a strong signal. Everywhere in Fallis (Wabamun Area) is consistent speed . Android TV box works great now. Basic plan is $60-50gb $75-250gb/month.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Telus finally got with the program and came out with an affordable plan.
Where did you find a plan like that, everything I see on the telus site is a lot less data for a lot more money. Also looking to get rid of xplorenet, extremely slow at peak times

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That internet looks really good, i wish it was offered in Saskatchewan, i have a telus cell phone. And i get 3g service at my farm. Which is basically as fast as our Sasktel Fusion high speed at 5mpbs. I use my phone to hotspot when i play video games, and i get a 4-5mbps download and 1mpbs upload. But now sasktel is wanting to limit our internet to 100gb a month, for $89 a month... You guys in alberta have it pretty good. Look at the map compared to Sask... Broadband Internet Service Coverage in Canada

Just did a speed test on my 3g internet off my phone vs the house internet. WAYYY Different. 10.5 mbps on my telus in 3g, vs the 4.89mpbs Sasktel Fusion. Now i'm really jealous of the Telus internet in Alberta.

Last edited:

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That internet looks really good, i wish it was offered in Saskatchewan, i have a telus cell phone. And i get 3g service at my farm. Which is basically as fast as our Sasktel Fusion high speed at 5mpbs. I use my phone to hotspot when i play video games, and i get a 4-5mbps download and 1mpbs upload. But now sasktel is wanting to limit our internet to 100gb a month, for $89 a month... You guys in alberta have it pretty good. Look at the map compared to Sask... Broadband Internet Service Coverage in Canada

Just did a speed test on my 3g internet off my phone vs the house internet. WAYYY Different. 10.5 mbps on my telus in 3g, vs the 4.89mpbs Sasktel Fusion. Now i'm really jealous of the Telus internet in Alberta.

But look at it this way. You guys have Brad Wall. We have nothead.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's the telus hub thing.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's regular cel phone. Holy chit! I've never seen it that high.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is what $90 a month in rural Saskatchewan will get you.
Download-File

And my $65 a month internet on my phone...
Download-File

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Explornet is one of the worst companies I have ever delt with.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get MCS net in your area, they have been good to work with.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Explornet is one of the worst companies I have ever delt with.

I would say the same thing about MCS. Not happy with them at all. Depends where you are I guess. Pulling down .2Mbs tonight. Going to look into this Telus box for sure.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call this guy. He brought the box to my house so I could test the speed first.
a7d953ee7e3fa031a08f0082391098e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom