Parking RV's Over Winter

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x 2 on the in.... plus inside dry storage.... don't matter how much it snows then...

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
parents always store there motorhome w/ slides in, parked on blocks (all wheels) and battery disconnected, plus whatever the winterizing u do with your pipes is lol

Iii don't have a camper... yet :)

inthemud

Reaction score
I don't have the ability to store mine inside, but I am looking into a large tent or some sort of cover. I am confident in all the winterizing, but does anyone know where to find a tent or cover. Has anyone tried american pavilion? I'm looking for a way to keep the weather off but not break the bank. Does anyone have any pictures of any outside storage options?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to an RV dealer and purchase a motor home cover for your specific style / class of camper. They aren't that expensive and will keep the elements off of you unit.

I don't have the ability to store mine inside, but I am looking into a large tent or some sort of cover. I am confident in all the winterizing, but does anyone know where to find a tent or cover. Has anyone tried american pavilion? I'm looking for a way to keep the weather off but not break the bank. Does anyone have any pictures of any outside storage options?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i pay 400.00 a year for inside 20 x 40 foot............. have had it for many years [ got it when we had a old motor home with a questanable roof ]

ok i have a acerage and the cost to build a pole shed is huge [ 15 k pluis ] to cover the trailer.... so at 400.00 a year it will take me just about 30 years to pay for the pole shed....

k.i.s.

keep it simple [ no brainer ]

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
winterize the pipes, slides in, I keep solar panels connected to keep battery's up and never had any problems. I heard that you aren't supposed to use any kind of tarp other than a rv tarp, from what i heard they keep to much moister in. Also dont recomend having a few wobblys and fireing up the furnace to camp out in 30 below, its warm and all but the lino doesn't seem to like the temp change I had a few bubbles to work out.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys normally pay to store RV's outside. I am thinking of clearing some land and setting up a site but would like to know what the going rate is. Thanks.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I store ours with the slide in, rv antifreeze in pipes, hot water tank trained with plug out and batteries un hooked with a cover on. They say not to use a tarp because it doesn't "breath" which delaminates the fiberglass.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to an RV dealer and purchase a motor home cover for your specific style / class of camper. They aren't that expensive and will keep the elements off of you unit.

These covers are distributed from Atlas Distributors in Calgary.

Sylvanas

Reaction score
if you make sure your roof seals are good you dont ever have to worryabout the elements but once every two years make sure you crawl up top and reals the seam

Top Bottom