PAR 910, anyone else running one?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What happen? Brad offer him his money back if he took down all of his posts?

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoken to a few people about this motor. And of the 4-5 in alberta that i know of, all of them are either being sold or sent back.

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first time I dynoed it, it was the way I got it from CrankShop.
910 14.5-1 comp,CrankShop pipes, bored rack carbs 41.5mm.
IMG_0535_zpsc73d9ba5.jpg

Then about three years later i changed to Jaws pipes,48mm CPC carbs, and a ducati ignition
Same Dyno, same operater..
IMG_0536_zps613cc164.jpg

I feel for you glassman, I have friends that have got moters from big name builders in the states that never lived up the the hype..
I hope with all the deleteing for the posts on here and SW Brad is going to take care of you,but theres more then yours engines in Alberta that dont live up too, I hope those people are taking care of..

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your way low, but I'll post the sheats.

That is awesome. I have talked to a few old school guys who had experience with the 910's and they said 165 - 169 was the most they seen out of a single pipe job. Twins would likely be higher. It is nice to know there is more power to be had out of the same amount of cc's. I think the throttle bodies could be restricting the airflow as well with the PRO motors.

And what do you mean WAY low? Pretty good guess I think. I assumed you were running a single pipe like the PAR and Carls 900s.

Last edited:

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was running twins, CrankShop advertised the 910 at 170, my made 168..
You also got to remember that's 10 year old technology.
I went from running 67gram at 8100 to 69 grams at 8300 so you can't always go by the dyno sheets..

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is very good to be able to pull that weight with a low finish rate. Your old technology is making modern HP. Correct me if i'm wrong, but lower finish rate means more belt pinch, which in turn drops your rpms, so it takes more power to turn the same rpm's? And the fact you are turning higher rpms with more weight, shows the Dyno doesn't lie, nice.

So that being said, all things being equal, when I added a head to my stock motor I needed to add weight to the primary to keep the rpms down to where they should be.(more power?) Supposedly 4hp say, and 2g for about a 150 rpm drop. So if you were running the same secondary spring and helix, on a motor that is making, say 25 - 30hp more, wouldn't one assume you would need to add alot more weight to the primary to keep the rpms down?

Last edited:

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes to a point, as the HP up you need to add more weight to keep the some rpm, but as the weight goes up the secondary clutch may need a change too.

What clutching and gearing did they tell you to run? PM if you don't want it out in the open.

Top Bottom