PAR 910, anyone else running one?

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the problem with the way these motors run? Is it just that they they don't make power, or at they boggy from a rich or lean condition somewhere in the throttle range.
We keep hearing that they don't run like they are supposed to, but don't hear what the running condition is.
I did read somewhere that a guy was running 58 gram weights in one and that doesn't make sense.
Our low boost Pro pulls 70 gram weights at elevation with no problem and runs like a stock sled.

Neil , What primary spring , secondary spring and helix are you running in you low boost kit , just to get the whole picture

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glassman; can you give us an update? I've been following the thread over on snowest as well but The thread has now gone past my viewing privileges of 75 posts. I missed your last 2 posts...any luck yet?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say right now is I'm waiting for Dyno results on my second motor. Should have results with the "as advertised" SLP pipe as well as the "new and improved" CPI pipe. I have taken my motor in for evaluation (as it seems to be sitting on my bench now) and there is some flaws that can be remedied. I am not going to run the Vipec and will be returning it. I don't doubt that it will help the issues, but I was not aware that you needed to purchase a $2000.00 accessory, in order for it to run. Just want to make sure the motor actually has the potential to produce the 178 hp and 117 ft lbs of torque that it was advertised with, or if it is like the "billet" connecting rods, and not exactly as shown. If it does not live up to the hype, then there is going to be some interesting posts for sure. So far, it is not anywhere near the engine I was told it was.

Once Brad gets back and can answer a few questions, I will know more.

Last edited:

sprinkfitter

Reaction score
Glassman; can you give us an update? I've been following the thread over on snowest as well but The thread has now gone past my viewing privileges of 75 posts. I missed your last 2 posts...any luck yet?

E-smoke a little trick you can do to keep reading further in the posts for snow west is to click on the view thread button then under the pop down menu hit show printable version you wont be able to see any pictures but you can read all the posts further than your allowed amount.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another trick is to pay the $20 per year. Works out quite well.:d Works out to be about 2.5 :beer: s lol Back on topic.

E-smoke a little trick you can do to keep reading further in the posts for snow west is to click on the view thread button then under the pop down menu hit show printable version you wont be able to see any pictures but you can read all the posts further than your allowed amount.

the450kid

Reaction score
So any updates after another weekend of riding anyone? I'm really interested in this motor...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So any updates after another weekend of riding anyone? I'm really interested in this motor...

I'd say if they got it figured out they'd be all over posting it on here. With no responses in weeks id say it still runnin like a turd. If i was you i would look at different options like big bore kits other companies make that have been on the snow and working already.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of like a AC 1000 big bore ? 1200 something or other a Glenn? Impossible to make run or last.

I'd say if they got it figured out they'd be all over posting it on here. With no responses in weeks id say it still runnin like a turd. If i was you i would look at different options like big bore kits other companies make that have been on the snow and working already.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of like a AC 1000 big bore ? 1200 something or other a Glenn? Impossible to make run or last.

There are several companies making big bores for different brands that dont have any reliability issues and work very well. Look at the 860's, 901's, 925's. Just as examples.

Ive done some D&d 1200's and they worked good. The last kit i got from them and did was a huge head ache and dint work well. It ended up costing me money. And was the last D&D product to come thru my doors for sale.

Last edited:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MOTOR IS A FLOP. Do not waste your money. I will be explaining soon.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but have been following your threads on different sites and it didn't sound to good. I think i would have to buy a ticket and talk the fellow Brad at arms length.
There seems to be a quite afew out there that are sitting with 6 to 8 g's out of pocket plus alot of time and effort into working on the product.
Hope the builder comes through for you fellas in short order.
Nobody needs this kind of grief.:mad:

MOTOR IS A FLOP. Do not waste your money. I will be explaining soon.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dyno results today.....2500 ft elev

PAR910 w/slp PIPE and PC-V mapping. Set up like Brad originally told me, 136 HP and 92 ft lbs of torque.
PAR910 w/CPI Pipe and PC-V mapping. Actual pipe off his sled that he said made 175 hp. Our Dyno got 149 hp and 102ftlbs of torque
Stock 800 pro dyno'd at 134 hp on the same dyno so take it for what it is worth.
If the Vipec magically produces another 25 hp then we have a winner.

FYI: I have officially given up on this motor. It seems I have neither the skill or the knowledge to make it run like it is supposed to.

Will trade straight across for a stock running 12,13 motor. My loss is your gain. You will need to buy a vipec if you want the big power I guess, and a CPI pipe, as this one is not mine. I cant afford to spend anymore getting this thing to run.

Last edited:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the update and I'm sorry to see this. Corrected numbers to sea level using HP x ALT divided by 1000 x .03 then adding the difference back on

Sea level HP numbers from above:
Stock Pro 144HP
910 SLP 146HP
910 CPI 160HP

I cant believe that pipe made that big of a difference. Not saying this is acceptable at all...their is definitely something wrong going on. I hope your season starts getting better real soon

I am curious to know what kind of air fuel ratios were showing during the dyno runs?

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't brads dyno number of 174 or what ever it was suppose to be at 5000 where his shop was? But I guess it really rips when it is geared down and running 60 gram weights at 4500 feet. I think he has some explaining to do about this motor because yours isn't the only one!

Top Bottom