overnight huts

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is the sled shed at the end of the trail at Forester. It does have bunks.
forsterdaytriplehrs002.jpg
[/IMG]

mcmurdo cabin
sleddingin08019-1.jpg
[/IMG]

or you could build one of these
pedly2004.jpg
[/IMG]
:d

dave white is a gem, please respect it
thanksgiving022.jpg
[/IMG]

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
years ago...we stumbled upon a ski lodge down from 3 valley gap by golden
heli skier type lodge very freindly response when we arrived at the door (we were very respectfull of there turf) this lodge was gorgeus and located litterly about 100 miles into the backcountry.has anybody ever tried staying there?do they play nice with sledders? or were we just lucky that day??:d:beer:

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys.. sucks you cant ride up to the cabins, I'll see what happens, hard to walk in the deep snow with all the gear when you snowboard! I always thought that cabin at forester was for sledders like at quartz or boulder.

there are a few cabins in forester. the one just past the gas drop is for sledders. i don't think they like you stay there overnight, it is more of an emergancy shelter.

the one up the valley futher on the right is the dave white cabin. it is the one i posted a link for.

and there is another, but i'm not sure where it is. maybe up towards the glacier??

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are a few cabins in forester. the one just past the gas drop is for sledders. i don't think they like you stay there overnight, it is more of an emergancy shelter.

the one up the valley futher on the right is the dave white cabin. it is the one i posted a link for.

and there is another, but i'm not sure where it is. maybe up towards the glacier??

There is one up on the glacier way in the back called the Olive Hut. Unless you know where you're going you will never find it, its built into the side of the mountain out of rock and almost invisible. 8 KM ski across the glacier, moot point though since sleds are not allowed on the glacier.

Top Bottom