Overdue as well.

Reaction score
I was a bike rider, CRF250 X. Used to be a hell of a good and fast one too. Then age caught up with me and there seemed to be more and more superman endings to my rides. After a really nasty one (I actually had tears in my eyes it hurt soooo bad) a friend of ours told me to try out his Polaris. At this point I was ready to just pack it in as I was getting hurt more and more every time. Yes ladies I'm a guy and when I get on my bike, after 15 minutes the testosterone kicks in, Joe Macho ( my dopey innerself) comes alive and I ride like I'm being shot at. Then there is a bump, or a corner, or a log and suddenly I'm doing a really crappy impression of superman with a tragic ending. The learning curve for males is sometimes not that steep. So as I was saying my friend said try out my quad. It was a newer Polaris 500 HO. I got on board, got familiar with the machine and then started out slowly. Then I got faster and then just a weee bit faster. Then I brought it back and put my wife on the back and we went for a ride together. Then I did a dirty! I got the wife to ride back with me as the passenger and her as the driver, she had never driven a quad before. She just loved it. The end of the story is that I went and bought a brand new Polaris 500 EFI for me right away, the next week I bought a used Polaris 500 EFI for the wife, and my 15 year old son now has his hands full with his dads CRF250x. The moral of the story is that maybe when you start turning into an old fart and the superman trick isn't as fun as it was when you were a kid, try out a friends quad. You'll save a ton of money on pain medication, wake up in the morning and actually look forward to the days ride, and most important of all, when you go to work Monday morning, you won't look like you got stomped by a horse or run over by a bus, or a train. Quadding is truley the most fun I have had in a lot of years. I've made new friends, met old ones who I didn't know quadded and just had and have a grand old time. Happy trails and i'm the guy on the trail with the big grin on his face everytime!:D

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Richters Riders that is a great way to introduce yourself, a little coming of age story as well as old vet. story I liked it....Welcome to the sit you'll fit right in!!:D

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i feel your pain brother..used to dirt bike then went to racing trikes then racing quads..now i enjoy the grizzly with the power steering..have fun on the trails.enjoy the site,alot of fun stories here.

Top Bottom