Over Heating Problems

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A young fellow I know has an 2003 Summit X 800 HO 159" and he is having problems with the sled overheating. There is a new short block motor in the sled. The only thing I can think of that would cause the problem is a faulty thermostat or there is a blockage in the cooling system? Does any one have any ideas on what may be causing this problem? Another side note is that there has been plenty of snow so there should have been enough for cooling the heat exchangers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Billy Boy:cool:

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A young fellow I know has an 2003 Summit X 800 HO 159" and he is having problems with the sled overheating. There is a new short block motor in the sled. The only thing I can think of that would cause the problem is a faulty thermostat or there is a blockage in the cooling system? Does any one have any ideas on what may be causing this problem? Another side note is that there has been plenty of snow so there should have been enough for cooling the heat exchangers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

what are the plugs like? (colour?)

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check the simple stuff like the presure cap on the tank. Looked at mine today and rubber seal was shot. maybe not the answer but could be part of the problem.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have him check the color of the plugs and the rad cap.

Thanks,

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thermostat maybe?? had the thermostat on my zx bugger up. not sure what happened sled was warmed up good and going across a field, and she cold seized. a least thats what the mechnic told me. makes sense. so yeah might want to check that out or replace. very cheap. would hate to have it sticking closed then go wide open and screw things up.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He tested the thermostat and it was faulty, he installed a new one and it seems to be running fine.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out this weekend and the young fellow had his 03 800 out and he had to problems with overheating. Looks like he is good to go!!

Top Bottom