Outlander 650 or grizzly 700

togo ripper

Reaction score
So the wife decided she would like her own quad now I'm not sure what to get brother had a grizzly and it was great but I'm really liking my can am so let's hear some opinions

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They're both great machines. The 650 has a bit more power than the 700 and is also considerably more stable. I still prefer the ride of a Grizz, but I would probably lean towards the Canned Ham if I own one already - might allow you to share some tools, parts, bolts, rivets, etc between the two machines. In the end, the biggest factor is probably stability, so if I was shopping for my girlfriend, I'd go with the outty.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 650xmr and the new 700 griz , both great but I prefer to ride the griz, the 2014 are wider and much more stable, the griz is much lighter to ride. If your going to do any amount of doubling go with the 650 if not I would do the griz. You won't go wrong with either, really should come down to the dealer. Both will be super reliable

that's my 2 bits if it helps

togo ripper

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions I'm not going brand new so probably just stick with the can am have decent dealers for both in town so that doesn't make a huge difference

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a new 14 outlander 650 and I have also had a 2011 outy 800 xt as well as 3 grizzly 700 EPs.Like others have said the outlander s in gen 1 or 2 are much more stable and the suspension is way more plush. If it was my wife or gf I would not be comfortable with them on a pretty 2014 grizzly as they are very light in the front wanting to wheelie. They are also terrible on any side hill.I go places on my can am I would never take my grizzly. On reliability Yamaha no contest. Can am being performance oriented require s more maintainance. Either way power steering is a must. Also there's no way a grizzly has the power of a outy 650.62 horse to 49

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I had a 550 Grizz, loved it, very easy to go in tight twisty trails but light in the front. Power is a non issue, it went everywhere the bigger machines went, but it also depends on what kind of riding you do. Excellent build quality. Last year I bought the 650 Can-Am. Love it, very stable, very smooth power, not as good in the tight twisty trees, higher maintenance. If your wife is a novice the 650 is the better route, she will feel more comfortable. Hubby and I would both go back to Yamaha's if they came out with a twin. At least for now they went wider stance, needs to be a shade longer wheel base also.

togo ripper

Reaction score
Ok so we decided on a 650 so would you go xt or XMR I was leaning towards XMR if I can get one cheap enough just because it already has snorkels mud tires mad rad relocate she's not going deep but we do hit mud and bush trails with some water crossings

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XMR is way too single purpose especially for your lady.Get an XT and then add some 27-28" zillas if your going to be in some mud.Dealer can add the factory snorkle.Rad relocate not necessary unless all you do is mud.XMR also does not come with a winch.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XMR is way too single purpose especially for your lady.Get an XT and then add some 27-28" zillas if your going to be in some mud.Dealer can add the factory snorkle.Rad relocate not necessary unless all you do is mud.XMR also does not come with a winch.

X2.....

togo ripper

Reaction score
What makes it single purpose? Is it just the rad relocate cause I like the snokles and mudzillas and a winch is pretty minor for me to install and for the 330$ more for the XMR I couldn't even get a used set of tires for that or is there something different about them that I'm missing

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big cleat tires ride rough unless your just mudding. Also xmr s only come with a 6 month warranty. I don't believe you can get an extended BEST with them.Left over 14 model xt,s come with a 3 year warranty presently.

Top Bottom