Outlander 10 hour first service ($600)

Kenmack

Reaction score
What would you do if you had to pay $600 for the first 10 hour service on your new machine and inspected it afterwards only to realize that the dealership didn't do what they said they did?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If they put the $600 on the bill without a phone call for approval first i wouldn't pay a dime. And if i agree'd to it and i found out the work wasn't done. Like maxwell said, back on the truck and straight back to the dealership.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can do it yourself, without screwing up your warranty, keep the bills for your oils, lot of guys do their own on the can am forums, and by the way 600.00 for 10 hour service is a plain rip off !!! , got mine done for 260.00, shop around !! even if you got to drive an hour somewhere, still worth the savings.

Kenmack

Reaction score
Awesome guys thanks . I called them on it at the dealer before I even loaded it , the Mechanic decided to add oil in the parking lot at -20 below to the rear diff . They offered to cover my next oil change ... But it's not really about the money for me its more about trusting them to miss something else . 2015 outlander XT-P . They also forgot to replace the copper O-ring on engine drain plug , and the 800$ skid plate I ordered also came back one peice painted black and everythig else silver like It should be . My question is ... Would you guys spend another dime at { BOW CYCLE SOUTH} calgary alberta .

Kenmack

Reaction score
The email has been sent to the dealer principal of bow cycle this morning and yes one will be sent to BRP CANADA and BBB .

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had my service done at MArtin south side here in Edmonton, I told them that I had done all the oil changes and greased everything., and they only needed to do the mechanical side of the service. When I got there they had done all the oil changes again and tried to charge me. Good thing I got them to sign the sheet that said oil changes have been done previously... They reversed the charges and I talked to the manager and let him know I wasn't happy. Still cost 290 for there stupid mechanics to "look" over my renegade.... Such a rip off. Don't let these dealers push you around......

Worst of all, when I got home and looked over the quad, I don't think the actually changed any oil.... they just tried to charge me... Such a scam.

Kenmack

Reaction score
i also ordered a 800$ skid plate from these guys . so when i paid for i asked if everything was in the boxes , the lady said oh no just the rear diff plate was on order . two days later i get a call to IMG_6038.JPG.jpg pick up the rear skid plate , i take the box home to start installing everything and guess what the skid plate was painted black on top of the box that it came in . great business these people are running down here . CAN-AM does not even make a black skid plate . IMG_6039.jpg

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man you guys need a good small town reputable dealer.I bought my new 14 650 XT last may from Reichert s in Tulameen BC. Included a first service in the deal and $400 worth of accessories installed. Better prices than the Alberta dealers as I shopped around. Bought a 12 800 from bowridge in Cochrane a few years back but they were higher this time.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man you guys need a good small town reputable dealer.I bought my new 14 650 XT last may from Reichert s in Tulameen BC. Included a first service in the deal and $400 worth of accessories installed. Better prices than the Alberta dealers as I shopped around. Bought a 12 800 from bowridge in Cochrane a few years back but they were higher this time.
CanAm/BRP is doing away with small town dealers.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CanAm/BRP is doing away with small town dealers.

That must be why Gateway in Rocky Mountain House(pop 7500) is now a Doo dealer...? I will say its odd that Trackside in Olds lost their dealership and Rocky gets new one with Turples being in Red Deer...? I am positive that politics were the underlying factor... But won't speculate as to why...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also ordered a 800$ skid plate from these guys . so when i paid for i asked if everything was in the boxes , the lady said oh no just the rear diff plate was on order . two days later i get a call toView attachment 182552 pick up the rear skid plate , i take the box home to start installing everything and guess what the skid plate was painted black on top of the box that it came in . great business these people are running down here . CAN-AM does not even make a black skid plate . View attachment 182551
Wow that is shady!!
I too deal with Wetaskiwin. And for Suzuki Johannson's in Ponoka. Out of town for me but worth it IMO. Turple's sales dept. might be ok but they are a separate entity from service and parts from what I understand and I wouldn't take a weed wacker to them for repair. I only buy parts from them if I have to in an emergency.

RAmDoo

Reaction score
Ya I agree that that box shouldn't have left the dealership. Did the dealership offer you any comp for the hassle? If you have talked to a manager something would have been talked about?

Kenmack

Reaction score
They told me I was getting nothing in return but a half used bottle of gear oil .

Top Bottom