Our kids are never to old to hug

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its been a year since my son passed away and i miss him very much. He has a wonderful son. I have lived in Edmonton all my life and never saw an owl in the city. On the night he passed i was sitting outside pondering life. Looked over and a hundred yards away was the biggest owl i have ever seen looking over at me. He sat there awhile before flying off. My son always liked owls and i like to think it was him. I like to think he was saying look dad i have become strong and wise. Please remember to hug your kids and the ones you love. Life can change so fast.
Kenny Chesney - Don't Blink - YouTube
Emerson Drive - When I See You Again - YouTube

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so VERY sorry,i have a son about this age.........So it hits home !! Recently i have gotten in the habbit of giving him a big hug when he leaves;i want to thank you for your courage .
You have posted the "best advice" i have ever seen on this forum,take care and our thoughts are with you and your family........

X1000000000000 on the best advice ever on SnowandMud. Hows that little grandson dooin?

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry, mxzretta.
I give my mom and dad a hug and an "I love you" every time i talk too or see them. And I'm a 42 y/o man...pathetic hey? I know every time i see them may be the last.
My son is 8 and sometimes i worry we love, hug, and kiss him too much. But reading things like this and i know we cant love him enough.

Peace.
Boobage, I could not agree more. I am almost the same age as you and my son is almost the same age as yours. But, everytime I see Mom and Dad, there is a hug and an I love you. Sorry to derail thread.
I will delete this post if needed.

Condolences mxzretta.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X1000000000000 on the best advice ever on SnowandMud. Hows that little grandson dooin?
The grandson is doing great cant wait till he starts to talk. For you wondering how my son passed away. This is the part I don't understand and have a hard time dealing with it. He was only 23 got up around 2am and told his girlfriend he wasn't feeling good and needed help. He died before the ambulance arrived. They did a full autopsy and I had to wait over half a year to find out the results of all the tox screens and bloodwork they did to find a cause. They did not find anything and said it was of natural causes. WTF how does a healthy 23 old die of natural causes? On a side note I have sold all my toys this past year don't know why just felt I had too. So I wont be on here to much anymore. RIDE SAFE AND HUG YOUR KIDS.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The grandson is doing great cant wait till he starts to talk. For you wondering how my son passed away. This is the part I don't understand and have a hard time dealing with it. He was only 23 got up around 2am and told his girlfriend he wasn't feeling good and needed help. He died before the ambulance arrived. They did a full autopsy and I had to wait over half a year to find out the results of all the tox screens and bloodwork they did to find a cause. They did not find anything and said it was of natural causes. WTF how does a healthy 23 old die of natural causes? On a side note I have sold all my toys this past year don't know why just felt I had too. So I wont be on here to much anymore. RIDE SAFE AND HUG YOUR KIDS.

I read this story last year and it was a hard read, and now and being a new dad i now know why my parents drove me so insane with their worrying and checking up on me my whole life and still do.

a friend of mines sister had the same thing happen to her, she wasnt feeling good on the weekend. her husband left for work as usual, they said good byes she was found in bed dead later that day after no one could get a hold of her..... worst thing was they had a 2 year old and 5 year old girl and they found their mom like that..... This happened monday

its hard to see someone dying from old age or a disease but you kind of prepare your self. a sudden death from an accident or something unexplained is so hard, cant imagine what your going threw.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saddest thing I have read in along time! I have no kids of my own but I do have a step daughter and I can not even imagine loosing her nor do I want to! Sorry for you loss! And I truly thinking that the owl was him, it was him saying goodbye!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just found out that a friend of mine just lost his 24 year old daughter by a brain aneurism yesterday. She was sleeping and neighbour heard commotion by her twin boys who are 4 years old. Not sure how long they were alone. Unfortunately no father in theirs lives :(( So, I guess I am going to hug my 24, 21 and 14 year olds today!!!! So sad!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My youngest step son has a un-curable condition that will eventually lead to a end. On Tuesday my oldest son had a skating day at school so I attended that before driving my 12hrs north to work, it was kinda funny because it was the first time I noticed he wouldn't give me a kiss before I left. on my way to work this song came on the radio and honestly chokes me up a little bit every time I hear it. I also have a step daughter and a daughter of my own. Watching these 4 hooligans grow up is the most incredible thing in the world, I cherish every conversation and hugs and kisses.GORD BAMFORD "LITTLE GUY" - YouTube

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My youngest step son has a un-curable condition that will eventually lead to a end. On Tuesday my oldest son had a skating day at school so I attended that before driving my 12hrs north to work, it was kinda funny because it was the first time I noticed he wouldn't give me a kiss before I left. on my way to work this song came on the radio and honestly chokes me up a little bit every time I hear it. I also have a step daughter and a daughter of my own. Watching these 4 hooligans grow up is the most incredible thing in the world, I cherish every conversation and hugs and kisses.GORD BAMFORD "LITTLE GUY" - YouTube

Gord Bamford "My Daughter's Father" - YouTube

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been two years since my son passed away today. Just thought I would remind everyone to give their kids a hug along with the ones you love. You never know when it will be the last time you get a chance to. My cousin lost her daughter a few months ago in a quad accident. She just went for ride like she did all the time but no one knew it would be the last time to see her smile. So give your kids and loved ones a hug no matter the age. Be safe and be kind.

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been on here for awhile. But after the recent tragedy in McBride I thought I would post here and bring this back up. My heart is with the families of the sledders who passed as well as there friends. Take the time to hug and tell the people in your lives that you love them. Take care

cowboytb

Reaction score
I am glad that u reposted this I hope that things are better and the grandchild is healthy and happy tragedy sometimes reminds us that life is short and that we take things for granted that we will do that next time or later .... Do it now enjoy the little things in life God bless u and anybody else that is struggling with life unexpected tragedys. Hugs all around my family

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its been 4 years since my son passed and it doesn't get easier. I was just listening to a voicemail he left me an hour before he passed. When I hear him say " call me in the morning because he will be up love you dad " its hard to believe that's the last time I would hear his voice. And that he wouldn't be up in the morning or any other. So like I said take the time to hug your kids and the ones you love. As you never know if it will be the last time.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am getting choked up reading this. I am takin my 13 yr old deer hunting this evening and tomorrow. Couldn't imagine life without him or what you and your family have been going through this past four years. I go in and give our son a hug and a kiss before I leave for work every morning. I hope your grandson is doing well mxzretta. Cherish the memories that you have of your son until you see him again.
Condolences from my family to yours
Derek

Top Bottom