Ordering trailer-your suggestions for options

Scott MacDonald

Reaction score
Looking to order a Wells Cargo v-nose. I'm a long term owner on most things I buy so I don't want regrets on any options I don't get. Looking at 24ft straight with 5ft v-nose. Smooth wall finish, limited extreme package, insulated $380 option, 4 interior 12v lights, allum wheels, 5200lbs axels.

Side fuel doors are not standard any more, but should have one I think. Not sure which side to put the 3ft man door on. Drivers side seems conv. for the driver and when at the fuel pumps, but will be using in summer for sleeping/camping with quads and most campsites are set up more conv. for doors on pass. side like all travel trailers/fifth wheels.???

Would like to install Atwood 2 stage 34,000/23000btu furnace in overhead cabinets from wells cargo. Wells cargo will install 20lbs or 30lbs propane tanks on hitch. How long does a 30 lbs bottle last say over night, temp -15C to -25C, keeping trailer 15C enough to dry wet gear and sleds?? Have you installed a larger rv tank on the frame? If yes, how much clearance from tank to ground?

Will 29ft feel to long? Want the option of hauling 5 long tracks once in a while. Dealers have told me most sales are 26ft-27ft trailers. I have a two place open now which isn't enough and will be travelling around sask and west to mountains so need to upgrade.

Not thinking about a gas fuel tank under floor or 120v plugs cause of where the price is at already, but those are nice options. So tell me what you got, what you wished you would have done differently, size, options, good or poor quality. Thanks guys-gals, really enjoy this forum.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 16 foot cargo trailer i have been using for 2 yrs and love it but is bare bones no heat no racks nothn i want to upgrade to a bigger one next yr.
one thing id reccomend is for sure tie down racks and helmet racks as well you should look at the thread trick out your trailer for some ideas on the boot driers pictured in the the posts also a lot of guys are line-x ing the floors, another thing is a e track or anothe type of tie down track for convenience of tying down sleds i found the less distance between the sled and tie down the less it moves. Also for the side door go with the pass side u'll get used to it and as for the propane tank go hitch mount for filling convenience and changing, my uncle has one underneath and has nothn but issues with it.

Gowen

Reaction score
A friend has screened side windows installed in his trailer that makes it nice for working inside. He has curtains for privacy and security.

Scott MacDonald

Reaction score
Ya tinted black windows would be nice. Extra light, cool breeze without bugs for summer time use. Only worried about easy access for theft of what ever is inside. Easy to see your goods, easy to break in. Want a window or two but feel I raise the chance of being screwed evenually at a staging area or parking lot at night.

I still like the under mount lpg tank for trailer, but not if it hangs to low. I added one on my diesel truck for propane injection instead of hauling a 20lbs in the box. Service stations charge set price on a 20 or 30lbs tank but you pay by the liter for frame mount around here. Some stations this summer charged $18 for a 20lbs tank for the BBQ while only $22 for 30 liters in frame tank on my truck. A 20lbs is only around 15 liters I think. Hi sir let me bend over first!!

Thinking of buying the superclamps and installing the hook for them myself inorder to position the sleds how we like. This e track system, are you running it the full lenght between the ski's and then use pull or ratchet straps?

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i made sure that i could stand with my helmut on in mine, my 2 cents.:beer:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd put the man door on the passenger side. If you ever need to get in that door when you are parked on the side of a narrow road.....
Small slider windows near the top shouldn't affect security; if they're too small to fit through and you can't see through without a ladder.

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the e track i run it down the middle and along the sides and i use ratchet straps only i just about lost my quad two summers ago from a cam strap working lose.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our trailer was used when we got it but it was undercoated and I think that is a good idea. There are some hard to wash places underneath where salt can sit and eat. If this can be avoided, it would be the best.

Good to have some shelves/cabinets to keep supplies and tools in.

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a new Mirage enclosed trailer this year. It is 26'6 including the v nose, and I have had 5 mountain sleds in there. I bought the high mark edition which came with 3 - 4' helmet racks, 40000 btu heater with thermostat, 140 litre gas tank, completley insulated with electric fans on the ceiling, cd player with six speakers, full light and led light pkg, 2 gas doors and entry door on passenger side. Trailer was around 17000 cdn but if you were to buy all these options seperate it would end up costing alot more

Scott MacDonald

Reaction score
Thanks guys, some good advice. Passenger side walk in door it will be, and will put two fuels doors on otherside. Trailer I'm looking at comes standard with undercoating so good there too.

Dlg27, where did you shop for that Mirage. Now thats setup.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you look into going with an all aluminium frame. Lighter for pulling, no rusting, and also heard the price has come down on aluminium trailers. Something to think about.

Top Bottom