Open camping with lake access

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any open camping spots, within 3 hours, or so, of Edmonton, that have lake access?

Trying to plan a trip for the middle of August.

Thanks

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We looked at that lake last fall looks decent probly end up there this year for sure.
You guys camp just at the end of the lake access rd to the north of the intersection there?

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truck access to lake? Is Medicine lake swimmable?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup provincial campground there I think it is. No swimming area but looked clean and decent for swimming. Allot better than some lakes I have seen people swimming in

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of lake access????
Drive to lake to go fishing or swimming?
PAck in a canoe or fishing boat?
or back in the ski boat?

There's a boat launch, and cook house. Fresh water from a hand pump. Easy access from the main road. No ski boats...I can't remember if there's a speed limit, or horsepower restrictions. I think it's a 30km/h speed limit. Although we used to swim in there as youngsters, I'd never let my kids swim in it now. The fishing is great...pike and perch...maybe walleye, but I never caught any.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We looked at that lake last fall looks decent probly end up there this year for sure.
You guys camp just at the end of the lake access rd to the north of the intersection there?

Yep, that's the old gravel pit. We always camp in that area. If you continue up the road to the north a couple of km, you'll get to a little lake called Goslin (or Island) Lake. There's a nice little sandy beach there....always a good spot to have a hot lunch and bevy.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Sounds like as soon as the snow f's off, might have to take a day trip down there and do some riding. Check it all out.

Not everyone who will be coming camping will have machines so riding around and scoping it out in advance might be required.

Who's eager to go riding?

Top Bottom