Ooooh yea! New sled came today.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you get some seat time in I would be interested to hear your thoughts comparing the Raptors to the KYB Pro 40s that were on your Freeride.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got out for a little shake down run this weekend, snow level is low but I was able to open up on the sled pretty good. My first impression of my new T3 is; is its the sickest sled I've ever rode!!! This thing is going to help bring my technical riding to a whole new level this season :)

Golden Saturday-

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Frisby Ridge on Sunday to check out conditions, Saturday was a bit better, but we went way back on Frisby and found some untouched and had a great day. Still need another Meter of snow then it will be game on! Main goal this weekend was to not trash the sled,, mission accomplished...lol

Revelstoke Sunday-

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you get some seat time in I would be interested to hear your thoughts comparing the Raptors to the KYB Pro 40s that were on your Freeride.

For sure I'll do that. They are both high end shocks, but the one thing I noticed about the Raptors right away(when I picked one up) is they are noticeably lighter than the KYB40's. Ive only rode on the Raptors a couple days so far and I havent got them fully setup for my riding style yet, but so far they are wicked!!

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hardoncameramount hooked me up with one of there camera mounts and thought Id share a couple pics, If you havent seen one of these they are
pretty cool! If you like taking GoPro footage of your sledding trips, you need one of these. Mounts on your front or rear bumper and gives a way better
camera perspective than the standard helmet mount ext. If it snows one of these days I should be able to make some cool Vids!

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hardoncameramount hooked me up with one of there camera mounts and thought Id share a couple pics, If you havent seen one of these they are
pretty cool! If you like taking GoPro footage of your sledding trips, you need one of these. Mounts on your front or rear bumper and gives a way better
camera perspective than the standard helmet mount ext. If it snows one of these days I should be able to make some cool Vids!

[url]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/lilduke6/DSCF0089_zps05eb6741.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r198/lilduke6/DSCF0090_zps5d52c302.jpg[/URL]

They work really well but don't like whoops very much. Everywhere else they're awesome!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
That mount looks wicked Dan!
But as you know with my riding style, it would only work on the back for my sled as the angles would always be off on the front.
I guess we can call it the "Balsa Twist" on my front bumpers. LOL.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy the mount at?

I got the mount from Hardon Camera Mount. To order one, contact Big BUBBY on this site or email him at: hardoncameramounts@hotmail.com

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That mount looks wicked Dan!
But as you know with my riding style, it would only work on the back for my sled as the angles would always be off on the front.
I guess we can call it the "Balsa Twist" on my front bumpers. LOL.

Thats what I thought till I saw Chris Brown roll his viper down the mountain at Yamafest with one of those on his sled.
They have some give, so they just fold into the sled, then you can just pull it back out. I'd be more worried about losing
the GoPro then anything else.

Ya that things gone the first off trail tree ride for me lol

They are more suited to alpine riding for sure, but as long as your not going through the tightest tree's you can find
it should be alright.

As Im sure you know there is TONS of tree riding in Revy where there is good distance between the trees (10+ feet)
Just have to make an effort to not ram rod it into every tree and should be fine...lol

I'll be trying it out here right away, so I guess we'll see :beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I thought till I saw Chris Brown roll his viper down the mountain at Yamafest with one of those on his sled.
They have some give, so they just fold into the sled, then you can just pull it back out. I'd be more worried about losing
the GoPro then anything else.

They are more suited to alpine riding for sure, but as long as your not going through the tightest tree's you can find
it should be alright.

As Im sure you know there is TONS of tree riding in Revy where there is good distance between the trees (10+ feet)
Just have to make an effort to not ram rod it into every tree and should be fine...lol

I'll be trying it out here right away, so I guess we'll see
Problem is the trees still jump in front of a guy lol

And gonso lol

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so now he gets both the "joy"(Muhhahhhaaahhhaa) of fiddling with the camera, fogged lense, flat battery on EPIC rides, endless hours of footage to edit, and us nagging for our pow stoke while he's too busy dealing with the hoards of chicks chasing him at the bar.

shall we take bets on when we see our first lilduke vid on S&M ???

like I can talk, got hours of clips only buddies see ...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so now he gets both the "joy"(Muhhahhhaaahhhaa) of fiddling with the camera, fogged lense, flat battery on EPIC rides, endless hours of footage to edit, and us nagging for our pow stoke while he's too busy dealing with the hoards of chicks chasing him at the bar.

shall we take bets on when we see our first lilduke vid on S&M ???

like I can talk, got hours of clips only buddies see ...

Hopefully I'll have something for next week haha. The GoPro is a bit of a learning curve for sure.Last year I had problems like; Didnt know how to use it(think I gotter figured out now lol) ,dead batteries(this year I have on board 12v for charging) Computer was too slow(got a better computer) And chitty internet connection(Same connection this year, but I'm going to keep the clips short and sweet by doing kind of pre planned runs to keep the editing and download time to a minimum haha)

So the Gopro should work out better this season,, hopefully...lol :beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom