Onion lake, Hummingbird , Canary creek.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a weekend camp out & ride out in the Hummingbird area, maybe the suds & buds crew?? The veiws are great & trails in good shape (maintained by the local club). Not sure which weekend, maybe sept. 28 or first weekend of Oct. ???
Any interest or thoughts ?

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a weekend camp out & ride out in the Hummingbird area, maybe the suds & buds crew?? The veiws are great & trails in good shape (maintained by the local club). Not sure which weekend, maybe sept. 28 or first weekend of Oct. ???
Any interest or thoughts ?
Nice to hear your still kickin Hadley lol, we will be out south of that area from the 4th to the 11th hunting, maybe bump into you guys and go for a ride with rifle by my side if you pick that weekend, if not I m working the last sept one, or come over to the teepee for some cold tea.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear your still kickin Hadley lol, we will be out south of that area from the 4th to the 11th hunting, maybe bump into you guys and go for a ride with rifle by my side if you pick that weekend, if not I m working the last sept one, or come over to the teepee for some cold tea.
Sounds good Mark, ya I'll be out hunting very soon as well . I've never thought too much about hunting in this area with all the horseback riders etc. Would also have to check that wmu zone to find out if has any special restrictions.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good Mark, ya I'll be out hunting very soon as well . I've never thought too much about hunting in this area with all the horseback riders etc. Would also have to check that wmu zone to find out if has any special restrictions.
that area is mostly wmu 422 and 428 which is general whitetail buck and some sheep, the rest is draw, We will be hunting 326 for elk and hunting deer in 420, but camping closer to the trunk road so we are close to both zones. You WILL hear us :rolleyes: and you can only carry rifles after noon on atv.

Rev mike

Reaction score
Haven't been quadding out there yet but sleddin in the spring is the best ever!
140 km's from my front door and just as good as any ridin in BC
peace, skis in the air lol

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

First rule of Onion Lake is we don't talk about Onion Lake.

Reactions: CJR

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, loose lips sink ships, as they say. heck there was even some water in the lake, not much but some, very dry out there.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is this located? Me and 296 of my closest friends want to ride here as often as possible

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's by zipper Ur lip creek.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw some guys camped back there just off the quad trail in a canvas trapper tent, very nice set up they had, probably hunting? but looked like a good spot. the area is good for a day ride or so everyonce in a while, just not to often as that is the only trail you have to ride on.

may have to look for one of those tents, could be fun.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where is this located? Me and 296 of my closest friends want to ride here as often as possible
Lot's of room for all of you, you might as well bring another 300 of your not so close friends. I'll see if I get dig up the directions for you.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not really it is a small area we are allowed to ride in. 300 riders would be like standing on hwy #2 at 4:30 on friday. plus there just hasn't been any snow.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw some guys camped back there just off the quad trail in a canvas trapper tent, very nice set up they had, probably hunting? but looked like a good spot. the area is good for a day ride or so everyonce in a while, just not to often as that is the only trail you have to ride on.

may have to look for one of those tents, could be fun.

It's about 95km or so if u do all of it, so it's a lot of riding for one day considering it's a bit rough in spots. I have done it many times in a day, but u got to ride at a faster pace, when u factor in the drive time each way in the trucks to get there & back.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya we rode hummingbird and returned on onion lake trail lessurely ride, about 5-5 1/2 hrs. canary creek is more rocky or was?

Rev mike

Reaction score
Oh hummingbird ? Yeah no, I thought we were talking about some place in northern sask lol
DAR ;(

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya we rode hummingbird and returned on onion lake trail lessurely ride, about 5-5 1/2 hrs. canary creek is more rocky or was?
Be a great October ride I think..

Top Bottom