Omg !!!!!!

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Yeah the owner of the company only wants to promote Yamaha and Polaris. Stuck up bastage. Lol.
I think he is trying to find more room in the stable for additional horses. I know he's not brand loyal. Lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he is trying to find more room in the stable for additional horses. I know he's not brand loyal. Lol
Only makes sense that the number 1 turbo builder would build the new number 1 mountain sled. With Doo and Polaris you may have to find a bigger building.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSS has a "fairly" descent turbo kit for the xm but its just way too inconsistant! im a turbo guy thru and thru but id go with a big bore on the xm. they dont make quite the same hp as boost but the throttle response is second to none and its there every time!
That being said I would love nothing more then to drop my done up apex engine with 20 to 24psi boost in my xm but i think it would twist the piss outta that flimsy chassie! lmao!!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSS has a "fairly" descent turbo kit for the xm but its just way too inconsistant! im a turbo guy thru and thru but id go with a big bore on the xm. they dont make quite the same hp as boost but the throttle response is second to none and its there every time!
That being said I would love nothing more then to drop my done up apex engine with 20 to 24psi boost in my xm but i think it would twist the piss outta that flimsy chassie! lmao!!!
Hey my man Flipper can make it work in a Doo chassis.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking boondocker has the xm best kit.

No?????

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

I know some guys that are VERY happy with the XM boondocker kit. They say it is very linear power. 3/4 throttle you get 3/4boost ext....

NM

Reaction score
I know some guys that are VERY happy with the XM boondocker kit. They say it is very linear power. 3/4 throttle you get 3/4boost ext....
Wouldn't it make more sense to have boost pressure based on engine load like a diesel pickup? If you watch a boost gauge in a pickup, the boost goes up with engine load. That way you can make full boost at 3/4 throttle for towing, pulling hills, etc.

So on a sled in deep pow if the engine is loaded, then you can still make plenty of boost on partial throttle, which is actually more linear than wacking the throttle around to control boost.
At least that's the way our sleds are set up. Works awesome.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't it make more sense to have boost pressure based on engine load like a diesel pickup? If you watch a boost gauge in a pickup, the boost goes up with engine load. That way you can make full boost at 3/4 throttle for towing, pulling hills, etc.

So on a sled in deep pow if the engine is loaded, then you can still make plenty of boost on partial throttle, which is actually more linear than wacking the throttle around to control boost.
If I was ever to turbo a sled, you would be the only person I would go to!!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yea I,ve never ridden one of your sleds,, I'll have to try one out. But its not really the best setup if your riding a cliff line and you give it some gas and your sled is out of control. Some kits are like nothing, nothing,nothing and then BRAAAAAP.... not the easiest thing to control in certain situtions

Last edited:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats exactly how they are suppose to work! my apex can be at 21 psi and only 1/2 or 3/4 throttle when its in super deep heavy powder! which is the way it should be! it keeps the machine managable. if the boost is up and down all the time its very hard to keep it in a straight line or do any fancy manoevering

Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
Yea I,ve never ridden one of your sleds,, I'll have to try one out. But its not really the best setup if your riding a cliff line and you give it some gas and your sled is out of control. Some kits are like nothing, nothing,nothing and then BRAAAAAP.... not the easiest thing to control in certain situtions
Here is a vid of JP making first tracks in to an area where you are only getting in to with 200 plus HP. At least on this particular day. It shows how manageable the throttle is.
Begbie glacier - YouTube

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a vid of JP making first tracks in to an area where you are only getting in to with 200 plus HP. At least on this particular day. It shows how manageable the throttle is.
Begbie glacier - YouTube

I don't doupt it Niel. I,ve heard nothing but good stuff about your kits. The XM boondocker kit is working pretty good too,, I hear from guys that ride 100+ days a year and get paid to do so..

Top Bottom