Old Phazer Budget Rebuild for the Daughter

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
Love the project Twisted... very nice work, hope u make the deadline :)

I learned how to ride on a 98 Phazer Mountain lite took that little sucker all the way back to turbo on a bar track in 2 feet of fresh ! I loved that sled, but just out grew it and mods were too expensive. Was a little young to tackle doing it myself aswell. After the mountain experience we decided to get some paddle tracks, ended up with a 1.5" lug 136, tuned pipe and some reeds. When it came time to sell it went for $2500 i think and it was mint.... Shoulda kept it and made it a hot mod like this 1 guy i seen, had a 1000 cat in his, custom everything, the only stock thing on the sled was the fiberglass hahaha. Did it ever ripe, that was the first sled i ever saw that never needed it's ski's haha, musta been back in 2001.

Thanks Maverick I think she is going to be STOKED... I learned to ride on a 87 exciter modded it every way possible even had a 650 psi gen engine... Wish I still had that just to hang from the rafters... Glad everyone else besides me is enjoying this too..... 2 1/2 days to go.......:eek: More pictures coming!!

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned 2...............:d:d:d:eek:

I think there are a few of us starting to get the feeling that the sled is for us we are so damned excited...This is a good feeling i guess this is what x-mas is truley about , the look on the kids face when they open stuff up

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
I think there are a few of us starting to get the feeling that the sled is for us we are so damned excited...This is a good feeling i guess this is what x-mas is truley about , the look on the kids face when they open stuff up

Thanks 2 it is ONLY ABOUT THE KIDS......:d:d:d:d I couldn't agree more. Chit mine is still waiting to get finished..:eek: But it can wait it is so close.:d

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks 2 it is ONLY ABOUT THE KIDS......:d:d:d:d I couldn't agree more. Chit mine is still waiting to get finished..:eek: But it can wait it is so close.:d

Tell me about it 7 kids 2 grand kids ...it is only about them , but the smiles last a full year:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
tell me about it 7 kids 2 grand kids ...it is only about them , but the smiles last a full year:d

yup, my 14 year old is still grinning ear to ear after building our '04 summitx 800 151".... We're heading out again on saturday for 4 days, and he is almost vibrating he's so excited about sledding in the mountains again.... Its all about the kids....;)

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
Well I'm going to give you guys a sneak preview of the paint..:eek::d:d

CIMG1683.jpg

Last edited:

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
yup, my 14 year old is still grinning ear to ear after building our '04 summitx 800 151".... We're heading out again on saturday for 4 days, and he is almost vibrating he's so excited about sledding in the mountains again.... Its all about the kids....;)

Hope my girl will feel the same at that age Summ.........:d:d Nice work my friend keeping them close. Kids are what we live for.......:d

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
Tell me about it 7 kids 2 grand kids ...it is only about them , but the smiles last a full year:d

Yes they do and all the photos make it so worth it to go back and look.. My baby from a year ago...........:d

Last edited:

uuoody

Reaction score
Wow! I am trying to do a similar thing with an old 89 I had and my brothers long track. Except i turns out both engines are shot, so I had to do a rebuild. The longtrack my brother has has been shedded so the original fiberglass looks awesome, and I'm glad to hear I can get a new track for it. Actually, I won't be doing anything near this in depth, although when my nephews are done with it, I might do something like this for my boy.:beer:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they do and all the photos make it so worth it to go back and look.. My baby from a year ago...........:d

CIMG0799-2.jpg

She sure is a cuttie, must be her MOM.;). A sneek peek, thanx. Im still on pins and needles... "This isnt fair" Hear that in a 5year old voice..lol... Keep going. strange as it sounds i hope you dont have to plow today just so you get'er done:d

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this mean all the parts are back from the paint shop and final assembly begins?

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
She sure is a cuttie, must be her MOM.;). A sneek peek, thanx. Im still on pins and needles... "This isnt fair" Hear that in a 5year old voice..lol... Keep going. strange as it sounds i hope you dont have to plow today just so you get'er done:d

lol 2 should I wait to post the final pictures till Christmas...lol :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes: and yes she does take after her Mom..:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure to take lots of pictures of her initial reaction and from the first ride, if she's half as happy as 2manykids this project will be a success for sure!!!haha

Twisted Boost

Biggest Poster
Reaction score
Does this mean all the parts are back from the paint shop and final assembly begins?

Should be getting a phone call anytime it was ready for clear yesterday afternoon..........:d:d

Top Bottom