Ok, so you like your guns, but why do we have to put up with them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But does it equal less killings? A gun is just a mechanism. After the Oklahoma City bombing they made it more difficult to buy fertilizer. Did that prevent 9/11?

generally yes, usually only one guy stabbed at a time, killed with a hammer, etc. not to say there may not be 2 or more but generally only one. guns on the other hand seems to have multiple deaths. as we have been witnessing lately. and no not all are multiple deaths either, just seems to be more than 2 lately.

now what has 9-11 got to do with fertilizer bombs. hmm yer definitely reaching.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A mechanism that can quickly and efficiently be used to kill a lot of people in a quick time in one location. A knife? no. Smoking? no.

Pretty hard to kill someone now with fertilizer like the Oklahoma bombings... isn't it? (Reaction Mechanism).

They banned a lot of things on airplanes that could lead to another 911. (mechanisms)

But does it equal less killings? A gun is just a mechanism. After the Oklahoma City bombing they made it more difficult to buy fertilizer. Did that prevent 9/11?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow this entire thread is about as useful as a debate on religion between an athiest and a mormon or christian....Good luck trying to convince the other side you are right.

Very interesting to read though. :popcorn:

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow this entire thread is about as useful as a debate on religion between an athiest and a mormon or christian....Good luck trying to convince the other side you are right.

you're right. why don't we all talk about something we can agree on, like why the Pro-ride is the best sled ever made?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm done with it, I've made my points, I'm not going round and round with it anymore.
you're right. why don't we all talk about something we can agree on, like why the Pro-ride is the best sled ever made?
Interesting, would you like to start with an opening statement on why? :d

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is the proverbial slippery slope. It is a whole lot easier to make a fuss about gun control measures before/as they are being brought in than it is to have these laws repealed once they have been enacted. First we restrict some firearms because they are not needed for hunting or sport shooting. Then once that has blown over the powers that be start in on the next "bad gun". Recent history has shown how subsequent governments will change designation of a restricted firearm into a prohibited firearm. This leads to confiscation without compensation.

It isn't always that the proposed law is terrible in itself, it's what it leads to down the road.

I think that the US and Canadian residents are fully justified in questioning the wisdom of knee jerk legislation.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
generally yes, usually only one guy stabbed at a time, killed with a hammer, etc. not to say there may not be 2 or more but generally only one. guns on the other hand seems to have multiple deaths. as we have been witnessing lately. and no not all are multiple deaths either, just seems to be more than 2 lately.

now what has 9-11 got to do with fertilizer bombs. hmm yer definitely reaching.

9-11 and Oklahoma are very relevant. It shows what people are capable of, not inanimate objects. Take away guns and another means will be found. There are too many guns in the world right now to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. So why not allow guns to be placed into the correct hands?

If you were in a place where someone walked in with a gun what would you do? The current laws in Canada basically only ban honest citizens from protecting themselves, the only thing you can do is hope and pray. I am not religious so a SIG 226 would be my choice of defence. Maybe some people who live in a bubble think that extra legislation and the Police can keep them safe. I live in the real world and realize that bad people have existed throughout history and will continue to exist into the future. What I find scary is the amount of bad people who have been elected into power by democracy. Laws do not protect people, people protect themselves, except for in Canada that is.

A mechanism that can quickly and efficiently be used to kill a lot of people in a quick time in one location. A knife? no. Smoking? no.

Pretty hard to kill someone now with fertilizer like the Oklahoma bombings... isn't it? (Reaction Mechanism).

They banned a lot of things on airplanes that could lead to another 911. (mechanisms)

Yes firearms can be used to kill. And sometimes that is the only option someone who is threatened has. So why take away your own rights in order to solve an unsolvable issue. People are the issue. How do you stop someone from committing murder? You stop them in the act. The police can not be everywhere at once so it is up to every parson to protect themselves. I am sorry that I do not believe getting rid of guns will solve the problem.

I can get 30 tons of nitrogen in 2 days. All you have to do is look at a map and give an LSD. Tightening security in parkade of public buildings is what has helped.

And after 9-11 the only thing that actually did any good was putting US Marshals on a plane with a gun. The hijackers took over the plane with olfa knives. The passengers were to scared to do anything because they were defenceless themselves. Look at how much carnage a knife caused.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets disarmed the law abiding citizen. That way the army and the criminals can have all the guns.. safer society right??? How stupid do you have to be to fall for that one

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So they are banning all guns?

Lets disarmed the law abiding citizen. That way the army and the criminals can have all the guns.. safer society right??? How stupid do you have to be to fall for that one

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm ever put into a situation where I need to take another mans life I will do it with my bare hands. A gun will make it less messy but either way someones dying.

I wouldnt, id just find his "hopefully" hot wife and get back at em like that HAHA

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm ever put into a situation where I need to take another mans life I will do it with my bare hands. A gun will make it less messy but either way someones dying.

Use a cam am maverick 101 hp Nuff said....

Top Bottom