Ok, so you like your guns, but why do we have to put up with them.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Playing in a mud hole I agree. Common sense to carry in the high country. You even watched a griz charge someone 30' infront of you and being the good law abiding citizen you are, your gun is in the case unloaded? I have, Not much protection on a quad.

i agree, only i've never been close to a grizzly as they can hear me a mile away. river creek crossings maybe not. still i see more incidents happening with loaded guns than any run in with a grizzly.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never one in the chamber, but one in the tube or clip is okay by me.

loaded clip should be fairly easy to load in fractions of second. no problem, but you may have your buds falling off quads with loaded weapons, chances are small but shheeet happens.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use mine for hunting and target shooting. What do you use them for?

my knee has been twitchin and i haven't taken my meds lately, my mail hasn't arrived yet, so thinkin on pickin up a shooter and goin down and showing my displeasure.

so you use em for hunting(killing something) and target shooting(sighting in to better kill something)
i have no guns is that bad?

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRD;1635490[SIZE=2[SIZE=3 said:
][/SIZE]]I posted the cartoon slowly so you would understand Larry.[/SIZE]
The cartoon wasn't all guns, merely the small amount of deaths actually caused by the "assault rifle" style vs a blunt object. Don't like the numbers, call the FBI, they generated them.
Like it or not, you can't compare gun violence without looking at the socio-economic picture as well. The Swiss have one of the higher rates of evil assault rifle ownership but their gun crime rate is comparatively low. If it was only due to machine guns being in every closet, wouldn't the problem show up for the Swiss as well?

hmm down to throwing out insults are we. don't really think you want to go there donnie. it is usually the first sign of frustration when losing an arguement. swearing and physical threats are usually not long behind.

your one photo shows FBI reference the other some other mom and pop site you found. how can you compare numbers, as i'm sure there are 100 times more hammers in the general public than assault rifles so the numbers should also be 100 times more than you have posted, what happened? maybe hammer owners are more reponsible , or think more before applying the hammer blow than gun owners pulling the trigger. can you please explain that,

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nom nom nom
Nom! I'm thirsty!!!! All this popcorn makes me thirsty haha!

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong ...

that school shoot up in us.
a school teacher single mother of boys has a number of guns including some highpower automatic assult rifles ???

in ozyland gun laws are super strict.
very few gun shootings of this nature since laws changed in 1998 after port arthur ...
but lotza hand gun gang shootings on the rise ???

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who has high power automatic assault rifles? Do you know what an automatic rifle is and exactly who are permitted to possess them?

correct me if I'm wrong ...

that school shoot up in us.
a school teacher single mother of boys has a number of guns including some highpower automatic assult rifles ???

in ozyland gun laws are super strict.
very few gun shootings of this nature since laws changed in 1998 after port arthur ...
but lotza hand gun gang shootings on the rise ???

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I see apple to oranges in your arguments FJ40, A VW beetle with a 1200 cc engine could kill someone. I have met a few gun Enthusiasts,who are absolutely obsessed with their guns, and to be honest, I really don't trust them. Then there are others who are very mindful of the people around them. Kind of like Sledding, quadding sportcars driving etc. There are the responsible ones and then there the parking lot cowboys, who could give a rats ass what you think until they go through the side of your trailer, sled, truck people then they are contrite. Somehow we are going off topic. You are using redirection and subterfuge to win your argument and it is wrong. We are talking about what is suitable for gun control to reduce the potential of accidents and tragedy. Again we could bubblewrap society and make everyone safe-----------for about 20 minutes til people go stark raving bonkers. We all have issues that are near and dear to us that when threatened we say and do things to protect what we think is our divine right. However as a society (majority rules) we have the right to try and make things safer for our future. The wild west is in the past, Time to move forward.

You are talking about what is suitable gun control to reduce the potential for accidents and tragedy but do not want people to change the subject. What if my view of suitable gun control is less gun control? I ask you this, do you have what it takes to use a weapon and murder someone? I do not possess this trait, and nor do 99% of the population. It is the 1% that are capable of atrocious acts that do not follow rules. If they cannot get a gun what is stopping them from making a pipe bomb and walking up to a classroom window and tossing it in? The fact of the matter is there are people that want to see the world burn and there is nothing we can do about it without infringing on the rights of every other sane person.

The gun control lobby is famous for saying “If it saves one life it was worth it.” To that I ask, what if it costs one life? What if one of the people who fell victim to the swarm mobs in Calgary a few years ago believed in carrying a firearm for defense? What if that person obeyed the law just like every one of us and paid the ultimate price because they were denied means to protect themselves for the good of society? The Police solve crimes, they do not prevent crimes. I believe that every person has the right to defend themselves by whatever means necessary.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is this even a discussion??? The US has a totally different gun control than we do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
#1 Please define "high powered weapons".
#3 How will it minimize massacres?

I hate the 'high powered' rhetoric. Im not too familiar with any low powered firearms really. Can anyone name a low powered one? Just another term to sensationalize things. .22 to say .300 and beyond, are all pretty 'high powered' to me.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is this even a discussion??? The US has a totally different gun control than we do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That was my point from the very beginning, I brought this up as I felt that only the pro gun lobby was speaking out, if we as citizens sit meekly by, say and do nothing we are just as guilty as the fuc$#%^ bastard who pulls a trigger and kills people( ok a little dramatic but you get the point). We have as citizens of this country, the right to talk and debate OUR future and our children's futures. If we can't say anything just to avoid the awkwardness of possibly upsetting someone, we are in big trouble. As Canadians, we are accused of being unpatriotic, unpassionate, rather boring in our fervour for our opinions. Bullcrap!!!!! we have strong feeling and opinions about many things, but we generally don't try to shove our opinion down our neighbour's throat. For the most part this was a great discussion.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was my point from the very beginning, I brought this up as I felt that only the pro gun lobby was speaking out, if we as citizens sit meekly by, say and do nothing we are just as guilty as the fuc$#%^ bastard who pulls a trigger and kills people( ok a little dramatic but you get the point). We have as citizens of this country, the right to talk and debate OUR future and our children's futures. If we can't say anything just to avoid the awkwardness of possibly upsetting someone, we are in big trouble. As Canadians, we are accused of being unpatriotic, unpassionate, rather boring in our fervour for our opinions. Bullcrap!!!!! we have strong feeling and opinions about many things, but we generally don't try to shove our opinion down our neighbour's throat. For the most part this was a great discussion.

I'm posting this twice,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25671/Violent-crime-worse-Britain-US.html

Why don't your kids go live in the basically gun free safe havens of UK and Australia.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.

This is exactly what gun control is. One group of society pushing their views on another. My views are Libertarian. I don't care if people smoke pot or do other drugs, I don't care if Gay people get married, I don't care if my neighbour has Putbulls. All I ask in return for allowing others freedome is that I be left alone and we can all be happy.

And in regards to your democracy statement a few posts ago the reason laws like the Second Amendment in the US and our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms exist is to protect people in a democracy. You said majority rules and that is what should be followed. What if 50.1% of people voted in favour of enslaving the other 49.9%? Democracy has its downfalls and that is why we have to follow 250 year old laws. They were written not to be changed easily and to protect the basic rights of every Man, Woman and Child.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok I'll bite,
I believe some Canucks are afraid that our government will follow suit with the assault rifle ban if the US does it.
I've had this discussion at work the other day when a fellow said he saw no point in being able to buy an assault rifle, which in turn lead to a lengthy conversation, which I explained to him if the assault rifle, hand guns etc, were regulated stricter like in Canada a background check may reveal a less amiable person to acquire a restricted weapon. IMO I see no difference in the end Result if a person used a semi auto .223 hunting rifle, or a semi auto .223 AR 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if everyone agrees that citizens should still be allowed to have hunting rifles, my question for the people in favour of gun control is this:

why would we ban assault rifles and hand guns when they will do substantially less damage than the average hunting rifle?

i get a kick out of people saying an mp5 will do more damage than a hunting rifle. or that an ar15 or ak47 is "high powered" when in reality they are relatively small compared to the average hunting rifle. most ar platform rifles are chambered in 5.56 or .223 rem, which in alberta is not even legal to hunt big game with because it is considered too small! the ak, sks, or cz858 are all chambered in 7.62x39 is also smaller than the average hunting cartridge.

and sure people dont NEED semi auto firearms but people also dont need turbos or 80" flatscreens or 400hp trucks but if thats what makes you happy and you put it to good use why shouldnt you be able to have it? there are a lot of benefits to semi autos. it makes a day shooting skeets a heck of a lot better when you only feel half the recoil compared to a pump or over under.

all of the gun related incidents are tragic but to blame guns for them happening is like blaming cars for drunk driving.
there is no control that can be implemented or law made that will make up for human shortcomings and there is no way that guns will ever be taken away from the people that should have them the least, so why would it not make sense to educate, train and prepare the average person, in order to give them the upper hand, in case of the worst??:confused:

Top Bottom