oil tank leeking

Rej

Reaction score
my dad got a yamaha venture 09 and he had is oil tank in the bottom crack did anyone already happen!!!he just got 2000km!!!!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was happening on alot of them. Just take it off. And get someone to weld it up. It was leaking around the bottom oil line bracket thingy. Happened on my nytro. Just get it welded and ur good to go.

Rej

Reaction score
yeah right there!!!!but it better if i take someone to welded it up or just replace by a new one!!!!

Rej

Reaction score
no just finish at december 2009!!!it bad because the oil tank cost 400$!!!so we gonna send a complaint to yamaha!!! I hope it not gonna happen on my Apex!!!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 06 Vector oil tank just started leaking as well, cracked at the bottom mount bracket, 5000kms on it.I'm not buying a new tank as I'm planning on supercharging it this summer, so just patching it till then.

sid vicious

Reaction score
very common...just a flaw in design.
there was a thread on a site sometime ago...not sure where but it involved oversizing the tank mount holes and putting in a rubber aotomotive grommet and then a metal bushing /slash insert. idea was that the orig setup put stress right at the mounting holes and this was the weakest/thinnest area of the tank. google it...easy to find.
regardless,welding it is fine as they are pricey. i would use tig and make sure there is '0' oil in the crack so you get good adhesion.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no just finish at december 2009!!!it bad because the oil tank cost 400$!!!so we gonna send a complaint to yamaha!!! I hope it not gonna happen on my Apex!!!

Haven't heard about it happening to the Apex. I have an '07 and it is still going strong with no leaks........ knock on wood.

Top Bottom