oil sands

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By ch!t show I'm sure you mean things are actually getting done instead of elections every two years and the conservatives giving up their morales to get things to pass

I hope that he uses his majority to benefit all Canadians but my gut feeling is that he is not on the same page as we in the West think he is. This article is just the beginning. As for morals, you mean these kind of morals?

Canada leaves oilsands pollution rise from UN report :nono:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
yes but everything in perspective....

The oilsands produce 5% of canada's carbon emmissions

Canada produces 1.9% of global carbon emmissions

I'm not saying we can't strive to do better but elimination of 100% of the greenhouse gas emmissions from the oil sands would remove 0.1% of the total global emmissions... I think the Canadian Government allong with the global watchdogs should be looking at bigger producers....

Just sayin...

I hope that he uses his majority to benefit all Canadians but my gut feeling is that he is not on the same page as we in the West think he is. This article is just the beginning. As for morals, you mean these kind of morals?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not quite sure how this is the conservatives fault when it was published by Environment Canada...

He's and Alberta Boy and he's worked for the oil companies so I can't see him trying to give our oilsands away.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes but everything in perspective....

The oilsands produce 5% of canada's carbon emmissions

Canada produces 1.9% of global carbon emmissions

I'm not saying we can't strive to do better but elimination of 100% of the greenhouse gas emmissions from the oil sands would remove 0.1% of the total global emmissions... I think the Canadian Government allong with the global watchdogs should be looking at bigger producers....

Just sayin...

I totally agree but we all have to do our best to reduce emissions but purposely leaving this info out sure gives the wrong picture imo. Also, Canada has always been a leader to do what is right but this sure does not give us any credibility. Anyway, it is unrealistic to expect that the oil sands will be "environmentally friendly" but we have to do better and lead by example.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure how this is the conservatives fault when it was published by Environment Canada...

He's and Alberta Boy and he's worked for the oil companies so I can't see him trying to give our oilsands away.

Environment Canada = Federal Government = Harper.

Dont kid yourself about Harper being an Alberta Boy. He is now in politics and in power so he will do what is best for himself and the party to stay in control. To stay in control you need support from the east. It is only human nature. And I dont think he is trying to give the oilsands away he is simply trying to control them and not Alberta hence the reason why your premier has to speak loud and clear to remind the Federal government of that.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally agree but we all have to do our best to reduce emissions but purposely leaving this info out sure gives the wrong picture imo. Also, Canada has always been a leader to do what is right but this sure does not give us any credibility. Anyway, it is unrealistic to expect that the oil sands will be "environmentally friendly" but we have to do better and lead by example.

I agree with that. We gotta do something but we can't expect the oil sands to be 100% green.

I think with a majority we should be able to make strides toward a more green country. Maybe not as much as with a liberal leadership but the oil companies will keep drilling with a conservative majority

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I agree with that. We gotta do something but we can't expect the oil sands to be 100% green.

I think with a majority we should be able to make strides toward a more green country. Maybe not as much as with a liberal leadership but the oil companies will keep drilling with a conservative majority

Not sure I trust thier economic forthought.....

but the NDP would shut the whole country down until the social system imploded on itself and sweden decides to mark it's conflict free & neutral 200years by invading canada in 2014 out of pitty.......

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure I trust thier economic forthought.....

but the NDP would shut the whole country down until the social system imploded on itself and sweden decides to mark it's conflict free & neutral 200years by invading canada in 2014 out of pitty.......

NDP = :eek::eek::eek::eek:

just my cents :beer:

Top Bottom