Oil in 2011 850XP airbox?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, on a side note, I had my quad out for an idling session and picked up RPM gradually a few times, let it cool down and checked the box. No oil on the new filter. Must be due to steep angles.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the can-am's, the crankcase breather hose goes from the engine to the air box. Its mounted into the air box and is just an open hole..

When your bike is running it breathes out hot oil vapor and when the engine is cooling it sucks cold air into the engine as it cools...

Can-am has no restrictions in the hose. its open in the air cleaner box and enters the engine in the same manner...

When you dump your machine on the left side the oil runs from your crankcase into your air box.. Everytime you your crankcase breather hose at the angle where it can run into the hose and into your air box, it creates a mess...

this is how i solve the problem... you get some pcv clear hose that fits snug into the hole in your air box and silicone it in the hole.. then make a few coils and tie strap them and on the other end you put a very small k and n filter on..

problem solved for ever..... no more oil coming up and as dirt and dust collect at the open hole, there is the possiblity of dust and bits of dirt getting sucked down the breather hose as your engine cools.... this can get into your bearings and wipe your motor... this mod stops dirt entering your motor.

Attachments

• Dyno Day April 18  -19 2011 005.JPG
    Dyno Day April 18 -19 2011 005.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom