Honourable Shannon Phillips,
Minister of Environment and Parks
208 Legislature Building
10800 - 97 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5K 2B6
Date:

Subject: CASTLE PARKS DRAFT MANAGEMENT PLAN OBJECTION

Dear Honorable Minister,

As a Responsible OHV user for the last 20 years, I am writing to express my concern regarding your government’s proposed Castle Park Draft Management Plan. When Castle Parks was announced, this government had told myself and the public that OHV access would remain.

I believe than banning OHV access in Castle is unfair to the many responsible OHV users that use and enjoy this area. I enjoy many types of outdoor activities with my friends and family and we respect our environment, and feel that we are being excluded from the new Castle Parks and punished because we ride OHV’s. I do not believe excluding or banning an activity is ever a solution to any problem. Cars are still allowed on roads even with speeders and drunk drivers.

I wrote this letter to ask you to please keep OHV access in the Castle Parks as was originally stated would happen. I also would ask you to work and consult with the organizations, clubs and groups to manage these trails - and create a park for all Albertans to share and enjoy.

Can you please reply to me by email.

Sincerely,

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend people BCC their emails to either Pat Stier (livingstone.macleod@assembly.ab.ca) or Brian Jean (fortmcmurray.conklin@assembly.ab.ca) of the Wildrose.

This will ENSURE their emails are delivered and read to the environment minister.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend people BCC their emails to either Pat Stier (livingstone.macleod@assembly.ab.ca) or Brian Jean (fortmcmurray.conklin@assembly.ab.ca) of the Wildrose.

This will ENSURE their emails are delivered and read to the environment minister.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

Why BCC instead of CC?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why BCC instead of CC?

Either is good. I did bcc.

These are just ideas of letters.

I added some extra stuff to my letter.

I think any coounucation from a sled or quad rider is important

If they want to stop quads, sleds are next

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a e mail reply that my e mail arrived at the minister office.

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So question from a outside Alberta province person

Why does it seem Asa and aohva either oppose each other and or don't like each other

When both need to join and fight this crap going on, put your sh!t aside Asa and aohva for one United voice

sent while drinking tea's

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So question from a outside Alberta province person

Why does it seem Asa and aohva either oppose each other and or don't like each other

When both need to join and fight this crap going on, put your sh!t aside Asa and aohva for one United voice

I think opposed might be a strong word. They're just not cooperating very effectively.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think opposed might be a strong word. They're just not cooperating very effectively.
Not from what I seen and have heard from lots of people

Mabe they are tolerating each other, but they are not 100 % together

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, any one else care to enlighten me and the others that wonder

Or is it to riske to say something for someone from either group

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And something else,

Seeing as this will close some sled area off the map

Where is the extra voice from sledders on this, whether you quad,sxs,bike or not, it's just the start of stuff being closed

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yuppers as the thread states,,, OHV/Snowmobile Lobby Group Time...

We can all "Hope" that there is a change of minds at the GOA level in the days too come over this Castle Area Park plan.

Shannon Phillips did mention on the Ryan Jespersen show that their government is considering an over haul along the "full length of the whole Eastern Slopes of our Province."

This was her words as its directed too OHV, SNOWMOBILES, HORSE, HIKING, CAMPING, FISHING, HUNTUNG and all user groups including LOGGING, OIL, COAL, ect..... As the list gose on.

The buzz is running on many other forums as well as the ASA "Alberta Snowmobile Association" as they attended the Belairmore Crows Nest Pass meeting a few days ago.

A few ASA members were at the Wetaskiwin meet as a few will be at the Lethbridge rally today.

I/we only hope that others lurking join in when a lobby group is astablish here in our Province or beyond if we choose to consider a Provincial or National party,,, both might be wize for all interested groups.

A concession of "ALL" must be at the fore-front, no group gets left behind.

2nd... We need to tear down the walls of division as its wize to build bridges that looks at the "Big Picture Over All."
We might think that lobby group idea rocks as it too comes with hitch-pins "metaphorically speaking" as its hard for some too give up on they said this and that as this is what happened... "in-house puzzles" of this for that.

No free gravy train "if" Either system comes into play.

Many are on board with the L group idea, and on lockers await too see how "we" play this out.

AOHVA group is here in our Province, and it would be nice if they give us direction specific too consider them as the "all in folks" too head up this man date.

I dreamed about calling a meeting in Edmonton first, followed by Calgary, then the other cities with in the Province.

My time is free when road ban time comes, but these meeting halls are costly.
If I had the time right now, ld be sending out emails too all the Alberta groups, but work has me pinned down at the moment.

Quad Squad, Rocky Mountain House riders, Lac Saint Ann, Alberta Snowmobile Association, Grade Prairie group, Hinton and Calgary, Alberta Dual Sport, Red Deer and Calgary off road group, and many motorcycle off road groups.
It's a big task too get this going, but either my self along with others will find a way to look at Lobby group idea forward.

PS:This is the dream idea, just need some ideas and time too pitch this too general public.

One plus that showed up is Ryan Jespersen, and I'm lucky too know a few in industry that would kind Hartley assist in an under taking like this with their support.

Massive hill too climb yes, doable fore sure.

Don on evolving ideas forward.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello too all the brothers and sisters here on S&M.

This has been quite a year with ideas of AWA "Alberta Wilderness Association and Friends of the West that are voicing their concerns too the government in charge.

I'm guessing that they would like to see OHV's and Snowmobling restricted or removed from the Alberta Eastern Slopes from Crows Nest Pass up too Hinton Alberta." maybe that is."

I'm putting an idea forward on S&M if it's worth our time and effort too consider looking into a one time voice that can lobby for our rights in at the government level as they do in the USA.

I'm putting this idea out there too see how many folks here on S&M might consider a lobby group of sorts.

Snowmobiles and OHV's under one umbrella we could say.

As we all know lately is 2 areas in Alberta came up on the government spot light this year.
Nordegg Alberta and now Crows Nest Pass that is considering banning all units in the next few months over a period of 3 years give or take.

A lobby group idea will only work with numbers, active people, and funds.
With out the above it won't happen, and all of us "could" see ramifications of not getting this going sooner.

One only needs to look at Abraham Lake as it closed trails by mistake from day one, then slowly over the years closed off more like the North Ram due to "erosion" and never put our off highway registration fund back into our sport.

I'm guessing that this is what the registration funds were put into affect for in the first place.

This thread is too put the feelers out there too find out if considering an Alberta OHV/ Snowmobile Lobby Group idea is worth the time and effort now that many USA and a few other Countries are thinking the same thing.

I'm a small town dude with limited know-who of knowledge at this stuff, but my long time family has been active at this kinda stuff in Alberta at building up communities, towns and cities of the like.

Maybe a lobby group is in order for the years too come, or maybe not,,, "doo-noo."

Please feel free too post yha or nay if one thinks the time is right.

Lem votes yes. What's other folks idea on this, and is it even worth having meetings on it at all the major city's with in our province of Alberta.

PS: This is only an idea that I'm throwing out there. Wasn't going too put up the thread, but like my pops said,,, you won't know unless you ask.
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Summer/IMG_0527_zpsncateqat.jpg[/URL]
Agreed.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And something else,

Seeing as this will close some sled area off the map

Where is the extra voice from sledders on this, whether you quad,sxs,bike or not, it's just the start of stuff being closed

The management plan for the Castle area already includes the exclusion of sledders.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The management plan for the Castle area already includes the exclusion of sledders.
I understand that, but if this goes through and they keep going north, then it will effect all party's more

And I don't see much for opposition from the sled groups, or even sled guys

Snow and mud, members, including the mods, it seems is 75 % snow and 25 % mud

A few members and I have been talking about this, and DO NOT SEE THE HELP OR INTEREST from most of the sled heads on this site

Unfortunately sled heads, if this goes, it will affect you down the road I can guarantee it, so speak up now and help out

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone heard word of any rallies planned for the legislature grounds in Edmonton? Maybe try to organize it to fill the grounds with ohvs? Just a thought. I'd be willing to help but my time right now does not allow full planning of said venture

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legislative grounds idea could be part of the mix too.

Today I finish off my letters and get on board with our local group.

All from my office above the 6000 ft range as there ain't no critters up here this time of winter.

Don

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Let them have 2000 e mails

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

Ray, they probably have someone that reviews the emails and only puts through ones that are for the bans. This is the NDP and you know how they work. I think we have need to go deal with this by hand delivered letters and hand written petitions. We need to rally and show up at her office with large groups. it's only a shot as they don't listen to the general public anyway. they have there own agenda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a contact of mine at the rally, looks like a good turn out so far, he says castle will be the hardest to push through but the way north is already in The works to be pushed through! Sorry but this is our Alamo so to speak

Top Bottom