OHV/Snowmobile Lobby Group Time

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few questions the minister should be asked ,For example :

Has she done a cost analysis study .. To See the financial impact this causes?
What are the results of the input from all stakeholders
In terms of for or against ?
Who pays for the tens of thousands of $$ of materials labour that is now wasted in regards to trails in the area already ?
Will those same volunteers be available in a so called " new area " to ride ?
Why is it only OHV cause erosion , when there is overwhelming evidence industry in similar areas creating far far more erosion ?
Why was there no analysis of the previous plans put forward made public / and the reason for completely ignoring them ?
Would you be prepared to put money aside from a user pay system to fund

ONLY back country / OHV use and stay out of general

revenue ....yes or no ?

These are questions that should of been asked ....
Rather than blaming the previous government .... For ten minutes of wasted oxygen !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On January 20th, the Alberta Government announced it’s draft with intention to BAN all OHV access (Summer & Winter) to all trails & backroads including the 1300km presently maintained by local clubs in the Castle area. The Crowsnest Pass Quad Squad, Hillcrest Fish and Game, and many users, stakeholders and associations in Alberta - are all concerned about this proposed draft management plan which proposes to phase out OHV use.

Castle, represents 1 of the 5 large major areas for OHV trail riding in Alberta. This Alberta Government, put forth an amendment draft to the 2014 South Saskatchewan Regional Plan, and seemingly without balanced stakeholder consultation and economic impact study performed to date – has reversed the inclusion of OHV access from the original SSRP.

As this amendment follows the intentions of the numerous Environmental Lobby Groups pushing for banning of OHV along the Rocky Mountains, we believe that we need to stand together to support Responsible OHV use and trails to prevent the loss of our recreation in these areas.

We are hosting an OHV Stakeholder Meeting, in which we will be providing:

Background Presentation and Information details on this issue.
Participate in the Live broadcast of the QuadSquad Town Hall meeting. (see attached)
Take your input, concerns and recommendations on these issues to send a strong message to the Government requesting consultation with the stakeholders and affected users. We will use your input to provide a consolidated list to send to the Alberta Government.
Contact information & Petition information to have your voice heard.

We believe that the Government has not given this topic proper allowances for input into the draft management plan, allowing only 60 days to do so which means that this draft may come into the actual plan on March 20th, 2017. We need to act quickly to have our voices heard.

We have chairs for 60, room for 100. Please bring a foldup chair if coming in groups. To ensure room, please RSVP to one of us below, and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Meeting will start at 7pm sharp, with Live broadcast beginning at 7:30pm. Use side door if arriving after 7.00pm. Meeting Address: Hi-line Polaris 4715-39 Ave, Wetaskiwin.

Hope to see you on the 7th !

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will post a form letter we can use today.

With attached e mail addresses.

The meeting was good in Wetaskwin

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will post a form letter we can use today.

With attached e mail addresses.

The meeting was good in Wetaskwin

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

It was recommended to us not to use a form letter. ...otherwise, it pretty much becomes a petition. That said, a form letter is better than no letter at all.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It was recommended to us not to use a form letter. ...otherwise, it pretty much becomes a petition. That said, a form letter is better than no letter at all.

I think the point that was really driven home was MAIL the letters in, do NOT email them...... send paper copies.

And yes, if you can form your OWN opinion and write your OWN letter it goes further than a form letter..... I don't expect many to do that however

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As posted by the AOHVA...

letter tips.png

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see the big guy get involved !
That is so refreshing to actually have some one who actually listens / rather than just say they do ..,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a Alberta trail pass fee when we come up with a fair number $$$.

Combined all user groups of motorized travel. "All" under one umbrella.

And forward these trail fees to a provincial or federal off highway group that can use these funds too lobby, start an off road education program, and funds for trail repairs, maintenance and interaction of new ones.

Some funds might go too habitat, fishing programs, some forest reclamation and a few other ideas that others might come up with.

A off road lobby group might consider this idea as it shows we "All" care about our environment. And the masses of us do.

Arff got the clean up the West Country Thread going and we must all continue with posts of quality clean up's and photos of jobs well done.

The Snowmobile folks have alot at stake in this along with off road Jeep and general public as us in the OHV world,,, hunting, fishing, trapping, out-fitters and the others alike.

Would be wize for all of us too dream about this as changes are soon too come, these changes might not be in any of our favours the way this Castle Area is playing out.

Pops said we'd better get our qooq in a scoop soon or we will be looking at dust as the wagon disappear into the horizon.

Just throwing this out there as I'll do what I can with cash, over time hours, trail stuff.

What's the point in having a job if we can't spend the funds camping, hunting, fishing and sight seeing.

Don

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the point that was really driven home was MAIL the letters in, do NOT email them...... send paper copies.

And yes, if you can form your OWN opinion and write your OWN letter it goes further than a form letter..... I don't expect many to do that however

Any letter is better than none

Sleds , quads, sxs's are effected

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone been able to put a form letter up that people can use? i tried! not successful. i agree with arff even a form letter/e-mail is better than sitting here doing the roundy round.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Working on getting a form letter.

Just waiting for a reply to my e mail.

Yes anything better than zero

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let them have 2000 e mails

Val Senio
Royal LePage
780-405-9359

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a form letter, i just can't downsize it enough to post it. beyond my puter pay scale.

likely should be some sort of approval made?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have mailed out 5 to notley and 5 to phillips, 1 for each in my household.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree too email and paper trail, then follow up with a why I've not received reply too "my" questions as the GOA must reply back.

Stay calm and remain duedilagens kind as us out door folks are kind and human folks.

Address the disappointment of OHV closer "idea" that Shannon Phillips is suggesting apon the idea that Alberta conservation staff, folks in the Crows Nest Pass, cattle ranchers, fishing and hunting folks as well as most outfitters that all rely on the use of OHV units with in each of their activities in the Castle Area.

Stress that Most OHV folks are respectful and there are only a limited few that disrupt it for the rest of us in a sport and activities as above.

All so it would be nice too keep the awesome trail network that is there in place and improve on it there and all along the Eastern Slopes of Alberta so all user group folks near and far can enjoy it for years to come.

Tourism is the return on investment over the long haul that will support the communities in Southern Alberta Saskatchewan and BC as these funds keep the lights turned on "so" too speak of.

Add what you like and consider key words of direct and clearly state why with passion in mind and hart too our hands that hold the pen.

Keep it simple, direct too point and tell them as it is on how you think and feel.

Manitoba English all the way brothers and sisters.

Add why it's important to have the Castle Area and many other areas like it for the interest of "ALL USER GROUPS ALIKE."

Don at game plan and beyond before I throw my hat into a fire. LOL.

Top Bottom