OHV/Snowmobile Lobby Group Time

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome Tyler as you did a spot on job.

Good on you and Ryan for sharing in the passion.

You guys rock.

Big thanks too Arff for getting the clean and repair thread going last year.

Hats off to all.

Don

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Tylerg does snowandmud.com proud.... Attago, tyler.

Shannon phillips blamed the previous govt 3 times while whe was interviewed on 630 ched, and yet she's been at the helm for 2 years now, and still nothing.... The "no democracy party" cant be gone soon enough!!!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job T ..
Phillips idea of cooperating is to close it down without even consulting with the volunteers that spent countless hours putting plans together ...
She sounded like an NDP infomercial ...lol
If the previous gov did nothing .. Why have the minister not Utilized the advice of the current studies ? Obviously you are not practising what you preach ... Thanks NDP .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I spoke with Chris Brooks this morning and it soulds like he wants to get a spot on Jespersens show as well

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Keep up the pursuit... Don't let this die off now... Keep on badgering jespersen... I've seen pics of some of the rivers and creeks that the jeep club has damaged and it's not pretty. Jespersen does have an older jeep that he likes to beat on

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep up the pursuit... Don't let this die off now... Keep on badgering jespersen... I've seen pics of some of the rivers and creeks that the jeep club has damaged and it's not pretty. Jespersen does have an older jeep that he likes to beat on

Quads/side by sides are no better when it comes to rivers and creeks. It's about self policing, and starting to speak up to these abusers.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think you want Jesperson and his radio show as an ally ....not finger pointing that his jeep club....

Here is a guy in the media who is part off the off-roading community.....he is not afraid to say and admit the damage being done by his group and others....he is a proponent of proper management and policing.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finger pointing one group out is what the government wants. Big wheel, quads, sxs,s ,sled, horse, bike ,hikers all infighting.
Perfect all hate each other.

Need a single voice of a large uniform group who ride in Alberta and spend in Alberta.

A solid group will go way farther.

Back country fee perfect : Everyone, sled, quad, sxs, camper, tent, hike, walk, bike, motorbike. No free use for anyone group or person.

Look at the trash left on lakes by ice fishermen.

Next ban ice fishing.

Self Policing is a great start.

We have already , thread on trail maintenance, cleaning up other people's camps , etc etc.

Having a good working relationship with RCMP and ESRD (or other name they use) is very important.

Just my opionion.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i missed this. is there a web site with the interview et? thanks.

good to the hear the folks up north are starting to chime in. was talking to my brother about the castle issue last Saturday, and he says he had not heard anything, radio or TV.

ps. was just on the following website again. some really interesting FACTS regarding castle, and how the NDP has started the ball rolling in their favour in giving them more power for all environmental matters concerning public lands.

check out the blogs/info section, and please sign the petition if you have not already.

Castle Parks – SAVE CASTLE PARKS AS MULTI-USE

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the link to the shows.

Scroll the page below too access

Day 1 is Stan interview.
Feb 1st at 11 & 11:30 for part 1.

Scroll up too part 2
Feb 2nd for part 2
10 and 10:30.

Part 3 today is
Feb 3 at 10am.

The Ryan Jespersen Show | 630 CHED - Edmonton Breaking News, Traffic, Weather and Sports Radio Station

All 3 days are on the page bellow.
I would of copy and pasted each talk, but I'm not key-board junky dude with 2 left thumbs.

Lem at seeing the crown lands as a whole too all user groups.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's the link to the shows.

Scroll the page below too access

Day 1 is Stan interview.
Feb 1st at 11 & 11:30 for part 1.

Scroll up too part 2
Feb 2nd for part 2
10 and 10:30.

Part 3 today is
Feb 3 at 10am.

The Ryan Jespersen Show | 630 CHED - Edmonton Breaking News, Traffic, Weather and Sports Radio Station

All 3 days are on the page bellow.
I would of copy and pasted each talk, but I'm not key-board junky dude with 2 left thumbs.

Lem at seeing the crown lands as a whole too all user groups.
Thanks Don!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a long post I was going to throw up about Shannon Phillips, but I'll save it for an in person chat with her since not too be disrespectful too her on a public forum as she failed to answer the questions Ryan asked.

Listening to the chat 2 more times allows me to think "Ahhhhhh, Ahhhhhh, and Ahhhhhh" of a Right Honourable Minister in Shannon's position.

Hummmmm is all I can think of after listening too her ramblings.

I ain't book smarts, but gifts of gab I at least work at, hopefully she gets another interview with Ryan Jespersen as it would be nice for "all" Albertans too hear what she missed out on and what she failed to "not" say.

With all due respect "I/we" await too hear and see if Shannon Phillips is "truly" open too what the OHV and Snowmobiling folks have too say as well.

Thanks again Tyler, spot on from the cuff. Hart Spark that blasted threw the radio waves. Ha.

I'd a fumbled the foot ball from the get go, glad you were quarter backing that game.

Don

collin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres an idea of the USA Lobby group and story of why it came into play.

They did a bang up job for the Arizona folks as it has helped their tourism industry in many ways. 9 other states as well.

Power sports dealer ships, after-market distributors, service stations, hotels, restaurants, cities and towns, and the state as a whole.

Maybe Alberta's group if formed would be much like it if folks show interest in something like this here.

Takes numbers in people too make it happen and ideas as well.

Wished I'd had a chance to go too school too learn this stuff, but hey, there are some wize folks that recreation this Province that can share ideas that could shine a light on something like this here.

Lem

A few years back, I spent three weeks riding the Paiute Trail system. Even in that time span, I did not put a dent into the total mileage available. It was interesting to learn that Marysvale and several other small towns (Circleville, Junction) along Highway 89 were given an economic second life as the trial system was developed. Off-roading is now an industry for these towns and the people. Riders from all over the US and Canada come to the area to enjoy the many miles of trails. Rules for use are pretty well common sense, and there is a "Citizens Patrol" that also aids in insuring the rules are followed. Utah charges $10 or $20 for a year long trail permit ( which is also honored in other states).

The point being that it takes a dedicated group (not splinter groups) to lobby and obtain the cooperation of government and private industry to establish something like this. It is doable. The riders win, the environment issues are addressed and the nearby communities win.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I had a long post I was going to throw up about Shannon Phillips, but I'll save it for an in person chat with her since not too be disrespectful too her on a public forum as she failed to answer the questions Ryan asked.

Listening to the chat 2 more times allows me to think "Ahhhhhh, Ahhhhhh, and Ahhhhhh" of a Right Honourable Minister in Shannon's position.

Hummmmm is all I can think of after listening too her ramblings.

I ain't book smarts, but gifts of gab I at least work at, hopefully she gets another interview with Ryan Jespersen as it would be nice for "all" Albertans too hear what she missed out on and what she failed to "not" say.

With all due respect "I/we" await too hear and see if Shannon Phillips is "truly" open too what the OHV and Snowmobiling folks have too say as well.

Thanks again Tyler, spot on from the cuff. Hart Spark that blasted threw the radio waves. Ha.

I'd a fumbled the foot ball from the get go, glad you were quarter backing that game.

Don
I also was not impressed with Minister Phillips interview. Lots of blame on previous government but no speak as to how things are going to be handled going forth. Lots of ummm. Her and Trudeau went to same speaking school I think

morerpmfred

Reaction score
There are a few jeep groups from Calgary/crowsnest pass that would love to be part of this group.
What we need is a good leader to get things going.
Pretty sure Ryan wheels his jeep in the pass every summer.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounded like anNDP infomercial !!!
If all she can do is blame the prior government , rather than listen to the stakeholders and come up with a suitable better plan than the cons did ...

Why did we end up here then ?
I have lived through an NDP gov. , and if you trust them or think you can rely on them to make rational informed decisions ...,dream on !
Btw , she got off way too easy in that interview .. Disappointing !! To say the least ...

Good luck !!.... You will need it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom