Off season mods

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats the scoop? What are you all doing to your ETEC's over the summer months in preparation for this coming season? I havnt really touched mine until a few days ago.

so far I have picked up some scratchers and a 5 piece vent kit and I also ordered new black bottom panels to replace the orange ones. next on my list is a DJ clutch kit, 2.5" track, anodize my rails black and get a new seat cover. I am not a fan of the orange anymore, so im going all black and white, and might end up doing a custom linenine decal kit. The only other thing I was looking at was a set of Better Boards, or something equivalent or better.

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whats the scoop? What are you all doing to your ETEC's over the summer months in preparation for this coming season? I havnt really touched mine until a few days ago.

so far I have picked up some scratchers and a 5 piece vent kit and I also ordered new black bottom panels to replace the orange ones. next on my list is a DJ clutch kit, 2.5" track, anodize my rails black and get a new seat cover. I am not a fan of the orange anymore, so im going all black and white, and might end up doing a custom linenine decal kit. The only other thing I was looking at was a set of Better Boards, or something equivalent or better.

From what i heard from a Camoplast rep. is that there will be a new track out and will ship end of October. 156"x16x3" Camo Extreme. So i will be throwing one of these on the Etec, and DJ Kit i think. Other than that i dont find these things need much of anything.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would going to a 3" rob much power? would anything need to be changed to run a 3"

You need to get 7T 3.00P drivers installed and grind down some rivets in the tunnel.

From what i have been reading on the 162" 3" track, People are saying the power that it does rob are made up in more than noticible changes in traction.

Being a 156" i dont think much would change, Lose a little track speed and gain a whole lot of traction/Fun factor. Just make sure your Limiter strap is Tightened up.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to get 7T 3.00P drivers installed and grind down some rivets in the tunnel.

From what i have been reading on the 162" 3" track, People are saying the power that it does rob are made up in more than noticible changes in traction.

Being a 156" i dont think much would change, Lose a little track speed and gain a whole lot of traction/Fun factor. Just make sure your Limiter strap is Tightened up.

Wheely monster! I'm sure the etec shouldn't have a problem running that track.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sending the 2011 back to Martin Motor Sports and pickin up the 2012 ! yeeehaw !

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its simple, just tell her you will lose more money in the long run if you keep it with depreciation, mods etc. After two years you will loose 7 grand, trade it in and you only pay the difference. Give flemmmmmming a call at Martin.

Its really for the good of the family in the long term............:p

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a modded dragon to keep up to a stock etec, no harm in that
haha. Never been up against an Etec..... They're all to scared. Plus I better throw a tow rope in to yank those Etecs out of the backcountry. What are they for stock HP?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha. Never been up against an Etec..... They're all to scared. Plus I better throw a tow rope in to yank those Etecs out of the backcountry. What are they for stock HP?

163 stock.
Why would you have to pull one out of the back country? Very solid engine imo.

sent from my phone while I'm at work

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive ran against a clutch kit and piped dragon, and pro. my etec pulled the hill quicker everytime we tried. only machine that i ran with that outran me was a turbo apex that ive went head to head with. up until 2011 the etec in stock form was king, now with the 2012 cats, im not sure, we will find out soon enough

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive ran against a clutch kit and piped dragon, and pro. my etec pulled the hill quicker everytime we tried. only machine that i ran with that outran me was a turbo apex that ive went head to head with. up until 2011 the etec in stock form was king, now with the 2012 cats, im not sure, we will find out soon enough
the thing that I like about the cats is that they're cheap power and it's all warranty with aftermarket cat parts. Because your turbos warranty from cat, and cat is also selling a chip for the turbos for $500, it sopposibly bumps it up to 300 ponies , plus you still got warranty, Some guy that snowchecked on was telling me that. But theirs always a trial session for new things so who knows.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea man i hear ya on the cats. still stoked on my etec. was throwing around the idea of having a turbo nytro as my back up second sled, keep my etec stock since it still is tonnes of fun, and have the nytro for those "days" and then the wife and I could both go out. the thing ive never liked about Arctic cat is their fit and finish on controls switches guages and what not, all just seems so plain and cheap

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea man i hear ya on the cats. still stoked on my etec. was throwing around the idea of having a turbo nytro as my back up second sled, keep my etec stock since it still is tonnes of fun, and have the nytro for those "days" and then the wife and I could both go out. the thing ive never liked about Arctic cat is their fit and finish on controls switches guages and what not, all just seems so plain and cheap
nytro's are heavy though arean't they? more of a point and shoot sled from what I've heard. But slap a turbo on it and it will fly up the hills, plus 4-strokers handle turbos alot better than 2-strokes:cool:

Top Bottom