Off Brand ATV'S

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody run those off brand atv's (Moose, Jianje?). If so what are your opinions of them, do they run with the brand names?.
I guess what I'm asking are they good bang for the buck or are they a case of you get what you pay for?

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what size you are looking for. My dad and uncle buy and sell the smaller ones and has had great luck when they are 110 or under.

They tried a few of the full size ones and have had nothing but headaches and refuse to get any more in. They figure they lost money on about half the full size ones after fixing problems and dealing with issues.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Well could be any worse than a Polaris:p.......I haven't tried any myself but the think "ftguy" runs one try him

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank's guy's, where would I be able to find these reviews?

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do own 2 of the chase 500's. Had some issues with one but dealer was great and responded to the issues. The other one has run beuatifully. We go on rides all over the province and never have had to be towed out. Good in all terrain winter and summer. PM me if you have any specific questions

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The brother and sister inlaw ride the moose 500 version they have not had to much problems the plastic front ends dont last to long when you hit a tree lol

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I do own 2 of the chase 500's. Had some issues with one but dealer was great and responded to the issues. The other one has run beuatifully. We go on rides all over the province and never have had to be towed out. Good in all terrain winter and summer. PM me if you have any specific questions

which "off brand" do you run ftguy?

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
which "off brand" do you run ftguy?

I got the Motobishi Chase 500 cc. Essentially they are a grizzly frame with a Suzuki engine and transmission (CVT). Diffs and axles are yamaha knock off but have had zero problems with drivetrain. Other small things like QC on nuts and bolts being loose. Admittidly they Quality of Plastic and steel is lesser than North American (brittle and breaks) but I knew that going into it as I was buying 2 machines (myself and the wife) so was looking at $15,000 vs. $21,000 to $22,000.

They can be upgraded and mods are available just like the other imports (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki) and I have installed Dalton Clutch, Dynojet, 26" Swamplights, Highlifter lift Kit on one with no problems. Going to try and pipe it next and see what happens.

Overall happy with purchase considering the 5-7 thousand saved.

TG- they were the 2 red ones under the tent on Saturday at the Show and Shine.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I also saw a Midwest there, have been looking at their website quite a bit, but till the business gets busier I'm gonna have to wait to buy one.

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have test driven the Midwest and for all intensive purposes "Grizzly 700" no power steering. Added the pipe and Holy S**t does it go. and really reasonably priced in comparison

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the relative call them the mooses were with us on the last rally no problems except the sister inlaw hit another tree shes going to have to get her glasses checked it was a pretty big one

cr450f

Reaction score
My dad just bought a 2010 Motobishi 800 Raptorex. and my friend has a razor and the Motobishi walked all over it, it does have some flaws such as small screws/ pop rivets are falling out, the heat shield over the header rattles, the digital fuel gauge doesn't work, the passenger seatbelt buckle is missing, the sway bars kinda make it feel to stiff but can easily be removed, and it is hard to find aftermarket parts for it like exhausts and etc. the perks are it does have a can am 800 v twin(off-make... i guess) the seats are very comfortable, and it rides just as smooth as a rhino or razor. and the front and back are easy on the eyes as well lol.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle has a 08 motobishi(not sure exactly which one) and he has had pretty good luck with it. It definatly rips, he had a snow blade on it this year and worked great for him. As far as durability and dependability though our 650Brute Force beats him. Hes put a lot more money into his with maintenance and repairs. Overall he is happy what he paid for though. His opinion is he got what he paid for and next time he will probably go with a respectable brand.

Top Bottom