oem doo belts or aftermarket

scronky donk

Reaction score
does anyone have any experiance good or bad with aftermarket belts? i ride a summit xp '10 and just curious if i should stick with the stock belts or try the cheaper dayco ultimax 3 belts?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my experience, you get what you pay for. The doo ones will definitely last longer, but the dayco ones aren't horrible either.

sent from a phone

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ran both the oem belt and an xs belt the past couple seasons on my ski-doo,all i can say is oem all the way from my experience running both types of belts, but this is just my 2cents.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody know what the ultimax xs belt is worth? i was looking for the equivalent to the 377 oem belt and it th xs821 i believe.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ON my REV I have had really good luck with the Dayco's. They are guaranteed for a year as well. I have blown a couple up and sent them back and 2 weeks later a shiny new belt shows up in the mail.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody know what the ultimax xs belt is worth? i was looking for the equivalent to the 377 oem belt and it th xs821 i believe.

I tried the Ultimax on my '08 Rev, it grenaded with less than 200km's on it, if I remember correctly the ultimax was like 120.00 delivered. I went back to the 377's and no issues since. :) :beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
2700 kms last year and 2 belts.....I will use the second one this season until it fails. That was the 377 from BRP.

Not easy kms but not super hard ones like highmarking either.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can remember only getting 100 mi on a belt in my 98 Summit X. I would pi$$ and moan at my dealer and he would doo nothing. So I bought Dayco belts, and although they didn't last any longer, they didn't seem to be any worse either, and when you return them, they wanted you to add a note as to what may have led to the failure. I always just wrote "BOOM", and they sent me a free belt every time. If it is for a spare belt, how great does it have to be really!!

Top Bottom